Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2014, 07:45 AM

5 posts, read 5,754 times

Advertisements

I got excellent help when we moved to Pittsburgh two years ago, so I figure I'll try again.

We're looking at relocating to Monroeville or nearby, since my husband got a job there. Cutting down on the commute from Morningside would be nice, plus we have family in Murrysville. Until now we've been renting from Forbes, who we like, but the place we've been renting is just so old and drafty. Any recommendations for Monroeville landlords? People say to rent from someone private and not from a company, but it seems Craigslist is just overrun with nothing but companies posting all their available properties. >.<

The main two things we need are:

- A shorter commute than the 30 mins+ it currently is during rush hour.
- $900 or less in rent. We can stretch that a little if one or more utilities are included.
- Child friendly residence/area.

(Our son is now 2.5 years and right in that hilarious stage where he's capable of throwing deafening tantrums, so I'm very wary of ending up somewhere that's not child friendly, or with paper thin walls. I don't want to be a burden to our neighbors.)

Also note, we have two caged rodents (chinchillas).

We're not able to buy; the place we're looking for will ideally be good for staying in for several years - but we'll be relocating again for our son's school start, so school district is not important.

I've been looking at several of the properties managed by Cloverleaf Communities (Holiday Park looks interesting because they have townhomes, Birnam Wood, Belmont Ridge, Deauville Park, La Vale), as well as some managed by Agate Properties (Stone Church, and Murrysville). John C.R. Kelly Reality has ads all over Craigslist. If anyone has any experience with any of these I'll appreciate any and all insight, because I'm flying completely blind here. XD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2014, 03:16 AM

12,529 posts, read 17,492,411 times
John C.R. Kelly is a reputable firm, they handle my rental properties. Holiday Park has some good rentals as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh