Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 05:23 PM

713 posts, read 1,865,264 times

Advertisements

hmmm...where's my glass bottle with the broken end?

Old 12-05-2007, 05:31 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,112,167 times
I know Hopes had some family matters to take care and hope they are resolved. It may be these that are preventing her from posting.

If she's reading, here are my fondest best wishes to you and the family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guylocke View Post
Okay since this can be off topic, I have two questions.

First, where is Hopes????? I hope very much she is okay. It was so strange, her and I were setting everything up for the Pittsburgh forum picnic (she was doing all the work, I was moral support, LOL) and then she's gone!!!!! I find it hard to believe she wouldn't at least send me a quick note.

HOPES!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, has anyone else heard from our friend from New Orleans who was coming up?? Omg, I just looked in a thread that I knew she posted in a lot (her handle escapes me at this moment) and it's all gone. Could she have been kicked???? Last thing I remember is that they have sold their home and were coming up soon.

Wasn't it beeswax?

Old 12-05-2007, 05:41 PM

2,902 posts, read 10,066,997 times
Quote:
If she's reading, here are my fondest best wishes to you and the family.
Ditto. Very much so. She was without a doubt, one of the most genuine and helpful people on this forum.

Old 12-05-2007, 06:23 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guylocke View Post
Forgive him, I think his little heart almost burst from the initial excitement.
Yes. After receiving more profile infractions and smacks with large moderator sticks than I can recall, I thought I was finally free to be as much of a dufus as I so chose. Oh well!

Old 12-06-2007, 03:18 AM
BVH

944 posts, read 605,469 times
Perhaps this thread wouldn't be so nescessary if people wouldn't "narc" for stupid reasons! It appears all the recent threads that have been closed/edited all have one common denominator who seems to complain in them about "mistreatment". Perhaps instead of taking the whole class to the "woodshed", the highly-sensitive overreactive party could be addressed directly? Just a thought...

Last edited by BVH; 12-06-2007 at 03:29 AM..

Old 12-06-2007, 06:08 AM

919 posts, read 3,183,800 times
It wasn't just me BVH...that is who you mean here, so why not just come out and say it, so much for your friendly antics btw...should of known....so I am wrong to be over sensitive, seems to me you also mentioned and agreeded with me on some things on here as well and btw I had a few emails from people who had agreeded with me, that they felt i was being attacked...so lets not make me out to be the one who is 100 percent wrong here, cause that is really not fair, is it? I had admitted already and got my infractions for being oversensitive...what more do you want here? a slaughter too?

"narc" for stupid reasons

SO my reasons are stupid, what a nice thing to say..when you told me in a pm that people attacked you for being gay, did i call that a stupid reason? no..i ageeded with you, cause i do, its sad that people are so against you for being gay...and then you said some people here did not care that you were called names and hurt for being gay..you know some could say here you are over senstive too, how would that make YOU feel? So it is perfectly ok for you to call my reasons stupid but you allowed to call me stupid for your reasons? Aren't we the kettle calling the pot black her eor what? Honestly...do you see that you are putting me down for what you are doing yourself? That is unfair..then you post all over the place here bout how too senstive I AM....well, is that nice? Do you really have to join in and be a part of the gang mentality around here? Maybe so, maybe it makes you feel more accepted inside..how sad that is...if your going to attack me..do not EXPECT me to just sit here and take it..i will defend myself.

And you know, we have moved on here too, so why you are wanting to start things up again? Maybe you should try to think bout that for awhile...cause things are ok, we all had our say bout this and moved on.............so why do you feel to bring it up again? Or is it behind the scence emails stir keeping things alive here? Personaly, I am over it..i admitted i wrong for my part here and I even found things that we agree upon and I think that is GOOD, so why stir the pot? Or is that fun for you?

And now I see why everyone keeps saying that alot of good kind people left the site here for some time...I now See WHY!

Last edited by Seaharbour; 12-06-2007 at 06:42 AM..

Old 12-06-2007, 06:47 AM

511 posts, read 1,936,627 times
Here's something to think about. When I was recently in the penalty box, I created a Yahoo Pittsburgh group.

PittsburghGatheringSpot : Pittsburgh Gathering Spot

I love coming here, have got a lot of good information, met some people I would love to meet and have contributed alot. The thing is, I'm afraid to post some times. I feel like we are expected to act as though we are in a therapy group, sitting around in a circle, constantly talking about shiny happy things, being "nice" all the time. Sometimes somebody just hits a nerve.........

So if anyone is interested, sign up for the group I posted. I'm going to be the moderator, and it will be much more relaxed. Generally, no profanity, no racism or racial remarks, that's about it though. Let me know, and I'll still be around here.

Old 12-06-2007, 06:53 AM

Thanks for the invite VW.....I wish I had more time on my hands, but will save it for later maybe!

Old 12-06-2007, 06:55 AM

2,896 posts, read 6,632,726 times
Actually many state forums have chat threads and they are really designed to pull a bunch of posts and threads out of the forum that have nothing to do with relocating to a particular city/state and give folks a place to shoot the breeze. The amount of editing, deleting and closing of posts and threads because of off topic yackin' can become staggering at times so this is your opportunity to have at it while keep the rest of the forum clutter free for the people that swing by strictly for the available information. Most of the members that utilize these chat threads really enjoy them.They also make a fine place to air it out with someone (within the TOS of course ) in a fashion that would not otherwise be acceptable in another thread. Have fun with it Pittsburgh people!

Old 12-06-2007, 07:09 AM

"sometimes it's better to remain quiet and perhaps thought of as clueless than to start posting and remove every shred of doubt"

LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh