U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2007, 08:09 PM

919 posts, read 2,978,389 times

Advertisements

Personally, I do think these kind of things can be prevented here, and no gettting guns off the streets will only arm criminals and not stop the violence too...but maybe getting to the root of the cause here will help prevent things like this from happening in the first place...i know alot of kids who were abused for extended periods of times who went over the edge, cause they were different or did not fit in well with others or whatever here...not that that gives them an excuse, but when you see an overwhelming number of cases of where the child or adult was abused, then an outcast, add drugs to the mix here too maybe..then could it be that this then happens???
Rate this post positively

Old 12-11-2007, 02:51 AM

2,902 posts, read 9,353,371 times
Quote:
why do people hate christians enough to open fire on them?
Whew, there are MANY reason's people hate Christians. I think it's mostly fanatical thinking. MOST prominent world-religions are supposed to promote peace and tolerance, Christians and Muslims included.

It's the fanatical sects that destroy the religion. Of course, fanatical Christians are just as dangerous and say, fanatical Muslims.

Old 12-11-2007, 03:55 AM
BVH

944 posts, read 501,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaharbour View Post
There must be something to this...it happens alot lately.... why do people hate christians enough to open fire on them? I know that Marilyn Manson had this same kind of thing happen to him, he was booted out of the the church and the kids there made fun of him all the time...i wonder if he just lost it for the same reason?
So, you are implying that a crazy homicidal gunman and Marilyn Manson are on the same level?

Perhaps these people are getting tired of the disturbing behavior and scandals that SOME of these "God-atoriums" are filled with: Incest, polygamy, child molestation, hate-filled speeches from the pulpits, stealing the money of helpless victims, and on and on and on and they just snap...or perhaps they are just behaving the way the have been taught..hate eventually breeds violence and more hate.

The saddest part of all this for me is that it is ALL being done in the name of Jesus and Christianity! I am a Christian, and I am highly disturbed by the public actions of these "christian organizations". They will all answer to God when their times come, I am certain.

As long as there continues to be "christians" like Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, WBC's Fred Phelps and their ilk, and the Catholic Church covering up their blatant child molestation, these problems will only escalate.

Last edited by BVH; 12-11-2007 at 04:17 AM..

Old 12-11-2007, 05:17 AM

No...I did not say that at all here, what i have tried to say and I guess failed was that these people were hurt by the church...maybe misunderstood here...thats all. Sorry you took it wrong here and had to jump down my throat, once again

I am surpised you are a christian...don't you find the religion kinda of insulting to your lifestyle?

Old 12-11-2007, 05:19 AM

I agree guylocke...100 percent.

Old 12-11-2007, 05:20 AM

or perhaps they are just behaving the way the have been taught..hate eventually breeds violence and more hate.

I think they were abused and then they then later become easy targets in society, so see here we agree, why not focus on the positives here rather than on what we do not agree on?

btw..I was abused by the church...so I do not need to be educated on what goes on in the religion here, i know very well here what goes on

Old 12-11-2007, 05:46 AM
BVH

Quote:
No...I did not say that at all here, what i have tried to say and I guess failed was that these people were hurt by the church...maybe misunderstood here...thats all. Sorry you took it wrong here and had to jump down my throat, once again

I am surpised you are a christian...don't you find the religion kinda of insulting to your lifestyle?
Again, there is no need for passive-aggressiveness. I was not "jumping down your throat, once again". I merely commented on the fact that you chose to compare Marilyn Manson, who wears black clothing, face make-up, and is consider by some to be a "freak", to a mass murdering homicidal maniac. I am not sure how I became the target for your attacks, but, perhaps we could just "start over". :-)

For the record, I am not living a chosen "lifestyle", I am homosexual. I do not enjoy when society's misleading labels are used on me. In answer to your question, no, Christianity and Homosexuality are not mutually exclusive in my opinion. :-)

I am sorry that you were victimized by "the church", and it saddens me that you are nowhere near alone in that. I have always felt that ANYTHING that becomes organized eventually becomes corrupt. Rarely is your average lay Christian as despiscable as some of the bishops, priests, "church leaders" and the "church" as a whole.

Old 12-11-2007, 06:05 AM

You take everything i say the wrong way.. I am done trying to talk to you, its sad cause I am not your enemy as you prefer to see me here...I am done here...I am not passive aggressive and even if i were, its not your place to call it and in fact its name calling and against the rules of the forum too.

You made me out to be something I am not on here...I don't know now you think I am against your lifesyle too now..gosh I can't win with you can I? I am not anti gay..I have alot of friends who are gay or bisexual...you do not even know me to judge me.

I will agree with you that anytime something does become organized..it tends to become corrupt too. Christianity..when studied well, scares me..I want not part in it personally.

Old 12-11-2007, 06:07 AM

btw...Marylin Manson was a cast out of his church, just like the one who murdered recently like all those christians...I never did say he was a lunatic or crazy, you said that..all I was trying to get at here, once again I might add here..that they both were outcasts among christians...nothing more.

Old 12-11-2007, 06:27 AM
BVH

Quote:
You take everything i say the wrong way.. I am done trying to talk to you, its sad cause I am not your enemy as you prefer to see me here...I am done here...I am not passive aggressive and even if i were, its not your place to call it and in fact its name calling and against the rules of the forum too.

You made me out to be something I am not on here...I don't know now you think I am against your lifesyle too now..gosh I can't win with you can I? I am not anti gay..I have alot of friends who are gay or bisexual...you do not even know me to judge me.

I will agree with you that anytime something does become organized..it tends to become corrupt too. Christianity..when studied well, scares me..I want not part in it personally.
Wow. All I can say is, wow. Enemy? I merely made a commment ONCE on ONE thread that said that the mods should consider dealing with the person, you, who was complaining about everybody's posts and that they were "offensive" to you, instead of punishing/closing tons of threads in an effort to protect your sensibilities, and I stand by that. This whole "take it outside" thread, in fact, was started because of you. You haven't stopped "attacking" me and every post I make since.:-)
Actually, you are extremely passive-aggressive in your posts and when it is directed towards me, it is very much my place to "call it". I am sure you have already reported me for non-existant "name calling", as that seems to be your "m.o.". Go right ahead, I left the 2nd grade years ago. :-)

The comments I made about your Marilyn Manson comments stemmed from the fact that you alluded, in prior posts, that people who wear black clothes and paint their faces ought to be feared, I am paraphrasing as I don't remember the EXACT quote you used, but, you get the idea.

See, the way online forums work is this: People post comments/opinions on a given subject, and others respond. Sometimes (gasp!) people disagree with another person's opinions. So, please, before you start quoting rules and other assorted whines, take a moment to understand the whole concept of public forums. Most especially THIS thread that is of the "take it outside" variety.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh