Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What city does Pittsburgh consider its biggest sports rival?
Baltimore 15 30.61%
Los Angeles 0 0%
Boston 1 2.04%
Chicago 2 4.08%
Buffalo 0 0%
Cleveland 11 22.45%
Detroit 0 0%
Cincinnati 4 8.16%
Philadelphia 14 28.57%
New York City 0 0%
Detroit 0 0%
St. Louis 0 0%
Washington DC 0 0%
Milwaukee 0 0%
Other (Please Specify) 2 4.08%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 09:30 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboPGH View Post
What's this "LeBron" and "NBA" yunz speak of?

Does it have something to do with BouncySqueakyFouls?
Yep. Very compareable to diving, crying, acting, etc... by soccer players begging for free kicks and penalty shots...and not to forget the pleading for opponents to receive a yellow or red card.

While I could care less about basketball and have always been a fan of the game of soccer, the ridiculousness of the players in both sports is extremely similar.

Last edited by erieguy; 07-07-2014 at 09:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2014, 09:33 PM

8,632 posts, read 12,996,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Actually, if you check most lists for worst fans, year in and year out Philadelphia is usually atop or very high on the list.
A lot of the sports media comes out of NYC, which promotes anti-Philly propaganda. That anti-Philly propaganda has grown to other media outlets across the country. It's has become very trendy to hate on Philly sports teams.

Old 07-07-2014, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
A lot of the sports media comes out of NYC, which promotes anti-Philly propaganda. That anti-Philly propaganda has grown to other media outlets across the country. It's has become very trendy to hate on Philly sports teams.
Lol. Very few like to accept the truth, but there are plenty of reasons why most every list has them on top. A small amount of "Googling" will show that...and year in and year out at that.

Old 07-08-2014, 05:26 AM

10,227 posts, read 16,817,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Lol. Very few like to accept the truth, but there are plenty of reasons why most every list has them on top. A small amount of "Googling" will show that...and year in and year out at that.
the same things people complain about with eagles fans occur in every nfc east stadium and likely every nfl stadium. gwilly is right. a small amount of googling will show you that.

as for diving, the nba turned itself into that. it wasnt always that way. its a shame since its not like it needed to be cleaned up. its not like hockey where cleaning it up gave the edge to skilled players or football which is inherently destructive

Old 07-08-2014, 05:38 AM

2,269 posts, read 3,800,366 times
I think people got off track after the "bad fans" comment. Miami has bad fans because they are not hardcore. They are fairweather fans. Philly fans are hardcore to the bone, but are "bad behaving fans". These are two totally different things.

Philly fans in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2isksLw0jW8

Old 07-08-2014, 05:41 AM

2,269 posts, read 3,800,366 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFrWDfNF_fw

Old 07-08-2014, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman View Post
the same things people complain about with eagles fans occur in every nfc east stadium and likely every nfl stadium. gwilly is right. a small amount of googling will show you that.

as for diving, the nba turned itself into that. it wasnt always that way. its a shame since its not like it needed to be cleaned up. its not like hockey where cleaning it up gave the edge to skilled players or football which is inherently destructive
Philly fans are excessively worse, hence making top of the lists on a regular basis.

Whether it was or not it is now and the only sport close to that is soccer.

Old 07-08-2014, 07:11 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,727,132 times
As the thread continues I'd like to remind everybody to stay calm and respectful, even when talking about sport rivalry.
Also I feel I have to add all of you should be happy you don't have the rabid soccer fans most European cities have at least a handful of. It's not a competition really,but seriously be glad you don't have scenes like we do in Poznań sometimes
Anyway, I don't mean to hijack the thread So I'm retreating to the shadows once again.
Yac.

Old 07-08-2014, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herodotus View Post
I think people got off track after the "bad fans" comment. Miami has bad fans because they are not hardcore. They are fairweather fans. Philly fans are hardcore to the bone, but are "bad behaving fans". These are two totally different things.
if only they had behaved better like these fans

Redskins and Giants - Crazy FIght! - YouTube

the reality is your opinions are no more accurate than someone who says Pittsburgh is a rundown steel town and nothing more

Old 07-08-2014, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herodotus View Post
you're right, they should learn from the classy rangers fans

Rangers vs Devils Fan Brawl - YouTube

49ers attacking giants fans in the middle of the street
Video Shows 49ers Fans Attacking NY Giants Fans In San Jose « CBS San Francisco

Quote:
Two men pleaded guilty Thursday to a 2011 beating at Dodger Stadium that left San Francisco Giants fan Bryan Stow brain damaged and disabled.
2 men plead guilty in Dodger Stadium attack on Bryan Stow, get sentenced | Fox News

miami and indiana

Miami Heat vs Indiana Pacers FANS FIGHT At Game NBA 2014 - YouTube

I could go on but I suppose your mind is made up and no facts will change it. I generally don't beleive in exceptionalism and I don't here. the reality is other cities get a pass, Philadelphia does not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh