Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 06:39 PM

10,227 posts, read 16,817,249 times

Advertisements

Was primantis ever good or was it always the way it is today?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2014, 06:43 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pman View Post
Always been good. That's why it's still so popular and successful today. You may not like it but you can't argue it's success and popularity.

Old 10-26-2014, 07:13 PM

5,652 posts, read 6,986,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
Definitely true in some cases. I could not even find Krakus Polish Ham when in KC. At least I can find that in Indy. When I lived in the Twin Cities at least I could find most everything I needed. Not sure about Cincy yet since I have only visited one local supermarket a few blocks from the house I bought.

I'm originally from Connecticut and you can find virtually anything that you can think of eating somewhere in one of the cities in the state. And since the entire state is only 5,000 square miles (same size as many metro areas in the country) but 3.5 million people living in the state you do have access to a variety of specialty food stores as well as major supermarkets.

From what I've seen of Pittsburgh it too has a ton of specialty stores to go with the two or three big chains. And they do seem to be well stocked.

Yeah, all those Poles living in these parts and yet I can't buy a bottle of Zu vodka.

Next time you're back in CT or NY, pick me up a couple of bottles. Stew's has it.

Old 10-26-2014, 07:18 PM

5,652 posts, read 6,986,182 times
Quote:
It appeals to the populace. Doesn't matter if it's good or not. It simply has that certain yinz ne sais quoi.

Lots of "good" places go by the wayside. Lots of bad chains have lines out the door. You pay your money, you leave full, feel you got value and don't get sick, that's the bar. At least it's local.

Old 10-26-2014, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskink View Post
It appeals to the populace. Doesn't matter if it's good or not. It simply has that certain yinz ne sais quoi.

Lots of "good" places go by the wayside. Lots of bad chains have lines out the door. You pay your money, you leave full, feel you got value and don't get sick, that's the bar. At least it's local.
Primanti's has gone/is going nationwide. No restaurant survives and thrives if it's not good to a majority...but I'm sure your future pizza business can give Primanti's a run for its money. When does it open?

Old 10-26-2014, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskink View Post
Yeah, all those Poles living in these parts and yet I can't buy a bottle of Zu vodka.

Next time you're back in CT or NY, pick me up a couple of bottles. Stew's has it.
Buy online and have it shipped to your door.

Old 10-27-2014, 06:32 AM

373 posts, read 378,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecarebear View Post
Ok, well, it is common from the PA German and Swiss I am related to and know. As I said, fries on anything can be found throughout Central PA and it isn't a new thing that has come about in the past 20 years.
Dunno about German or Swiss but the Belgians have the mitraillette: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitraillette

There are some really great pictures of them with a simple google image search. I want one Not sure how long they've been around there though.

Old 10-27-2014, 09:16 AM

1,183 posts, read 2,145,461 times
Chip butty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 10-27-2014, 09:49 AM

2,576 posts, read 3,092,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steindle View Post
Nah, that is a sandwich with just fries! And brown sauce. I think. Where is UKYank?

Old 10-27-2014, 10:45 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,969,691 times
Quote:
I wouldn't say it is bad. You have to get corned beef, pastrami or something like that, not that horrible cheesesteak that should't be on the menu. That is gross! It was meant to be eaten on the go for truckers and a meal between two slices of bread. The key is the coleslaw. It is more vinegar based and not sweet. If you get that part right the rest is easy to make.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh