U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 05:55 PM

31,285 posts, read 69,873,080 times

Advertisements

Sheesh! I thought the brawls on the NEPA sub-forum were fierce!
Rate this post positively

Old 03-28-2008, 07:13 PM

90,055 posts, read 108,023,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWB View Post
Sheesh! I thought the brawls on the NEPA sub-forum were fierce!
That bad, huh? LOL!

Old 03-29-2008, 08:28 AM

471 posts, read 1,543,992 times
LOL! I've been so trying to follow this thread. We are in the Pgh. forum, so maybe you can understand my thinking.........Scottdale is cookie cutter??.........scottdale ???. It wasn't until a few posts ago(londonb) that the lightbulb lit up..........scottsdale............as in Arizona...........oh, okay.

Glad I didn't embarrass myself earlier with a wtf do you mean, Scottdale is cookie cutter rant?

Old 05-29-2008, 07:32 PM

[quote=subdivisions;2948217]
Quote:
Originally Posted by subdivisions View Post
Tallysmom is a relatively neutral, often gentle poster, who goes out of her way to see both sides of an issue. Beyond that, she has expressed interest in moving back here someday. She comes across to me as being someone who primarily posts here for social reasons, not to criticize or argue endlessly about a place she doesn't live and doesn't want to move back to. And that isn't weird to me.

I don't know much about bboy36 or his viewpoints on Pittsburgh, and right now I don't recall having any extensive interactions with him. If I have, they weren't recent, and I didn't know that he wasn't a resident when I had them.

As you know, I strongly dislike the city I came from - Colorado Springs. It might also interest you to know that I have a long family history in the Springs and in Colorado in general, where I was born and spent my childhood. In fact, most of my extended family still lives there. Nevertheless, I don't spend all my days trying to convince people in the CS forum that the city is bad and that they shouldn't move there. IMO, that would be just a bit obsessive and strange, and I hope that I never feel the need to do that.

Beyond that, you are the one who has stated multiple times that everyone has the right to post their opinion about various topics on this forum. I'm sure that you didn't mean that only people you agree with have that right, because that would be hypocritical. It's not sanctimony, I'm just simply agreeing with you for once.

As another famous Pittsburgh cheerleader often says, your opinion is duly noted.

I'm truly sorry that you feel this way. A country where people are arrested and sentenced for posting their opinions on message boards (no matter how mean or offensive those opinions are) is not the country I personally want to live in.

If you really want to discuss this any more, we should probably take it out of this thread. This conversation is completely off-topic, and doesn't have anything to do with Humanoid and his posting style anymore (I'm kidding, I'm kidding!)

So it's OK to post on this forum if you don't live in Pittsburgh but you say good things about it and express a desire to go back there, but not otherwise? Suppose you show me in the TOS where that is. I seem to have missed it.

Quote:
Nevertheless, I don't spend all my days trying to convince people in the CS forum that the city is bad and that they shouldn't move there. IMO, that would be just a bit obsessive and strange, and I hope that I never feel the need to do that.
And I don't do it on this board! I don't give a damn if you do or don't post on Colorado Springs. I can post on Pittsburgh if I want. It's none of your business IF or WHY I do, so I wish you would quit questioning it. As I said, if you read my posts without your filter of "She's a Pittsburgh hater", you would see that I have NEVER, repeat NEVER told anyone not to move there. NEVER!!!!!!!!!!

Re: harassment-it is generally illegal, on the internet, on the phone, etc. That is what I meant and you know it.

Old 05-29-2008, 07:54 PM

632 posts, read 1,608,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
So it's OK to post on this forum if you don't live in Pittsburgh but you say good things about it and express a desire to go back there, but not otherwise? Suppose you show me in the TOS where that is. I seem to have missed it.
As far as I am concerned, you can post anything you want on this forum, regardless of where you live or how you feel. Similarly, I have the right to have opinions about those posts and the motivations behind them, which I may or may not choose to share with you.

Quote:
And I don't do it on this board! I don't give a damn if you do or don't post on Colorado Springs. I can post on Pittsburgh if I want. It's none of your business IF or WHY I do, so I wish you would quit questioning it. As I said, if you read my posts without your filter of "She's a Pittsburgh hater", you would see that I have NEVER, repeat NEVER told anyone not to move there. NEVER!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, you can post on this board if you want. There's no need to shout. See above for the converse side of that equation.

I don't feel like searching through all your posts just to discuss a niggling point. So I'll just take your word for it that you never never etc. told anyone not to move here, and retract that statement.

Quote:
Re: harassment-it is generally illegal, on the internet, on the phone, etc. That is what I meant and you know it.
What you write is what I and other readers will assume you mean. If you meant something different than what you wrote, then you should be more clear next time.

Also, I strongly suspect that your definition and my definition of what constitutes "harassment" on the internet don't match up. So I would still probably have to disagree with you on that point. But if you'd like to find out for sure, you could post details about exactly how Mr. Troll harassed you and then I could tell you whether I thought his behavior was worthy of prosecution.

Or we could just stop talking about this stupid topic which I wasn't involved in and don't care about. It's up to you.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:05 PM

The only part I will respond to is the harassment. I think telling someone, anyone, that they are glad their child died, is harassment. And you were involved in a way. You told london you were sympathetic to the person who sent her all the nasty messages. Your excuse about her child "I forgot". Then you went on to defend what you said.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:22 PM

Quote:
The only part I will respond to is the harassment. I think telling someone, anyone, that they are glad their child died, is harassment. .
Although that behavior is not kind, I don't personally define that as harrassment, nor is it something that I believe legal action should be taken over. Clearly we have differing opinions about this subject.

Quote:
And you were involved in a way. You told london you were sympathetic to the person who sent her all the nasty messages. Your excuse about her child "I forgot". Then you went on to defend what you said.
I have already discussed my feelings about this incident in other posts. Again, I'm sorry that you are still offended and worried about this. Perhaps it is time for you to move on. If LB would like to discuss this with me further, then she is welcome to PM me and we can talk about it.

Old 06-15-2008, 11:27 PM

2,902 posts, read 9,347,170 times
I just HAD to share this little story I wrote years ago. I just found it by accident on my computer. Isn't it amazing how stuff actually gets so lost in the digital world just like my messy room??? Sheesh. FOR PET LOVERS!!

Quote:
The Legacy of Bone: The Unnoticed

It’s name is Bone. It’s desire: to be everywhere you least expect it, making itself utterly unnoticed, enshrouded in mystery, and acting very coy and harmless until it has you right where it wants you—then it inflicts intense pain and agony upon the sole of the foot and toes! It is truly a thing of evil; a vicious, unforgiving, merciless, fearless, sneaky, conniving little beast, and it doesn’t play by the rules. It is, of course, my dog’s bone.
It’s always there, lurking in every corner, in every hall, and on every step. Well, at least, it always appears that way. It is a known fact that when someone is heard cursing and holding their foot, Bone has struck again! It’s rather quite odd, because no matter how many times you step on that abomination, your initial reaction is always,
“what the hell was that!” My entire household should know by now that it’s Bone, if you can even call it that any longer. Considering my dog has chewed down anything that was once curved about it, it’s more like a rod of death with spikes at each end. However, that is his favorite toy, so it’s still around, injuring people and causing
colorful words to erupt from the mouths of its victims.
You see, here’s the dilemma. My dog loves his bone and he also adores being around people; his family.
Naively, he combines his two favorite things and takes his beloved bone to his beloved family. Then, he sets the
bone down next to you or directly behind you as though offering a small token of his gratitude. In turn, as you step back, you ram your foot right down on top of it, sometimes collapsing in agony, sometimes stumbling into a
nearby wall, sometimes staggering into a door frame, and of course my personal favorite, sometimes diving over
the dog so you don’t crush his tiny frame on your way down to meet the floor. Mind you, a great deal of screaming and flailing is also evident.
The bone is something we all must see a hundred times a day, but it is never truly noticed. For example, I’ll
travel upstairs and see the bone peacefully lying upon the steps and I never give it two thoughts. Therefore, when I proceed to go crashing down the steps after being impaled, I can blame no one other than myself. I should have
simply picked up the bone and tossed it aside at the top of the steps, but then again, I would likely then end up being stabbed at the top, and instead of falling down only several steps, I now find myself on the way down an entire flight.
Someday, someone is going to be seriously crippled by Bone. I say the madness has got to stop. The bone is
out of control. Sometimes after it gores me I quietly stand there and glare at it, silently wishing it’s doom, but I
swear that it’s glaring right back and the feeling is certainly mutual! We’ve tried giving my dog other bones—nice, soft, chewy ones, but it is all in vain and the dog turns his nose up at every one. We’ve even blasphemously tried to coax him into playing with balls or knots, but we were foolish in our attempts. He always demands his spiked, plastic, instrument-of-pain and so we have no choice but to live with it. The legacy of bone continues, and so I ask you, friends, watch the floorboards and step gingerly across your living room carpet, because you could be next to feel the wrath of Bone.

Old 06-16-2008, 12:42 PM

That is a cute story, guylocke. Man's best friend! I am a cat person myself, but I understand the appeal of dogs.

Thanks for bumping up this thread, too. I had forgotten about it. I think the poster "beautycoverqueen" may be a troll. There is a similarity of posts to those of some of our more notorious trolls. Just being careful.

Old 07-13-2008, 05:21 PM

Resurrecting this thread because I am confused about something and I don't want to post it in the thread it occurred in because, well, it's off-topic and I'll get in trouble again.

I opened up the PA liquor laws thread just now, and saw about 6 posts down at the bottom that all have my name on them and were deleted by a mod for off-topic-ness. What's weird about that is that I seem to remember being on-topic and relatively uncontroversial re: my comments in that thread (for once), and also I haven't posted in there in a couple of days (certainly not 6 posts all at once today which would have to be deleted by a mod).

Should I be concerned that someone else has hijacked my City-Data Forum account and is posting bizarre things this afternoon that have to be removed by a mod from the PA liquor laws thread? Or is this just a combination of my own paranoia and not understanding how special moderator powers work (or apparently even the definition of "off-topic")?

I also looked at some other threads to see if I could gain some insight. I see some posts of mine that were deleted by a moderator in the middle of a thread (not at the end), but I don't see listings for other deleted posts by other people, nor do I see posts by others that I know were there before but are not there now.

So I guess my other questions are these: if a mod deletes your posts, does the deletion notification typicaly show up in the place where the original post was, or does it show up at the end of the thread? And when other people have their posts deleted, will anybody but them see the deletion notice?

Confused minds want to know...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh