Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2008, 10:16 AM

4,275 posts, read 7,599,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb321 View Post
I always thought the area around there,Pleasant Hills,etc.were nice,safe areas.
Pleasant Hills I thought was a nice safe place, not sure about now. It always seemed out of place with its neighboring areas though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2008, 02:10 PM

370 posts, read 1,012,940 times
Pleasant Hills, despite it's somewhat trashy (yet incredibly safe) neighbors, is still a wonderful place

Old 10-01-2008, 08:35 PM

803 posts, read 2,961,121 times
"Ruby Tuesday's" at the mall is rather skanky; I've been IN their kitchen....LOL!!

BUT- - - the Steel City Saloon has GREAT ribs and a decent selection of barbeque, as well as other Pub / Casual Dining faves, and is definitely worth a try..... they need all the new customers they can get, so I'm actively supporting them...

<size=24>SUPPORT CENTURY III MALL!!!!!</size>

Old 10-02-2008, 01:08 AM

3,131 posts, read 9,338,250 times
Do you think Century III has outlived it's expected life span?

Old 10-02-2008, 06:46 AM

803 posts, read 2,961,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterRabbit View Post
Do you think Century III has outlived it's expected life span?
Not at all.

In fact, it's very design lends itself out for remodel at any given time to meet the needs of our community and the changing face of retail, in general.

I think its problems stem from a combination of location (behind a giant slag heap) and ease of finding alot of what you need from the adjacent and more visible stores, along Route 51. The Mall itself is hard to see, except for Macy's, from the highway.

The Mall is currently undergoing a facelift, getting new concrete overlay and roof repairs, at staggering costs to Simon group. They recognize the Mall has to attract back old friends and make a few new ones, as well.

Crime at C-III is the lowest amongst all the PGH-area malls and even with the reputation we have as being "ghetto", I see the vast amount of shoppers still to be white, and middle class. So I think C-III gets a bad rap on that account, but you have to also admit, that poorer minority shoppers also deserve to have somewhere to shop, so the race card doesn't float, in my river... money is all greeeeeeeeeen!!!

Stop out over the holidays, get some great deals, and see how wrong people have been about C-III....

Hopefully, some of you will be in those categories!!!!

Old 10-02-2008, 08:40 AM

29,627 posts, read 34,112,869 times
Quote:
I think its problems stem from a combination of location (behind a giant slag heap) and ease of finding alot of what you need from the adjacent and more visible stores, along Route 51. The Mall itself is hard to see, except for Macy's, from the highway.
I have a friend who lives in Clairton, and every so often we'll meet at Century III. I always found the parking lot really confusing with the upper decks and the lower decks, and I always found it difficult to get back to 51 from parts of the parking lot. The mall itself is kind of big and empty.

Where I'm from in Ohio most of the shopping centers are easily accessible from highways, and here in Western PA, that's rarely the case, except for places like Robinson and Monroeville.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:05 AM

2,039 posts, read 6,306,059 times
THESE are Juggalos? How bored can one person possibly be to have to dress up like a clown just to get attention? "WOW"

Old 10-02-2008, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by By~Tor View Post
Not at all.

In fact, it's very design lends itself out for remodel at any given time to meet the needs of our community and the changing face of retail, in general.

The Mall is currently undergoing a facelift, getting new concrete overlay and roof repairs, at staggering costs to Simon group. They recognize the Mall has to attract back old friends and make a few new ones, as well.

Crime at C-III is the lowest amongst all the PGH-area malls and even with the reputation we have as being "ghetto", I see the vast amount of shoppers still to be white, and middle class. So I think C-III gets a bad rap on that account, but you have to also admit, that poorer minority shoppers also deserve to have somewhere to shop, so the race card doesn't float, in my river... money is all greeeeeeeeeen!!!

Stop out over the holidays, get some great deals, and see how wrong people have been about C-III....

Hopefully, some of you will be in those categories!!!!
I don't have a problem with the way the mall looks or it's parking areas. What I Do take issue to is that it has a very poor selection of stores. At least for "me." But on the other hand, it's a wonderful mall to service those who can't afford to shop elsewhere. Especially for younger people. Other than Macy's (which tends to carry it's lower rated brands at this particular store) there are virtually no stores for a woman older than 21.

If I were to shop there, my choices would be; JCPenney, Sears or a crappy Macy's. To me, it' snot worth the trip to go there. And because of the selection of stores, one can easily see WHY the "juggalos" and other groups of bored teens hang out there. The mall is servicing those types of customers.

Here's a list of the stores that are listed on their website. It looks to me like it's the perfect place for young teen moms to hang out!
Century 3 Mall

Old 10-02-2008, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I have a friend who lives in Clairton, and every so often we'll meet at Century III. I always found the parking lot really confusing with the upper decks and the lower decks, and I always found it difficult to get back to 51 from parts of the parking lot. The mall itself is kind of big and empty.

Where I'm from in Ohio most of the shopping centers are easily accessible from highways, and here in Western PA, that's rarely the case, except for places like Robinson and Monroeville.
At least Robinson and Monroeville have decent stores!

Old 10-03-2008, 01:53 AM

15,632 posts, read 26,122,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by By~Tor View Post
....and the carpet is the same, today.... just extracted it for ther 1st time in 5 years, last Thursday night/.....
From one janitor to another -- Dude -- you just grossed me out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh