Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 03:26 PM

876 posts, read 1,138,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gortonator View Post

If Germany had won, they'd only have needed a draw in the last game against the US regardless of tonight's result (unless US win by a bucketful - unlikely). And if US beat Portugal tonight, they were both through and could then put on their smoking jackets and sit at the bar for the last game. Now Germany need to win to secure top spot. A motivated German team is a scary beast.

My prediction - 1-1 draw tonight, and my hope is Ronaldo is pathetic as I he makes my mind grapes hurt. If its a draw, strap yourselves in tight for the last game next week as it'll be a wild ride!!

Pffffff! Ohhhh, Smithers, the Germans are going to get me!

This is 'MURICA, dammit! Were we skerrred of the Germans when they bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL NO!

But first, time to knock out pretty boy Christiano and those drama queen Portuguese! USMNT: **** YEAH!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2014, 10:07 PM

1,947 posts, read 2,232,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboPGH View Post
Pffffff! Ohhhh, Smithers, the Germans are going to get me!

This is 'MURICA, dammit! Were we skerrred of the Germans when they bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL NO!
I'd have expected UKYank to have mentioned the war first - Basil Fawlty style But it doesn't surprise me that a local thinks the Germans bombed Pearl harbor. If you don't know your war history, how can you know your soccer history.

great game though - last 30 seconds were grim. Thursday lunch will be a wild, wild ride.

Old 06-22-2014, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gortonator View Post
I'd have expected UKYank to have mentioned the war first - Basil Fawlty style But it doesn't surprise me that a local thinks the Germans bombed Pearl harbor. If you don't know your war history, how can you know your soccer history.

great game though - last 30 seconds were grim. Thursday lunch will be a wild, wild ride.

Dude.... Have you NOT seen Animal House?

Last 30 seconds were a helluva gut punch, but for 80 minutes of that match, I would've been THRILLED with a draw.

I'm either taking a half day Thursday or a two hour lunch. I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN!!!

Old 06-22-2014, 10:13 PM

1,653 posts, read 1,576,494 times
I would say Jimbo needed to make his irony more obvious, but I am not sure how a person would go about doing that.

Old 06-22-2014, 10:18 PM

1,653 posts, read 1,576,494 times
Animal House clip:

Animal House: Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor - YouTube

Old 06-22-2014, 10:24 PM

1,445 posts, read 1,963,077 times
I would have thought that everyone would have recognized that quote but maybe young folk have never seen a classic like Animal House.

Old 06-22-2014, 10:30 PM

1,947 posts, read 2,232,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneW View Post
I would have thought that everyone would have recognized that quote but maybe young folk have never seen a classic like Animal House.
Apologies - while not young, I have never seen Animal House ... and probably never will.

Thursday lunchtime prediction, 1-1 draw, and me at least 3 beers. And Ghana to beat Portugal 2-1

Old 06-22-2014, 10:35 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,008,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sealie View Post
Always priceless. No matter how many times that movie is seen. An absolute classic.

Old 06-22-2014, 10:40 PM

5,652 posts, read 6,946,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneW View Post
Is it on Vine?

Old 06-22-2014, 10:41 PM

To bring the Pittsburgh bar component of this thread back into the fold...

A group of five of us met up at Hough's in Greenfield to watch tonight's match, and it was closed. They might've missed out on seem decent business, as there was another group pulling up to it as we were leaving.

Ended up watching at Ryan's in Regent Square, which had a small but lively crowd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh