Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2008, 08:43 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times

Advertisements

Before things take off too far with helicopter pads and so forth, I'd like to say a few words about gallcus' post.

I agree with about 90% of it. Interesting, I have been criticized on this forum, by some Pittsburghers, for saying things "nicely". I think it enhances debate to say things nicely, diplomatically, whatever you want to call it.

I do agree with separating fact from opinion. Both should be supported. I think it is very unhelpful to say stuff like 'It is inherently obvious', etc, also to call people names, say their opinions are silly, stupid, and the like.

What I don't agree with is that we always have to try to solve a problem. Can this forum solve the unemployment problem? Of course not. But people may want to vent about a little bit. I think the woman who was posting about having a hard time finding a job when she came here to help her mother who has cancer was treated horribly by some posters. Many people blamed her, when it seemed she sincerely wanted to find a job in Pgh so she could help her mom. I was afraid to post much in her defense because of some of the stuff that was being said, though I did speak up at one point and say I thought things had gone too far. The mods even deleted some posts. Not every thread is a problem-solving thread. Some are informational. Some are, frankly, for venting. I think such threads should be limited. But I can see their value. Berating people, etc, should have no place here.

Old 02-23-2008, 12:25 PM

160 posts, read 164,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovetheEastEnd View Post
Will you have a landing pad for your helicopter on it?

That would be a great idea. It is very common form of transport in NYC now. They recently started a Helicopter commute from Wall St. to the airports and it is doing very well.

Old 02-23-2008, 12:34 PM

2,902 posts, read 10,069,661 times
Quote:
That would be a great idea. It is very common form of transport in NYC now. They recently started a Helicopter commute from Wall St. to the airports and it is doing very well.
Are they just like those little two seater helicopters? I think I'd be afraid. What are the prices to get a commute from the city to the airport? I imagine if people are willing to pay it and it's profitable, it'll happen!

I'm not surprised at all!

Old 02-23-2008, 12:49 PM

Here are a few articles.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/06/ny...06chopper.html

US Helicopter Adds Locations To Manhattan Airport Connection Service | Transportation > Air Transportation from AllBusiness.com (http://www.allbusiness.com/transportation-communications/transportation-services/4291205-1.html - broken link)

If you belong to a concierge service you can get deeper discounts, majority of all businesses special deals or discounts like you would with a rental car company for their employees, same with the hotels.

You will share the ride with others during peak hours.

NYC has a few heliports and is getting more since it has become as common as taking a Taxi or any other form of transportation.

A hotel in Pittsburgh with a Heliport is a GREAT idea for business professionals Pittsburgh to Chicago-NYC- Philly.... Awesome idea.

Old 02-23-2008, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpinJeepers View Post
I have a personal F-16 for my use. What do you think about that?

I bought a few shares with Lockheed

Old 02-23-2008, 01:31 PM

I don't recall anyone saying the homes in Pittsburgh where ugly on that thread. I must have missed it.

Old 02-23-2008, 02:25 PM

Cool Roflmao

I just received a PM on here from someone...lol ... telling me that I should stop using the following words when I post.......Hip, Chic, trendy Tre Chic Elite, Luxury, Prestige High End.

And that Helicopter service has really annoyed this person .... LOL I;ll say it again it is a normal form of transportation in the New Millenium.

ROFLMAO!

Old 02-23-2008, 03:13 PM

2,039 posts, read 6,323,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSTYLE View Post
I just received a PM on here from someone...lol ... telling me that I should stop using the following words when I post.......Hip, Chic, trendy Tre Chic Elite, Luxury, Prestige High End.

And that Helicopter service has really annoyed this person .... LOL I;ll say it again it is a normal form of transportation in the New Millenium.

ROFLMAO!
It was probably Guylocke, he has about 4 names on here!

Old 02-23-2008, 03:34 PM

NO it was not Guylocke. (why does he have 4 names) I never received a pm from him I have pm 3 people myself and I think one of them and it is not you LondonBarcelona who is Tre faux with my Tre Chic.........lol

Since you mentioned it................

Unless like moi. I could not remember my password and closed my email so I had to start over. I emailed city-data and they said all they can do is close the account. So I opened one with a simular name so people new it was still the same person. If that was the case I could understad but, I don't think the person who JUST emailed me had that type of a problem.

The person just opened a New Account on here a few hours ago and has never posted ............ mind you its a new account. I have a feeling of who it is.........hiding under another name. I notice the writing style and there constant torment with Helicopters HYSTERICAL to say the least. The person is a IDIOT!

I wonder if its okay for me to fly a plane and to use a taxi............Tre Chic Ohh La la ROFLMAO

Last edited by NYSTYLE; 02-23-2008 at 04:32 PM..

Old 02-23-2008, 03:38 PM

2,245 posts, read 7,192,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSTYLE View Post

ROFLMAO!

Actually you sent me a PM first telling me that I'm a drug addict and that I'm turned on by speed freak prostitutes. I PMd you back saying that some of your verbiage sounds arrogant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh