Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 09:17 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,546,779 times

Advertisements

My favorite place to take in a flick is the Rave Cinemas in the Town of McCandless. However, it's just a matter of time when it gets demolished for the Wal-Mart store. My wife and I are fortunate enough to have flexible schedules so we usually hit the place during the day. And in typical Eddie Haskell fashion we usually sneak in another movie. They have free refills on Coke and popcorn, plus we get the Senior Citizen discount. The last time we were there I filled up both on the way out, my wife was so embarrassed and waited until I left the building. I figure with the discount, seeing 2 movies, and the free refills, I made about 2 bucks. Is this a great country or what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2014, 09:19 AM

2,576 posts, read 3,093,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
My favorite place to take in a flick is the Rave Cinemas in the Town of McCandless. However, it's just a matter of time when it gets demolished for the Wal-Mart store. My wife and I are fortunate enough to have flexible schedules so we usually hit the place during the day. And in typical Eddie Haskell fashion we usually sneak in another movie. They have free refills on Coke and popcorn, plus we get the Senior Citizen discount. The last time we were there I filled up both on the way out, my wife was so embarrassed and waited until I left the building. I figure with the discount, seeing 2 movies, and the free refills, I made about 2 bucks. Is this a great country or what?
You are losing another favorite place? Darn suburbs

Old 07-29-2014, 09:25 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,546,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doo dah View Post
You are losing another favorite place? Darn suburbs
Yeah, used to take Hopes there after Buskey's.

Old 07-29-2014, 09:30 AM

1,445 posts, read 1,972,514 times
That's the last of the awful Showcase Cinemas left in the area, isn't it? The Monroeville and Robinson locations have been gone for a while.

Old 07-29-2014, 09:37 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
I'll miss going to the movies with Copanut!

The North Hills won't have a movie theater. Copanut won't go to Cranberry or Waterworks.

Why can't Walmart build between the movie theater and Trader Horn?

Old 07-29-2014, 09:42 AM

2,109 posts, read 2,159,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I'll miss going to the movies with Copanut!

The North Hills won't have a movie theater. Copanut won't go to Cranberry or Waterworks.

Why can't Walmart build between the movie theater and Trader Horn?
I thought there was a new theater going in near McCandless Crossing. Is that not happening?

Old 07-29-2014, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsStanwix? View Post
I thought there was a new theater going in near McCandless Crossing. Is that not happening?
Thank you for reminding me. I forgot about it.

Old 07-29-2014, 10:24 AM

1,304 posts, read 3,035,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
My understanding is that Walmart is not interested in purchasing any of the property where the Rave Cinemas currently set. It has something to do with its location on the flood plain. The current plan appears to be that Walmart will purchase the properties adjacent to the Rave- including Trader Horn, Brewery Outlet, and the vacant Ballys/Sun Books building on Blazier Drive, plus the adjoining undeveloped acreage, to Ingomar Road. It appears that the major entrance to the proposed Walmart will be near Ingomar Road.

The Rave Cinemas are owned by the same corporation that owns the new Cinemark Theater opening in McCandless Pointe (about 3 miles away). Kind of like "out with the old, and in with the new"- with the Rave being the very old.

Old 07-29-2014, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retiredcoach View Post
My understanding is that Walmart is not interested in purchasing any of the property where the Rave Cinemas currently set. It has something to do with its location on the flood plain. The current plan appears to be that Walmart will purchase the properties adjacent to the Rave- including Trader Horn, Brewery Outlet, and the vacant Ballys/Sun Books building on Blazier Drive, plus the adjoining undeveloped acreage, to Ingomar Road. It appears that the major entrance to the proposed Walmart will be near Ingomar Road.
Nooooooooooooo! Allegheny County will lose its only Trader Horn!

Old 07-29-2014, 12:33 PM

461 posts, read 748,824 times
Is McCandless Township hurting for money? There is a ton of new and hideous development along McKnight Rd where there used to be pleasant fields.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh