Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-19-2014, 08:41 PM
 
10 posts, read 14,925 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

Greetings. Does anyone know of a more contemporary type of church (non-denominational, modern music, chairs rather than benches, can wear jeans and a t-shirt, etc.) near Kennedy that's not a massive church?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-23-2014, 11:29 AM
 
10 posts, read 14,925 times
Reputation: 10
Anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2014, 12:55 PM
 
Location: Mid-Atlantic
12,526 posts, read 17,605,357 times
Reputation: 10639
You want a Wal-Mart Church. Just google.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2014, 01:06 PM
 
10 posts, read 14,925 times
Reputation: 10
Well that was random. A Wal Mart church? No, I want a church that has more to do with God and less to do with man made rules and customs. Music from recent times is always nice as well. I'm also not too excited about churches that cost millions, as I believe that money likely could have been better spent elsewhere. In fact my last church was in a rented warehouse in AZ (with no A/C in the summertime), and I'd be really happy to find that same setup locally.

At any rate, thanks you for your input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2014, 02:19 PM
 
Location: Highland Park
172 posts, read 334,126 times
Reputation: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisRDBA View Post
Well that was random. A Wal Mart church? No, I want a church that has more to do with God and less to do with man made rules and customs
If you don't want man made customs, why are you being so particular about the specific customs you want (e.g., dress code, size, etc.).

A better way to frame the question might be to ask if God has a church near Kennedy that He wants you to join. You might be surprised by His answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2014, 04:47 PM
 
10 posts, read 14,925 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Magarac View Post
If you don't want man made customs, why are you being so particular about the specific customs you want (e.g., dress code, size, etc.).

A better way to frame the question might be to ask if God has a church near Kennedy that He wants you to join. You might be surprised by His answer.
Silly dress codes are man made, and Im skeptical of where the money goes in mega churches. However I like the point made in your bottom paragraph, thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2014, 04:53 PM
 
Location: Mid-Atlantic
12,526 posts, read 17,605,357 times
Reputation: 10639
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisRDBA View Post
Well that was random. A Wal Mart church? No, I want a church that has more to do with God and less to do with man made rules and customs. Music from recent times is always nice as well. I'm also not too excited about churches that cost millions, as I believe that money likely could have been better spent elsewhere. In fact my last church was in a rented warehouse in AZ (with no A/C in the summertime), and I'd be really happy to find that same setup locally.

At any rate, thanks you for your input!

God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2014, 05:33 PM
 
Location: Pittsburgh
7,541 posts, read 10,293,981 times
Reputation: 3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisRDBA View Post
Greetings. Does anyone know of a more contemporary type of church (non-denominational, modern music, chairs rather than benches, can wear jeans and a t-shirt, etc.) near Kennedy that's not a massive church?

Thanks!

I think what you are looking for is what they call an "emergent church". Some have definitely been emerging in Pittsburgh, but none I am familiar with in the Kennedy Township area.


There are or were a couple on the South Side- the Hot Metal Faith Community is where Wild Sisters used to be on S. 27th St.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2014, 07:04 PM
 
10 posts, read 14,925 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
I think what you are looking for is what they call an "emergent church". Some have definitely been emerging in Pittsburgh, but none I am familiar with in the Kennedy Township area.


There are or were a couple on the South Side- the Hot Metal Faith Community is where Wild Sisters used to be on S. 27th St.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top