Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2014, 01:21 PM

2,369 posts, read 2,912,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
The city, the venue, businesses, etc...

How would anybody not affiliated know how much? All part of the deal that those involved made. Find the sources and ask if you're so curious.

While many like yourself avoid accepting the truth, I avoid nothing. Many people will believe anything and everything they're told. That's being extremely naive.

city? venue? maybe the venue... but most of the tailgaters have their own stuff they brought from home and unlikely the majority spent it at places near the stadium.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2014, 01:30 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarqCider View Post
city? venue? maybe the venue... but most of the tailgaters have their own stuff they brought from home and unlikely the majority spent it at places near the stadium.
Perhaps, but not all people going to the concert, tailgate or bring their own stuff.

I have no idea what concessions are made in order to have these events in the city, but the money is obviously huge. These acts don't just come here and collect all the money from the tickets that get sold.

Old 06-24-2014, 01:32 PM

4,240 posts, read 4,917,434 times
Luke Bryan Concert: Messy People Or Media Hype? « CBS Pittsburgh
Quote:
“I seen (saw) the news filming the trash segment. They were interviewing people in our area and it was clean and the news team almost disappointed that it was clean. I even heard the guy go to the cameraman, let’s go up there it has to be worse…I lost some respect for that news station when I heard that.” - WPXI Reporter
Boom.
But hey keep listening to the people who make a living out of getting people rowwed up.

Last edited by speagles84; 06-24-2014 at 01:40 PM..

Old 06-24-2014, 01:34 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,798,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghYinzer View Post
This whole "has no bearing on anybody" doesn't make any sense to me.

1. Did it cost my tax payer dollars to clean it up? Yes
2. Did it make a mess of public property? Yes

Both of those have an impact on me.

I am willing to accept that it will happen again and brought in money, but your belief that unless you were sitting directly in the middle of this disaster it has no impact is unreal....
Isn't ALCO Parking a private company how would that effect tax dollars? On concert days like that they're making like 25 to 30 dollars a parking slot I believe.

I am sure a lot of the restaurants down there did well so yep they love events like this. Not everyone tailgates and even some that do like to take a walk and go somewhere different which is how I am.

Old 06-24-2014, 01:41 PM

4,240 posts, read 4,917,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Isn't ALCO Parking a private company how would that effect tax dollars? On concert days like that they're making like 25 to 30 dollars a parking slot I believe.

I am sure a lot of the restaurants down there did well so yep they love events like this. Not everyone tailgates and even some that do like to take a walk and go somewhere different which is how I am.
Nope. We were right next to that lot and it was $55 a car.

Old 06-24-2014, 01:42 PM

3,110 posts, read 2,916,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post

The city didn't clean up the parking lots, but they did have to clean up the streets, the North Shore grassy area, the Riverwalk, and also the river....

Old 06-24-2014, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speagles84 View Post
Luke Bryan Concert: Messy People Or Media Hype? « CBS Pittsburgh
Boom.
But hey keep listening to the people who make a living out of getting people rowwed up.
Great link. Not a bit surprised, however.

Old 06-24-2014, 01:47 PM

Quote:
The city didn't clean up the parking lots, but they did have to clean up the streets, the North Shore grassy area, the Riverwalk, and also the river....
Since supposedly most everything was in the parking lots, there obviously couldn't have been much to clean up.

Old 06-24-2014, 01:51 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,798,945 times
Ok I was being conservative with the 25 to 30 dollar figure...I'm thinking of other events. 55 dollars that's a nice profit for the company. Sooo.... ALCO pays a few hard up down on their luck guys minimum wage to go clean it up and they have some food in their belly for a couple days. We haven't heard any claims of mass amounts of trash outside the lots so far the main complaint has been the parking lots. I would say the Ribfest that happens at the beginning of the college football season probably causes more street trash than this does.

Old 06-24-2014, 01:51 PM

5,894 posts, read 6,881,186 times
Quote:
The city should be able to do a simple cost analysis as to whether the 40% parking tax they collected on each vehicle, the tax collected on each ticket, stadium usage fees & income generated by the businesses brought in exceed the cost of clean up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh