Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 02:35 PM

6,782 posts, read 9,588,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slavicamerican View Post
Wow, you're right. But then again, I've always thought Pittsburgh was very unintentionally homoerotic. Kinda like the village people of cities.
I'm fairly certain that it wasn't unintentional on the part of the Village People.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2014, 02:46 PM

273 posts, read 348,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Hick View Post
I'm fairly certain that it wasn't unintentional on the part of the Village People.
Touche.

Old 07-14-2014, 06:16 PM

876 posts, read 1,144,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slavicamerican View Post
Wow, you're right. But then again, I've always thought Pittsburgh was very unintentionally homoerotic. Kinda like the village people of cities.
It's like the gay steel mill in that Simpson's episode with John Waters:

"We work hard.... We play hard."

As for Arrrrrrn City, I think it's absolute swill, although I do remember kinda liking Augustiner at one point. Does Augustiner still exist?

Old 07-15-2014, 09:58 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,517,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboPGH View Post
It's like the gay steel mill in that Simpson's episode with John Waters:

"We work hard.... We play hard."

As for Arrrrrrn City, I think it's absolute swill, although I do remember kinda liking Augustiner at one point. Does Augustiner still exist?
Real Augustiner Bräu (est. 1328)? Like from Germany? Hell yes it exists. It certainly did when I was in Munich in 2012, and is fantastic . Not sure about this augustiner lager from Pittsburgh you speak of. I doubt it's brewed anymore.

Old 07-15-2014, 12:15 PM

632 posts, read 853,042 times
That was perhaps the least believable part of The Deer Hunter.

Hearty Yinzer millhunks going to their local shot-and-a-beer bar and drinking
Rolling Rock? No way! It was Ahrrrrn all the way! Rolling Rock was some prissy
upscale beer that would be consumed by guys like Richard Scaife or Andre Previn.

That and the fact that many friends who fought in Vietnam told me they had
never heard of these Russian Roulette parlors.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:02 PM

6,782 posts, read 9,588,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
Since Iron has moved, it is much smoother. I wish people would compare Yuengling and Iron at the same sitting and decide. I feel Iron is a better beer. I don't drink much beer these days and most of the ones I do are from brewpubs, but the fuzzy yellow beers like Coors, Iron and others are all pretty close and I think Iron is as good if not better than those. Sad people around here just go with the big advertisers and drink what is on NASCAR cars.
Entirely because of this comment, I tried an Iron and then a Yuengling. I respect that tastes differ, but this is wrong. Not nearly as wrong as some of the stuff that passes for opinion on the internet these days, but still wrong. I had four Yuengling afterward, just to be sure I was fairly comparing them/kill the taste. The bartender told me I should have tried IC Light. I tipped him anyway, but that hurt.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:08 PM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
I liked the I C Light commercial that one person starts humming it in an elevator and they all join in. I don't remember that bus one.
Here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwu38ulnc5E

Old 07-19-2014, 10:14 PM

876 posts, read 1,144,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Burgher View Post
That was perhaps the least believable part of The Deer Hunter.

Hearty Yinzer millhunks going to their local shot-and-a-beer bar and drinking
Rolling Rock? No way! It was Ahrrrrn all the way! Rolling Rock was some prissy
upscale beer that would be consumed by guys like Richard Scaife or Andre Previn.
My biggest problem with that movie is none of the main characters had a Western PA accent. All the New York actors made the effort to pronounce their 'Rs' but that was about it.

Old 07-20-2014, 05:25 PM

706 posts, read 1,048,325 times
Speaking of movies, there is a seen in the movie "Reckless" where Aidan Quinn runs over an empty Iron City beer can with his motorcycle after getting fired from his job in the mill. In the realistic movie "Flashdance that portrays an extremely hot female welder quitting her job to become a broadway dancer, Iron City is consumed by the male patrons in the Strip Club. In "All the Right Moves" starring Tom Cruise, the bar patrons in the town of Ampipe drink Iron also.

Old 03-22-2015, 07:41 AM

1 posts, read 927 times
Does anyone know about an old Iron City beer commercial filmed in Washington Pennsylvania at Billy 's Bar in the 90s?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh