Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 05:56 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,019,531 times

Advertisements

Where are the flea markets?

Ever since the one on Wildwood Road closed years ago, I haven't been to a flea market. We used to go a few times a year. We'd meet friends for breakfast and go together. I usually bought perennial plants.

We once visited the one in Bridgeville when a SIL needed help with a booth for a one time selling of a product she made. We weren't many stands there.

I heard there is a huge one in Ohio somewhere, but I've never made the trip because it's on a weekday. Since we're not big flea market buyers, just people who liked strolling around with friends, I'm not sure I want to make a day of it traveling to Ohio anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2014, 06:14 AM

2,195 posts, read 2,588,371 times
Trader Jack's in Bridgeville is usually a pretty big flea market. They have the indoor market as well. Don't know if you went in the building but there are a lot of vendors there year round. A lot depends on the time of year and the weather of course. But every time I have ever gone it has been pretty packed.

The one in OHio is Rogers Rogers Community Auction

Old 03-08-2014, 06:14 AM

1,173 posts, read 2,186,510 times
If interested in fleatiques, there is a good one at the Tour-Ed Mine once a month (on Sundays). It's especially nice because it's under the trees that provide decent shade. There is another in Washington up behind the ballpark. But these are fleatiques and not true flea markets.

Old 03-08-2014, 07:09 AM

7,541 posts, read 10,256,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfax View Post
Trader Jack's in Bridgeville is usually a pretty big flea market. They have the indoor market as well. Don't know if you went in the building but there are a lot of vendors there year round. A lot depends on the time of year and the weather of course. But every time I have ever gone it has been pretty packed.

The one in OHio is Rogers Rogers Community Auction

I don't think Trader Jack's is open any more. Passing it on I79 last month it looked pretty closed.

Old 03-08-2014, 08:50 AM

Thanks for the ideas. I've never been to a fleatique. I'm game.

I would like to see the one in Ohio someday.

Old 03-08-2014, 10:00 AM

4,177 posts, read 2,956,126 times
The old movie theater next to Walmart in North Versailles. It been years since ive been there. It was pretty cool.

I have more perennials than my yard can handle. I started tranferring them to green spaces in my community. I gave a lot of them to friends and family. Never thought about selling them.

Old 03-08-2014, 10:56 AM

706 posts, read 1,048,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlurmsMcKenzie View Post
If interested in fleatiques, there is a good one at the Tour-Ed Mine once a month (on Sundays). It's especially nice because it's under the trees that provide decent shade. There is another in Washington up behind the ballpark. But these are fleatiques and not true flea markets.
Thanks for the tidbit on Tour Ed Mine. I always wanted to visit the mine. The mine itself would be a nice place to visit on a hot day because I heard that you get to go in a coal car and it is nice and cool in the mine. It looks like an easy drive just off of 28 in Natrona Heights. Add in a flea market and it can make for a pleasant afternoon.

Old 03-08-2014, 01:29 PM

1,273 posts, read 1,639,143 times
We have not hit this one up yet but will be this Spring. Our neighbors go regular but we aren't very far away. Might be a bit far for you but a good day trip. Rogers Community Auction

Old 03-08-2014, 01:37 PM

876 posts, read 1,144,294 times
My cat has fleas. She'll see ya a dozen for a quarter....

*crickets*

Old 03-08-2014, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
I have more perennials than my yard can handle. I started tranferring them to green spaces in my community. I gave a lot of them to friends and family. Never thought about selling them.
You can definitely sell them. People even put a "flowers for sale" sign in their yard or on their mailbox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Whiz View Post
Thanks for the tidbit on Tour Ed Mine. I always wanted to visit the mine. The mine itself would be a nice place to visit on a hot day because I heard that you get to go in a coal car and it is nice and cool in the mine. It looks like an easy drive just off of 28 in Natrona Heights. Add in a flea market and it can make for a pleasant afternoon.
As long as the mine is open at the same time the flea market is open. It's exactly like you say. My elementary school went on a field trip there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinsey86 View Post
We have not hit this one up yet but will be this Spring. Our neighbors go regular but we aren't very far away. Might be a bit far for you but a good day trip. Rogers Community Auction
I've never been able to go because it's on Friday and my husband works. We always planned to go while he was off but we'd forget. I invited my sister this morning. She's going to take a vacation day to go with me. I wonder why they don't have it on a weekend day sometimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh