U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2008, 09:02 PM

511 posts, read 1,815,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVH View Post
It definately was not you, sweetie! I always enjoy reading your posts. :-)

Really, I don't even care if people are pro-gay rights or anti-gay rights as it is there choice. However, on a site such as this the self-proclaimed "post Nazis" ought to be a bit more even-handed when they dole out their biased judgments as to what is appropriate or inappropriate. When somebody crosses the threshold into flat-out homophobic comments, they should be addressed. The poster I am referring to used the term "butt sex" and "perversion" over and over again in multiple posts and NOTHING was done about it.

ONE example (of many) can be found in this thread and it is STILL up after multiple reports were made regarding it by different people:
//www.city-data.com/forum/pitts...ml#post1336052
It's funny that particular person doesn't want his kids to see anything about homosexuality, but I think I'd be more embarresed for his kids to see some of his other ridiculous posts, especially the D E C L I N I N G SOOOOOUUUUUUTTTTHHHHHH H I L L S
Rate this post positively

Old 01-14-2008, 06:08 AM
Yac

6,023 posts, read 6,958,298 times
I believe the post in question was left there because the replies it got showed how utterly stupid and absurd it was.
Yac.

Old 01-14-2008, 06:53 AM
BVH

944 posts, read 509,022 times
I'm sorry, but, I simply cannot agree with that. It's a homophobic and denegrating post and it (and the MANY others he posted as well) should be deleted as per the terms of service/rules here. If I were to have responded to him using any racial words/terms, I would have been most likely banned. As a matter of fact, my response to that was something to the effect of "Go step in front of a bus". Three months later, I received an infraction and a suspension from some mod for that response!!!

From the T.O.S.:
"Hate speech, racism or bashing of ANY sort will NOT be tolerated. Rude posts will be removed and infractions issued. Do not quote or talk to trolls or your posts will also be deleted. Use the report feature instead."

If that post doesn't fit that definition, I don't know what does, short of calling gays the "F" word or blacks the "N" word. If homophobic, insulting, and direct attacks are allowed to stand by one person (regardless of what race/sexuality/religion etc they are bashing), why not just throw out the rules altogether?

Old 01-14-2008, 12:45 PM

90,377 posts, read 109,356,109 times
I have been treading lightly on this topic b/c I know we aren't supposed to complain about the mods, but I have to agree with BVH. Totally offensive crap should be deleted. I, too, have reported posts that could not be interpreted any other way, and they have been let stand.

Old 01-15-2008, 03:55 AM
Yac

6,023 posts, read 6,958,298 times
Guys, if you have issues with moderation, feel free to DM me and we will talk about it. General rule is that we don't discuss it on the forum, even in a thread like this one.
Yac.

Old 01-19-2008, 09:49 PM

2,902 posts, read 9,407,405 times
drumk again, love you again, i think i have a problem.

citydate forum rocks my socks.

I wanna meet you all, and give you big hugs.

Old 01-20-2008, 05:06 PM
BVH

944 posts, read 509,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guylocke View Post

You had best be careful. Someday somebody will take advantage of all of your drunken sloppiness. ;-) lol, j/k

Old 01-20-2008, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guylocke View Post

Send me a DM when you come out here to visit your extended family!

Old 01-22-2008, 09:06 AM

673 posts, read 1,943,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post
Guys, if you have issues with moderation, feel free to DM me and we will talk about it. General rule is that we don't discuss it on the forum, even in a thread like this one.
Yac.
I must say this rule is fairly offensive. It is understandable that you operate a private forum, and that in order to post on said private forum, you must abide by your rules, but seriously... Doesn't it just sound a little Big Brother-ish to be banning discussions regarding the moderators?

Old 01-22-2008, 09:22 AM

I see our friend returnedYinzer, aka Row Jimmy, Stagger Lee, greyhead and perhaps many others (I think), is no longer a member. He will probably be back. Don't feed the trolls! Watch out for people who say they have lived in Denver, Philly and Pittsburgh, work in urban planning, hate the suburbs, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh