U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2008, 06:47 PM

31,438 posts, read 70,429,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittnurse70 View Post
Re: negative rep, I haven't given out more than a handful since I joined Jan. 31 of last year. I quit giving them out altogether months ago, as I feel they are inappropriate. You're not supposed to give them out for disagreeing, you're not supposed to use them for personal attacks; they are supposed to be used for posts that are spammy, off topic, flames, purposely misleading, or inappropriate. Posts are to be reported to the admin if they are spam, advertising, or problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude).
Hi pittnurse70!

This is a cakewalk as opposed to the rather disturbing violation of the TOS they call the New Jersey forum, where I get red dots anymore just from poking my nose in to as much as say "Hello." I don't by any means hate NJ, but the people on that forum do nothing but validate the "rude" stereotype that much of the rest of the nation has about them. In all honesty I've been here since mid-2006 and can count the number of red dots I've distributed on one hand. There are plenty of folks (especially on the NJ and Politics forums) who are immature and use red dots when they don't feel like debating with you.
Rate this post positively

Old 01-24-2008, 06:52 PM

31,438 posts, read 70,429,646 times
Quote:
guylocke got away with it
...speaking of which I wonder what he's been up to? I kinda miss him! It was refreshing to meet another fellow young Pennsylvanian who didn't bash the hell out of our state. Just last semester I had a professor openly disparage Wilkes-Barre and then followed it by "Nobody in here actually likes this old washed-out coal town, do they?" I solely raised my hand, at which point 30 folks started laughing at me. At times I wonder why I'm the only educated, intelligent person who wants to STAY in Scranton/Wilkes-Barre. guylocke gave me hope that there were indeed others like me who wanted to stay and help bring about positive change, but now even he's gone to Seattle. Soon my only peers to befriend in PA will be reality-TV-obsessed, beer-chugging, homophobic NASCAR fans with B.O.

Last edited by SteelCityRising; 01-24-2008 at 06:53 PM.. Reason: Typo

Old 01-24-2008, 07:12 PM

511 posts, read 1,814,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWB View Post
...speaking of which I wonder what he's been up to? I kinda miss him! It was refreshing to meet another fellow young Pennsylvanian who didn't bash the hell out of our state. Just last semester I had a professor openly disparage Wilkes-Barre and then followed it by "Nobody in here actually likes this old washed-out coal town, do they?" I solely raised my hand, at which point 30 folks started laughing at me. At times I wonder why I'm the only educated, intelligent person who wants to STAY in Scranton/Wilkes-Barre. guylocke gave me hope that there were indeed others like me who wanted to stay and help bring about positive change, but now even he's gone to Seattle. Soon my only peers to befriend in PA will be reality-TV-obsessed, beer-chugging, homophobic NASCAR fans with B.O.

Old 01-26-2008, 11:01 AM

2,902 posts, read 9,397,866 times
Quote:
SWB, I'm around!! I've been posting fairly regularly!! What are you talking about!! :P I am leaving for Seattle in about six months, but I'll be back once they start selling RiverParc property in a few years. As I've told many people, I'm definitely not leaving Pittsburgh for any other reason than I am young and want to be adventurous and see something else for a while! I adore Pittsburgh and will always be an active contributor (to some people's dismay) even when I am out west. I also admire your vigor in attitude regarding Scranton.

It's ashame what goes on in these forums sometimes with negative rep. In fact, I just had to contact a dev about my own recent negative rep. Pittnurse and I go way back, and have bumped heads on more than one occasion, but she is valuable and knowledgeable. You will be missed Pittnurse, I'll see you in the health boards.

Old 01-30-2008, 08:19 AM

90,377 posts, read 109,079,010 times
OK, I've thought this through a great deal, and I'm back for just one post.

DON'T. . . FEED. . . THE TROLLS!

Yesterday someone showed up here and on several other boards named JenkemUser. I am highly suspicious that it was our old buddy of the various names. By last night, all traces of him were gone. I would say: have a "high index of suspicion" for posters who show up with bizarre names, (I had never heard of jenkem, but someone on General US had and suggested looking it up in Wikipedia, ewww!), start posting about urban redevelopment, Denver, Philly, Pittsburgh, Altoona, etc. Lots of sarcasm, blah, blah. Just my 2c worth.

Old 01-30-2008, 01:57 PM

491 posts, read 1,345,689 times
Quote:
OK, I know we aren't supposed to make posts like this, but guylocke got away with it, so I'll try. (Probably will get another negative rep for it.) I'm done with this forum. I'm tired of getting negative rep for posts that do not violate the TOS. I don't care if I can get them removed, I've had it. It's always for stuff I post here. And yet, everyone talks about Pittsburghers as being the most friendly in the US, etc. Anyone who wants to talk to me can visit me on the other forums where I post. You can click on "see all posts by pittnurse70" and find out where they are. Some of you have done that, and followed me to other forums to do the same thing.

Re: negative rep, I haven't given out more than a handful since I joined Jan. 31 of last year. I quit giving them out altogether months ago, as I feel they are inappropriate. You're not supposed to give them out for disagreeing, you're not supposed to use them for personal attacks; they are supposed to be used for posts that are spammy, off topic, flames, purposely misleading, or inappropriate. Posts are to be reported to the admin if they are spam, advertising, or problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude).

I've made a promise to myself several times that I would leave, and have stayed off for varying amounts of time. I feel by going public, I will keep my pledge. So long, Pittsburgh!
You just have to not worry about it. I get tons of negative reps from the same idiots who can't even spell the words correctly in the rep comment section. Many times they even leave a positive rep with negative comments. I don't really care either way, it doesn't bother me, but I do find it pretty funny.

Old 02-07-2008, 08:48 PM

So I kinda like someone... LOL, and we've been "talking" a lot and seeing each other. I think things could go places, but he's been having a REALLY really bad day at work and so I sent him a text message of this little thing I wrote in like 20 seconds. Was this REALLY lame and or was it sweet and okay? I tried to make him smile or cheer him up.

After I sent it, I thought to myself, oh lord, why did I do that. LOL. Don't make fun.

"this txt message is from me to you
to cheer you up for when you're blue
you'll get this message on your break
It's pretty lame and mostly fake
But you work real hard and here's a tip
txts like these put a smile on your lips"

ROFL. I am soooooooooo lame I could die.

Old 02-07-2008, 10:16 PM

2,039 posts, read 5,933,482 times
Default oh Guylocke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guylocke View Post
So I kinda like someone... LOL, and we've been "talking" a lot and seeing each other. I think things could go places, but he's been having a REALLY really bad day at work and so I sent him a text message of this little thing I wrote in like 20 seconds. Was this REALLY lame and or was it sweet and okay? I tried to make him smile or cheer him up.

After I sent it, I thought to myself, oh lord, why did I do that. LOL. Don't make fun.

You are just an absolute doll! He'd be nuts not to fall for you!

Old 02-08-2008, 06:49 AM

94 posts, read 324,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guylocke View Post

We really don't need to hear about your love life

Old 02-08-2008, 07:07 AM

Quote:
We really don't need to hear about your love life
Toooooooooo bad. This is the off-topic thread!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh