Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 08:11 AM

2,576 posts, read 3,074,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Really... you never saw anyone having a drink outdoors?
Alfresco dining is the downfall of cities.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2014, 08:13 AM

2,576 posts, read 3,074,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
Maybe they'd be willing to consider Armstrong County? I hear there are some nice places in the backwoods there.
Are there any dry locales in Armstrong County?

Old 05-08-2014, 08:14 AM

22,266 posts, read 47,198,180 times
Grove City is dry... but it is in Mercer County.

Old 05-08-2014, 08:22 AM

1,758 posts, read 3,815,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Seriously, go shoot yourself. How can you be that miserable?

I spent some good times in Sharon, have some good friends from there. Move somewhere that makes you happy.

Sure. You have spent some "good times" in numerous places. We don't care. The person who posted the thread is asking questions about relocating here and presumably living here. Sure, a lot of people have "good times," as tourists, or at some event, or tying one on for a weekend. Or having a fling at the no-tell motel. You are always giving trite and irrelevant advice and wisecracks. Keep the trivia to yourself. This is an adult forum and we are talking business here.

There are a lot of drug and alcohol problems here, and not much for kids to do. My nieces and nephews were raised here, and I know exactly what problems my sibling had with their own kids and other people's kids. One of my relatives teaches in the local schools,k which is a real finger on the pulse. I am friends with 4 cops. I know people who work as wraparounds and counselors. You don't even live here, so how would you know anything? You don't know anything.

Last edited by SorryIMovedBack; 05-08-2014 at 08:30 AM..

Old 05-08-2014, 08:28 AM

1,758 posts, read 3,815,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthead View Post
That's sad to hear. But to be honest, I and the person that I live with are willing to take boring over this crap any day. Sometimes I realize that the middle-class is disappearing everywhere, but right now we're throwing our money away on rent and are in a pretty desperate situation to say the least. Thanks for all the inside information.
I concur with the people who say look at towns closer to Pittsburgh. Beaver county has been discussed on here. Maybe Zelinople area, too. The jobs are closer to the metro areas, so if you like Pittsburgh, look closer to that area. The small towns don't offer much employment, and as others stated, you can still find affordable housing in a lot of places within reasonable drive.

Good luck with your housing search and relocation. :-)

Last edited by SorryIMovedBack; 05-08-2014 at 08:37 AM..

Old 05-09-2014, 02:24 PM

14 posts, read 37,591 times
Quote:
Yep... I wondered the same four days ago, but the OP doesn't say why they are stuck on Sharon!
Actually, if anything I like New Castle more. The person that I live with was looking at houses, and saw one that looked nice in Sharon. I personally don't remember Sharon as being all that great when we passed by there about 6 months ago, but it seemed like for some reason she didn't remember that. If anything I prefer New Castle.

Old 05-09-2014, 02:26 PM

14 posts, read 37,591 times
Quote:
Really... you never saw anyone having a drink outdoors?
This was outside of a shop, not a restaurant. And it wasn't a glass of wine, or a glass of beer that you would normally have outside of a restaurant anyways. It was a full 40 oz.

Old 05-09-2014, 02:51 PM

22,266 posts, read 47,198,180 times
Still don't see why that is a problem or would raise red flags as an area to avoid....

Old 05-09-2014, 02:56 PM

30 posts, read 38,278 times
Stay out of Sharon city limits because it's basically a dump where only welfare queens parade up and down all day. Live somewhere east like Hermitage or Mercer and you'll be fine.

As far as living in Sharon and commuting to Youngstown or Pittsburgh for work or pleasure, it doesnt make sense. Both those cities have plenty of cheap housing around them without having to tolerate a 30-60 min. commute from Sharon every day.

Old 05-09-2014, 03:44 PM

462 posts, read 1,205,329 times
Quote:
Grove City is dry... but it is in Mercer County.
Technically, it is not any more.....since 2008. At least one restaurant in town has a liquor license.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh