Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2008, 07:08 AM

803 posts, read 2,969,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by londonbarcelona View Post
I don't have a problem with the way the mall looks or it's parking areas. What I Do take issue to is that it has a very poor selection of stores. At least for "me." But on the other hand, it's a wonderful mall to service those who can't afford to shop elsewhere. Especially for younger people. Other than Macy's (which tends to carry it's lower rated brands at this particular store) there are virtually no stores for a woman older than 21.

If I were to shop there, my choices would be; JCPenney, Sears or a crappy Macy's. To me, it' snot worth the trip to go there. And because of the selection of stores, one can easily see WHY the "juggalos" and other groups of bored teens hang out there. The mall is servicing those types of customers.

Here's a list of the stores that are listed on their website. It looks to me like it's the perfect place for young teen moms to hang out!
Century 3 Mall
The tenants I speak with all complain about the high rent they pay. that, and the proximity of the mall, proper, to highway 51, seem to make the decision for stores to locate elsewhere... if Simon would either lower rents and bring in special events to drive new traffic, I think they could solve the issue fairly quickly. But, until they do that, the only stores that WILL occupy spaces there are stalwarts like the three anchors you mentioned, and the "new style" stores that the kids seem to like best. In a way, Simon IS marketing to its clientele, believe it or not....

Note: We also count Dick's Sporting goods and Steve & Barrys as anchor stores.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2008, 12:50 PM

3 posts, read 9,407 times
UPMC has bought Century three mall and will tear down and build a new muti plex med center everything is pretty much gone at century three mall and the rest will be gone by summer of 2009 and the destruction of the mall will be around August 2009 The reason is that the South Hills is steady declining and the Mall its self is in real bad shape with The Mall At Robinson and The Pittsburgh Mills Mall Century three was already doomed So The Mall will Close and alil more info Parkway Center will be gone by Fall Of 2009 that mall is slowly sinking into the ground.If you go into Kmart look on the ground the big steel plates on the floor are covering a big crack from the floor this mall is no longer safe in my mind you can feel the ground shake when a rig drives by and this was a 3 level mall now its a one level mall. with only K-Mart The Sports Deli and Phantom Of The Attic So The South Hills Of Pittsburgh will lose two malls Century 3 and Parkway Center Mall

Old 12-18-2008, 12:58 PM

911 posts, read 2,374,583 times
upmc century 3? upmc jefferson?
how bout upmc monopoly

just like they bought palace inn to make upmc monroeville
to squeeze out forbes regional

i guess since upmc cant buy jefferson hospital they will build a upmc hospital next to it to squeeze them out

all the money they saved laying people off
now they can build another pointless hospital

Old 12-18-2008, 03:45 PM
igo

39 posts, read 134,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcityjerseys View Post
UPMC has bought Century three mall and will tear down and build a new muti plex med center everything is pretty much gone at century three mall and the rest will be gone by summer of 2009 and the destruction of the mall will be around August 2009...
Is this for real. Do you have a web link to this story?

Old 12-18-2008, 04:22 PM

22,556 posts, read 47,605,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcityjerseys View Post
UPMC has bought Century three mall and will tear down and build a new muti plex med center everything is pretty much gone at century three mall and the rest will be gone by summer of 2009 and the destruction of the mall will be around August 2009l

C'mon!

You just can't sign up and throw out something like that as your first post without citing your source....

There IS a source, right?

Old 12-18-2008, 09:03 PM

370 posts, read 1,015,819 times
Steel City Jerseys

I wonder if this is one of the crappy vendors in Century III. The one on the first floor near the Arcade-ish?

Either way, I wouldn't believe a word of any of that. By~Tor has been saying that Century III will be there for a while

Old 12-18-2008, 10:04 PM

3 posts, read 9,407 times
I can't give my source but its from a UPMC Spokes person Its For real

Old 12-19-2008, 06:04 AM

911 posts, read 2,374,583 times
i was out century 3 last night
what a shame about that place
so many empty storefronts
i remember when i was a kid every store was full and the food court had a bunch of places to eat

and around chrismas time you could barely find a place to park
last night i parked in the second row on the top floor of sears

and dammit
gorant chocolates is a friggin shoe store now

Old 12-19-2008, 10:35 AM

370 posts, read 1,015,819 times
At least Mrs. Fields is still there. And I still use their arcade because I'm a little baby.

Anyone remember when they had a VIRTUAL ARCADE in the mall? And I think it cost a asinine amount of money. And you got to play fun games such as "swat the flies" and stuff?

Old 12-19-2008, 10:21 PM

3,131 posts, read 9,370,444 times
What's the word on the skating/hockey rink going in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh