U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 03:28 AM
BVH

944 posts, read 501,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by guylocke View Post
Well when two people are IN love and dedicate two years of their lives together and do INDEED have sex and share themselves emotionally, spiritually, and physically, it's a lot harder to just be "two guys that are friends."

It's the same exact situation if you were in a relationship with a girl for two years and had to call it off for whatever reason. I'm sure it would be very hard to just be "a guy and a gal just being friends"

I have ZILLIONS of "just guy friends." I hope my relationship can develop into a friendship, but it ain't happening yet.

Hush you!! And yes, they have, I've posted my myspace pics on here before.

That's very, very true... it's just not a good situation when love DID equal sex (for lack of more thorough description) for two years and then started equaling something else. It's hurtful and awful for at least one party who doesn't feel the same way about the situation.
I, for one, have not seen said pics. :-)
Rate this post positively

Old 12-09-2007, 04:41 AM

38,704 posts, read 92,678,951 times
Wow. All it took was about 5 minutes of reading through the Pitt threads to remember why I almost never post 'round these parts any more -- just too damn much drama. Every time I have a fleeting thought about moving back there, all I have to do is remember that this forum is a sadly accurate microcosm of the epic battle of the homers versus the doomers taking place on a metropolitan scale back there. The fact that this sticky is even necessary really says it all, doesn't it.

Those of you tempted to respond with "and stay out" . . . Don't worry, I'm well ahead of you.

Old 12-09-2007, 05:32 AM

713 posts, read 1,736,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guylocke View Post
Well when two people are IN love and dedicate two years of their lives together and do INDEED have sex and share themselves emotionally, spiritually, and physically, it's a lot harder to just be "two guys that are friends."

It's the same exact situation if you were in a relationship with a girl for two years and had to call it off for whatever reason. I'm sure it would be very hard to just be "a guy and a gal just being friends"

I have ZILLIONS of "just guy friends." I hope my relationship can develop into a friendship, but it ain't happening yet.

Hush you!! And yes, they have, I've posted my myspace pics on here before.

That's very, very true... it's just not a good situation when love DID equal sex (for lack of more thorough description) for two years and then started equaling something else. It's hurtful and awful for at least one party who doesn't feel the same way about the situation.
Yeah, but there's only one small problem...it's not possible for two members of the same sex to actually have "sex". I've never heard of two men or two women producing any offspring.

I don't see why that fact is so hard for some people to understand.

If dedication is desired, have a loving husband/wife and some children. That's the natural human social arrangement, so I would assume that family life would be more fullfilling than what you are attempting now. Give it a shot, maybe?

Old 12-09-2007, 05:32 AM

511 posts, read 1,808,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
The fact that this sticky is even necessary really says it all, doesn't it.
The reason it's necessary is because some of us get punished for merely looking at our computer screens cross eyed and it offends someone.

Old 12-09-2007, 06:27 AM

3,700 posts, read 5,207,862 times
Unfortunately, Kpoeppel, many closeted people do indeed "give it a shot" in a straight relationship with disasterous consequences. Tney end up marrying to "fit in" to what a straight society wants of them and many of them end up divorced with hurt feelings all around. And some of them just stay married and sleep with men on the side. I am happy to say that society's attitudes have changed, since everyone has a gay family member and we're coming out to them more these days. BTW, how do you deal with the gay people in your own family? Cause they're there.

Old 12-09-2007, 09:22 AM

90,420 posts, read 108,235,436 times
You know, this thread was started so we could talk off-topic a bit, however, it has turned into a thread about gayness. Not that I am opposed to such a thread, but maybe we could get back on (or is that off?) topic.

Old 12-09-2007, 11:23 AM

2,902 posts, read 9,353,664 times
Quote:
You know, this thread was started so we could talk off-topic a bit, however, it has turned into a thread about gayness. Not that I am opposed to such a thread, but maybe we could get back on (or is that off?) topic.
Actually, since this thread HAS no set topic, I think gayness is just as fine as anything else we talk about.

That being said, I created a SPECIFIC thread on the subject matter and it would be nice if we could migrate over there and chat about it if you want.

Here you go BVH.

MySpace.com - GavN - www.myspace.com/dugavz

or if you don't have myspace go here:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Last edited by guylocke; 12-09-2007 at 12:20 PM..

Old 12-09-2007, 12:33 PM

I didn't mean to say we couldn't talk about gayness occasionally. I do like to drop in on this thread at times, and I really don't have much of anything to contribute to that subject.

Old 12-09-2007, 01:59 PM

2,902 posts, read 9,353,664 times
Quote:
I find it somewhat insulting that people assume breeders like us WANT children. Not everyone in the world think having a child is the be all and end all... (actually it is -- the end of going out, the end of sleeping in, the end of worry free travel! Lots of ends! )
I said something similar in "Gay Life in Pittsburgh" Tallysmom. I'd be happy to hear your thoughts on my post.

Old 12-09-2007, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
I find it somewhat insulting that people assume breeders like us WANT children. Not everyone in the world think having a child is the be all and end all... (actually it is -- the end of going out, the end of sleeping in, the end of worry free travel! Lots of ends! )

We never felt obligated to have children. There was a time, if we had had kids it would have been fine. We would have been great parents. But it didn't happen.

And we don't really miss it.
I think you would have been wonderful parents. But I know what you mean, even though we did have two wonderful girls. After while, you just move on. For me, it was career. I would have loved to get a master's, be a hot-shot nurse instead of a grunt. Eventually, though, I was happy doing what I was doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh