Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 11:12 AM

14,360 posts, read 16,870,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adambl View Post
Heh, I didn't realize that was the border, but my description was oddly accurate. The place is literally on the other side of 51st, so I guess technically it's upper.
I think I know the house you are talking about. I have some friends who live on the street. They say it's noisy due to some of the renters which live on Butler, but is otherwise very safe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2014, 12:26 PM

1,491 posts, read 1,446,322 times
upper L'ville is not past its time. Its most likely just starting to see its time. But the housing stock in upper is not as nice as central. I doubt upper will ever get to the level of central in terms of price and desirability.

Old 06-11-2014, 02:53 PM

706 posts, read 1,042,817 times
About fifteen or twenty years ago, there was a heavy set older woman in Lawrenceville who was the Nimby of all Nimbys. She was a community activist. There is nothing wrong with that, but she used to complain about anything and everything. A couple young women wanted to convert the old firehouse at 34th Street into a bar/restaurant. She was on the news all the time. "We don't need no more bars or strangers coming in,"etc. She has passed away, but I heard from a reliable source that she was the big enchilada when it came to crack dealing. She supposedly brought in most of the crack into Lawrenceville. Anybody that remembers Lawrenceville in those days knows that there were a lot of crackheads around. You talk about a hypocrite! Needless to say, she would not be happy with the new Lawrenceville since there have been changes for the better. Does anybody remember this woman?

Old 06-12-2014, 01:57 PM

632 posts, read 848,320 times
Amazing how quickly Lawrenceville is changing.

I worked with a girl who lived there in the late 1990's. Everyone in the office would say
things like "Ugh! You're from LAWRENCEVILLE? Do you go outside after dark? Do you
carry a pistol or pepper spray with you?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh