U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 03:43 PM

31,367 posts, read 69,984,752 times

Advertisements

Anybody need a hug?
Rate this post positively

Old 12-06-2007, 03:53 PM

2,902 posts, read 9,354,932 times
I could use one actually...

Old 12-06-2007, 03:55 PM

90,377 posts, read 108,263,345 times
You guys are great!

Old 12-06-2007, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guylocke View Post
I could use one actually...
Be careful what you wish for. It's been about 10 days since I've seen my significant other, and I'm in need of a cuddle session.

Old 12-06-2007, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittnurse70 View Post
You guys are great!
I'm still waiting for that bikini pic! I want to see either you or GuyLocke in a bikini, and whoever posts the pic first gets the grand prize!

Old 12-06-2007, 04:02 PM

My significant other and I just broke up a few days ago. Two years... gone.

Old 12-06-2007, 04:07 PM

Quote:
My significant other and I just broke up a few days ago. Two years... gone.
Oh dear! I'm so sorry to hear this! (Cyber-hug!!!) Was it related to your pending relocation to Seattle, or was it a more personal matter? I still remember losing my former love just before our first anniversary when my parents broke us apart over three years ago; the wounds still break open and the tears flow whenever I hear the song "Broken" by Amy Lee and Seether on XM, as it was our song. Break-ups are never easy, especially when you have high aspirations for them to blossom into something long-term and wonderful. I'm so sorry. Let me know on here or via MySpace if there is anything I can do.

Old 12-06-2007, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Was it related to your pending relocation to Seattle
No, he was very much looking forward to going to Seattle with me. Now Seattle seems like a distant dream, I can't much think of myself going out there alone..

It was just too hard and unfair for us. We've seen each other less than a few times in over 5 months. We'll be apart for another 11 months at least. My feelings sort of changed. I felt like we should pursue our own interests at this point as our lives are on two very different paths and that I couldn't worry any longer. All I did, ever day, was worry about this or that. I was making myself sick. I mean, maybe life will bring us back together someday, but right now, especially during a time where I have to pass my boards and start my career, I couldn't have all this emotional derailment berating me all the time. It will be the best for the both of us, I think, in the long run.

Last edited by guylocke; 12-06-2007 at 04:21 PM..

Old 12-06-2007, 04:15 PM

90,377 posts, read 108,263,345 times
I'm sorry for you. I remember when my DD and her fiance broke their engagement. Everyone said "It's for the best", etc, but it was still hard. Take care of yourself.

Old 12-06-2007, 04:23 PM

Quote:
No, he was very much looking forward to going to Seattle with me. Now Seattle seems like a distant dream, I can't much think of myself going out there alone..

It was just too hard and unfair for us. We've seen each other less than a few times in over 5 months. We'll be apart for another 11 months at least. My feelings sort of changed. I felt like we should pursue our own interests at this point as our lives are on two very different paths and that I couldn't worry any longer. All I did, ever day, was worry about this or that. I was making myself sick. I mean, maybe life will bring us back together someday, but right now, especially during a time where I have pass my boards and start my career, I couldn't have all this emotional derailment berating me all the time. It will be the best for the both of us, I think, in the long run.

Sometimes break-ups are for the best if you feel as if life is taking you onto divergent paths. It's been painstaking to make the 75-minute drive each way to my boyfriend's new home on the New York/New Jersey border, and I'm noticing that he and I seem to have less and less in common as the days progress. Today is our 3-month anniversary, and I must admit the "passion" largely seems to have escaped us. Our first date was simply magical---we wound up making out in my car for a half-hour. Now that the "spark" is gone, we're having a much harder time finding middle ground; I have a lot of ambitions and goals in the future, and he's still moreso up in the air about everything in life. I want to pursue my MBA, CPA, Ph.D., and then eventually run for political office in Scranton. He barely graduated high school and has no plans to further his education beyond that, meaning the pressure will be squarely upon my shoulders alone to provide for any future children we might decide to adopt, which will be difficult to do as I can already see signs that the cost-of-living in my part of the state is about to spike in about another decade.

I don't know if this has been your experience or not, but I've noticed that just about every gay male I've come across has had no professional ambition, and I truly don't know why. Most are in their 20s working retail jobs or at restaurants (if that) and have no plans to ever pursue better things in life than long hours and low pay. I have my entire future planned out, right down to adopting Sierra, my future Siberian Husky, and what actions I'd implement immediately to reinvent my city. I might very well find myself a bachelor in the coming years---I'm tiring of only dating and bumping into bumps on the logs who would be content sitting around the home with a box of Kleenex watching soap operas all day every day. My current partner couldn't care less about politics, and this worries me if I'm ever elected to the office of mayor and have to worry about him being bored at various social functions.

I personally don't think I'll ever find my "perfect" match, but I'm sure someone as outgoing, goal-oriented, and charismatic as you most certainly will. You've taken a step that I may also take just after the Holidays (I'd feel terribly letting him go right before Christmas like this). My only fear though is that given the extremely narrow dating pool in my area that I'll once again be alone for many more years to come.

Last edited by SteelCityRising; 12-06-2007 at 04:24 PM.. Reason: Another Typo---What can I say? I'm a yutz!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh