Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 05:27 AM

461 posts, read 748,696 times

Advertisements

According to my rain gauges, Brightwood (North Side) received .75 inches and Turtle Creek got .5. Our TC place (actually, it is in Wilkins Township) is on a tiny street with a branch of the crick running along side. I was pretty anxious about it, having watched countless tv news episodes about crick flooding when I was a kid. It was a relief to have no troubles.

Hope that you are enjoying vacation!

e
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
Typing this from North Carolina. How much rain did the 412 receive today?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2014, 05:37 AM

5,652 posts, read 6,986,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Whiz View Post
It looks like there's a window of fair weather to allow the game to get in.
Only a few sprinkles at PNC. Based on all weather reports, that was a surprise.

Good game. Although one of the two the Tiger fans in front of me was annoying, not because he was a Tiger fan, but because of all the possible Tiger jerseys he could have worn, he chose Kirk Gibson's. That was crossing the line :-)

So we talked to the guy with the Cabrera jersey. Nice guy. He even bought a small Jolly Roger for $5 by end of the game.

Old 08-13-2014, 06:06 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,542,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForYourLungsOnly View Post
Lol...there is nothing worse than "I seen"
yeah, I hear that one a lot.

Stay away from sinkholes as well. I seen Art Frick from Turtle Crick get stuck in one.

Old 08-14-2014, 06:29 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskink View Post
Only a few sprinkles at PNC. Based on all weather reports, that was a surprise.

Good game. Although one of the two the Tiger fans in front of me was annoying, not because he was a Tiger fan, but because of all the possible Tiger jerseys he could have worn, he chose Kirk Gibson's. That was crossing the line :-)

So we talked to the guy with the Cabrera jersey. Nice guy. He even bought a small Jolly Roger for $5 by end of the game.
Please talk Bob into signing Martin. If you've listened to Huntington lately, the writing is on the wall that Martin isn't getting signed here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh