U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2008, 08:35 AM

491 posts, read 1,340,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittnurse70 View Post
I see our friend returnedYinzer, aka Row Jimmy, Stagger Lee, greyhead and perhaps many others (I think), is no longer a member. He will probably be back. Don't feed the trolls! Watch out for people who say they have lived in Denver, Philly and Pittsburgh, work in urban planning, hate the suburbs, etc.
Well, almost everyone in urban planning hates suburbs. So, if anyone comes on here and works in urban planning, they are almost all going to hate suburbs, so that isn't a good thing to look out for. I know, I have worked in urban planning
Rate this post positively

Old 01-22-2008, 08:42 AM

90,150 posts, read 108,087,269 times
I meant the combination of all of the above, over time. Plus lots and lots of sarcasm, comments that the forum is immature, etc.

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 01-22-2008 at 08:53 AM.. Reason: addition

Old 01-22-2008, 09:10 AM

673 posts, read 1,929,570 times
I think he's currently operating under the screen name VWScotty...

//www.city-data.com/forum/searc...archid=3290491

Old 01-22-2008, 11:19 AM

13,146 posts, read 21,776,115 times
Quote:
I meant the combination of all of the above, over time. Plus lots and lots of sarcasm, comments that the forum is immature, etc.
My favorite part of this whole thing is when the person decides to go down in flames.... why don't they just go away?

Old 01-22-2008, 12:38 PM

353 posts, read 758,807 times
Quote:
Watch out for people who say they have lived in Denver, Philly and Pittsburgh, work in urban planning, hate the suburbs, etc.
If that comment was intended to apply to me in anyway I assure you, I'm not a troll. If that's what you think *shrug*.

Edit: Never mind, I saw your clearification.

Old 01-22-2008, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oktaren View Post
Well, almost everyone in urban planning hates suburbs. So, if anyone comes on here and works in urban planning, they are almost all going to hate suburbs, so that isn't a good thing to look out for. I know, I have worked in urban planning
Agreed... part of the reason I got into urban planning is my visceral reaction to the suburban waste.

And once again, this does reflect any hatred of the white middle/upper class.

Old 01-23-2008, 02:37 AM
Yac

6,020 posts, read 6,867,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallacus View Post
I must say this rule is fairly offensive. It is understandable that you operate a private forum, and that in order to post on said private forum, you must abide by your rules, but seriously... Doesn't it just sound a little Big Brother-ish to be banning discussions regarding the moderators?
We are open for discussion about mods and moderation, only not publicly. This rule will not change.
Yac.

Old 01-23-2008, 05:37 AM

511 posts, read 1,807,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallacus View Post
I think he's currently operating under the screen name VWScotty...

//www.city-data.com/forum/searc...archid=3290491
Looks like it was deleted, I'm the one and only

Old 01-23-2008, 08:45 PM

90,150 posts, read 108,087,269 times
Default Good bye, Pittsburgh

OK, I know we aren't supposed to make posts like this, but guylocke got away with it, so I'll try. (Probably will get another negative rep for it.) I'm done with this forum. I'm tired of getting negative rep for posts that do not violate the TOS. I don't care if I can get them removed, I've had it. It's always for stuff I post here. And yet, everyone talks about Pittsburghers as being the most friendly in the US, etc. Anyone who wants to talk to me can visit me on the other forums where I post. You can click on "see all posts by pittnurse70" and find out where they are. Some of you have done that, and followed me to other forums to do the same thing.

Re: negative rep, I haven't given out more than a handful since I joined Jan. 31 of last year. I quit giving them out altogether months ago, as I feel they are inappropriate. You're not supposed to give them out for disagreeing, you're not supposed to use them for personal attacks; they are supposed to be used for posts that are spammy, off topic, flames, purposely misleading, or inappropriate. Posts are to be reported to the admin if they are spam, advertising, or problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude).

I've made a promise to myself several times that I would leave, and have stayed off for varying amounts of time. I feel by going public, I will keep my pledge. So long, Pittsburgh!

Old 01-24-2008, 02:19 AM

Quote:
OK, I know we aren't supposed to make posts like this, but guylocke got away with it, so I'll try. (Probably will get another negative rep for it.) I'm done with this forum. I'm tired of getting negative rep for posts that do not violate the TOS. I don't care if I can get them removed, I've had it. It's always for stuff I post here. And yet, everyone talks about Pittsburghers as being the most friendly in the US, etc. Anyone who wants to talk to me can visit me on the other forums where I post. You can click on "see all posts by pittnurse70" and find out where they are. Some of you have done that, and followed me to other forums to do the same thing.

Re: negative rep, I haven't given out more than a handful since I joined Jan. 31 of last year. I quit giving them out altogether months ago, as I feel they are inappropriate. You're not supposed to give them out for disagreeing, you're not supposed to use them for personal attacks; they are supposed to be used for posts that are spammy, off topic, flames, purposely misleading, or inappropriate. Posts are to be reported to the admin if they are spam, advertising, or problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude).

I've made a promise to myself several times that I would leave, and have stayed off for varying amounts of time. I feel by going public, I will keep my pledge. So long, Pittsburgh!
Don't you think you are over-reacting a bit? You have a very high positive reputation, so clearly not everyone here is doing this. I certainly would never dream of doing it, as much as I might disagree with you on some points. Either way, it would be unfortunate to see you go because of the actions of a couple of irresponsible posters, since your insights are valuable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh