Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2008, 08:56 AM

803 posts, read 2,970,061 times

Advertisements

Bear in mind, I'm still home, recovering from the aneurysm & stroke, so I'm woefully out of the loop as far as what's gone on the past month or so, but in talking with the Mall Manager, there is NO PROOF WHATSOEVER that the mall has been purchased... although Simon has had it on the sales block for about 4 years now, already... there IS NO "professional plaza" in the works as of right now... but if any of that changes, I'll be sure to inform... I go back to work 1/15 or so....

As for the Christmas season, the parking lot has been packed to the rafters each and every weekend day since T-Giving... I've been out there a couple times to touch base with co-workers, and I've had to park in no parking areas...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2008, 09:15 AM

370 posts, read 1,016,207 times
Keep us updated on anything you find out, man. Thank God for your information or else EVERYONE would be saying they heard from "official" sources that the mall is going to be bought by someone or other and razed.

As far as parking..
I've been there 3 times (in the past 3 weeks) and each time easily found a spot two or three spots away from my favorite entrances (around the food court)

Old 12-22-2008, 09:22 AM

911 posts, read 2,375,312 times
i went there on saturday morning around 11am
the parking lot was a little fuller than thursday night but not packed
i parked at dick's and was only about 4 or 5 spaces in from the door
i remember back in the day the parking lot was at max capacity for the whole holiday season and pretty full year round and that was when the upper parking level was open. that was full too

Old 12-22-2008, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrian12 View Post
i went there on saturday morning around 11am
the parking lot was a little fuller than thursday night but not packed
i parked at dick's and was only about 4 or 5 spaces in from the door
i remember back in the day the parking lot was at max capacity for the whole holiday season and pretty full year round and that was when the upper parking level was open. that was full too
Do you mean the area by Sears? That's still open..

I only park on that side of the mall though, and always have, so you probably mean the other side..

Old 12-22-2008, 11:21 AM

911 posts, read 2,375,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturdayskids View Post
Do you mean the area by Sears? That's still open..

I only park on that side of the mall though, and always have, so you probably mean the other side..

nope
the other side of the top floor of the parking has been closed for a couple years cause its falling apart

Old 12-22-2008, 08:47 PM

Oh yeah, jeeze I forgot all about that side. I drove on the underside of it a few weeks ago and was creeped out.

Old 12-26-2008, 10:19 AM

Yeah, I always park under the deck over by the Food Court too, but that's mainly because my office is right over there.

The other deck you say is closed because it's falling apart, was actually closed because they wanted to have people park in other areas to put out the image there were more people actually shopping there.. why scatter the cars out, if you can use the visual to your advantage (marketing-wise)???

Old 01-05-2009, 10:27 PM

3 posts, read 9,411 times
Update The End is Near for Century Three Mall As Simon Inc Begin finding new homes for the Stores Such as J.C Pennys will be relocated to The South Hills Village Mall In The Former Boscovs Location Spencers Also will be joining J.C At South Hills Village Mall Rubys Tuesday will be relocated to The Mall At Robinson As UPMC Trying to Push Simon Inc to move stores out ASAP So they can Tear Down the Former Booming Century Three Mall Then they will begin Construction On There new Med Center with Dual Chopper Pad And a State Of Art Cancer research Center.Although the Mall has went down hill and her hay days are gone Ill be sad to see her torn down cause she was part of my child hood but the steady declining South Hills look for many changes coming also set to close is Park way Center Mall And The Mc.Donalds In Mt.Oliver also may close there doors in 2009

Old 01-05-2009, 11:28 PM

Rule 1. Capitalize the first word of a quoted sentence.
Examples: He said, "Treat her as you would your own daughter."
"Look out!" she screamed. "You almost ran into my child."

Rule 2. Capitalize a proper noun.
Example: Golden Gate Bridge

Rule 3. Capitalize a person's title when it precedes the name. Do not capitalize when the title is acting as a description following the name.
Examples: Chairperson Petrov
Ms. Petrov, the chairperson of the company, will address us at noon.

Rule 4. Capitalize the person's title when it follows the name on the address or signature line.
Example:
Sincerely,
Ms. Haines, Chairperson

Old 01-06-2009, 06:12 AM

Thumbs down Rule # 5

RULE # 5:

PLEASE QUOTE YOUR SOURCES WHENEVER SPOUTING OFF WHAT APPEARS TO BE INTERMINABLE BULL****........

Sidenote: If the McDonald's in Mt. Oliver closes it'd be a Godsend!!!!

the damned thing's right across the street from me, and it attracts thugs at all hours of the day or night, and the light from it shines in like the "Kenny Rogers Chicken" light shone in on Kramer's apartment in "Seinfeld"....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh