Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2015, 09:29 PM

2,458 posts, read 4,203,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksburgh View Post
Could it be possible that we're seeing the beginning of a decline in Steelermania for a while?
Yeah, for a few months anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2015, 09:39 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchdigger View Post
Yeah, for a few months anyway.
Only if they don't pay Ben...but that loss comes as no surprise. I'm betting Bount is loving it, however, and has already thanked Art, Tomlin and Haley. As of now there's 6 head coaching vacancies and none are interested in Haley, but I hope that changes. Would love to see him as a head coach on an AFC sideline again...but I'm not sure that another offensive coordinator won't be suggested to do the same. I would like to see Art on camera like Jerry Jones is put on camera, especially during/after a loss.

The guy they retired got his team to the same place with a 1st, 2nd, and 4th string Qb. I'm sure he has thanked them, too.

Tomlin will be here as long as he chooses so his arrogance/lack of discipline will continue, but I hope they look back and get the Stillers to where they should/could be.

Last edited by erieguy; 01-03-2015 at 10:39 PM..

Old 01-03-2015, 11:05 PM

7 posts, read 7,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Only if they don't pay Ben...but that loss comes as no surprise. I'm betting Bount is loving it, however, and has already thanked Art, Tomlin and Haley. As of now there's 6 head coaching vacancies and none are interested in Haley, but I hope that changes. Would love to see him as a head coach on an AFC sideline again...but I'm not sure that another offensive coordinator won't be suggested to do the same. I would like to see Art on camera like Jerry Jones is put on camera, especially during/after a loss.

The guy they retired got his team to the same place with a 1st, 2nd, and 4th string Qb. I'm sure he has thanked them, too.

Tomlin will be here as long as he chooses so his arrogance/lack of discipline will continue, but I hope they look back and get the Stillers to where they should/could be.
I think ben is still one of the best qbs in the league. Not having bell hurt bad. His pass blocking helped the oline and his receiving ability made brown better. Antonio had 123 catches but a lot of it was due to bells threat. Brown had one big catch, but was a non factor most of the game. Heath miller is washed up.

Troy, harrison and kiesel do not belong on the roster next year. Old and washed up. The defense was lousy most of the year. The coaching staff needs to change, but it wont.

Old 01-03-2015, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickHealy1 View Post
I think ben is still one of the best qbs in the league. Not having bell hurt bad. His pass blocking helped the oline and his receiving ability made brown better. Antonio had 123 catches but a lot of it was due to bells threat. Brown had one big catch, but was a non factor most of the game. Heath miller is washed up.

Troy, harrison and kiesel do not belong on the roster next year. Old and washed up. The defense was lousy most of the year. The coaching staff needs to change, but it wont.
That's reality but Heath can play another year. Everybody "in the know" knew Bell was getting "run into the ground" but they kept doing it. I HAVE NO DOUBT THAT WHEN BLOUNT WALKED OFF THAT FIELD THAT HE KNEW HE WAS GOING BACK TO NEW ENGLAND.

Taking Bell's running AND receiving out of the game was huge. I'm sure the Ravens were laughing with everybody else "in the know" when they came out using Tate. When that happened it was "all systems go" for the Ravens defensive line. When Harris and Archer made appearances Suggs was just licking his chops. Continually putting Miller on Suggs was also bush league play calling. On his best day he can't block him.

And without Troy, Kiesel, and Miller there's all but no discipline. No idea where that's gonna come from.

Yeah, unless reality sets in the current staff won't sniff a Super Bowl.

Last edited by erieguy; 01-04-2015 at 12:22 AM..

Old 01-04-2015, 12:38 AM

147 posts, read 182,835 times
Haley deserves a raise.

Old 01-04-2015, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
Haley deserves a raise.
Agreed. I hope the Jets hire him and give him that raise. Jones at Qb and Archer at Rb.

Last edited by erieguy; 01-04-2015 at 01:17 AM..

Old 01-04-2015, 03:49 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,738,907 times
Quote:
Agreed. I hope the Jets hire him and give him that raise. Jones at Qb and Archer at Rb.
If you're going to criticize him for those draft picks, then you should also praise him for drafting David DeCastro, Kelvin Beachum, Le'Veon Bell and Martavis Bryant.

Old 01-04-2015, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
If you're going to criticize him for those draft picks, then you should also praise him for drafting David DeCastro, Kelvin Beachum, Le'Veon Bell and Martavis Bryant.
If they were solely his picks I'd be happy to, however, they weren't...but Archer was, and I don't doubt Jones was.

Old 01-05-2015, 05:46 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,053,234 times
Quote:
If they were solely his picks I'd be happy to, however, they weren't...but Archer was, and I don't doubt Jones was.
What is your point about Archer? Good pick? Bad pick? I took a liking to this feisty little guy (and did you see his head snap back when he took that hit? ouch) and I hope he develops into a good player.

I havent read all the new posts in this thread. That game...just was painful to watch. I mean, literally. They physically beat the heck out of the Steelers. I am done with prognostication on football.

Old 01-05-2015, 08:53 AM

2,094 posts, read 1,925,699 times
I thought it was a horrible game plan. Lets try and run early. Five of the first first downs and they run. I mean just once come out and attack downfield, especially without Bell. You know you need to score 30 with this horrible defense. Keep an extra blocker in on Suggs and push it. Pass 60 times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh