Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 08:51 AM

6,601 posts, read 8,976,499 times

Advertisements

I've been commuting to Cranberry occasionally for a work project and I've noticed lots of back ups inbound around Camp Horne Road and back for a couple miles. I'm not sure if it stays that way all the way to downtown or not. It's not a dead stop, but it's definitely a slow roll -- similar to what I've seen inbound before the Squirrel Hill Tunnel. Before this year I had never seen that -- I wonder if the North Hills are finally beginning to reach the Parkway North's capacity for the morning rush.

I still think it's better than coming from the south or east by car, but the car commuting advantage the North Hills have seems to be narrowing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2014, 11:22 AM

2,401 posts, read 2,100,664 times
I'd take the NH commute over the tunnel of despair going to points South and West all day every day.

Old 11-20-2014, 12:42 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,586,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferraris View Post
I've been commuting to Cranberry occasionally for a work project and I've noticed lots of back ups inbound around Camp Horne Road and back for a couple miles. I'm not sure if it stays that way all the way to downtown or not. It's not a dead stop, but it's definitely a slow roll -- similar to what I've seen inbound before the Squirrel Hill Tunnel. Before this year I had never seen that -- I wonder if the North Hills are finally beginning to reach the Parkway North's capacity for the morning rush.

I still think it's better than coming from the south or east by car, but the car commuting advantage the North Hills have seems to be narrowing.
I've noticed this too. I'm typically off Tuesdays, and about one Tuesday every month or two I'll hoof it up to Erie for a day-trip because Erie has now become one of my favorite small cities to visit (ducks flying stilettos). During the AM rush I see I-279 inbound VERY backed up for miles, so I'm not quite certain why everyone is saying there's no traffic in the North Hills.

Old 11-21-2014, 09:23 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,730,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlander77 View Post
I know I'm beating the dead horse. As some may remember I mentioned I'm in the housing market. Based on commute times into the city, is it worse/longer driving in from the South(Mt. leb, bethel, dormont) or North(ross twn, cranberry, etc)? I hope to gain objective points of view based on people's actual experiences!
To answer this question, I need to know if you'd prefer an appointment with a masseuse or a dentist. If you prefer a masseuse, commute into the city from the north. If you prefer a dentist, commute into the city from the south.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
View detailed profiles of: