Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 01:14 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times

Advertisements

So who will be at the protest?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2014, 01:15 PM

6,782 posts, read 9,592,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
It is attitudes like yours why we have crime problems.
I am remarkably lax about enforcing laws on cigarette taxes. Plus, I kidnapped the Lindbergh baby.

4,994 posts, read 1,991,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Teen Carl View Post
There is a large probability that you broke several laws today alone.

There is also a large probability if I am confronted by a police officer I am going to do exactly what he tells me to. I know I did not rob anyone and I did not resist arrest today or any day.

1,584 posts, read 2,094,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
When you decide to engage in illegal activity in which you will likely interact (& then resist) an armed officer (or even shopkeeper) you should be cognizant that you may not survive as a result & might want to choose against said illegal activity like the vast majority of people do and then you'll never find yourself in such a predicament.
That's great..except many of those "facts" used to create your morally superior clarity are very dubious if not outright inaccurate:

KU Journalism Major Shreds “Case” Against Mike Brown | Kansas Exposed

Provides a clear narrative though.

Old 12-05-2014, 01:16 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Hick View Post
I am remarkably lax about enforcing laws on cigarette taxes. Plus, I kidnapped the Lindbergh baby.
So you'll be there supporting the cause?

Old 12-05-2014, 01:16 PM

5,894 posts, read 6,881,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Teen Carl View Post
In America:

It is ok to disagree with the protestors.

It is ok to believe in private property laws.

It is not ok to condone an on the spot death sentence without a jury trial.

Also see above as to how easy it is to become a criminal in modern America. There is a large probability that you broke several laws today alone.
We're not talking about an execution we're talking about someone who got into a struggle with the police & in the case of Mr Brown tried to commandeer his service pistol. Should the police never be able to use deadly force ever? Because ever single time an officer do so they are doing such without a jury trial.

There are much larger problems in the world then for me to care about criminals who end up being shot

Old 12-05-2014, 01:19 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,313,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Hick View Post
The grand jury was directed by the local prosecutor who works with the police on a daily basis and has to work with them in the future. There's nobody with any incentive to actually present the case against the police. Among the reforms being called for (generally, I don't know what this specific group wants) is the use of a special prosecutor when the accused is a police officer. This strikes me as being the barest minimum plausible reform.
So do you have evidence that shows that this officer should have been indicted? If so, what is it?

Old 12-05-2014, 01:19 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,991,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
We're not talking about an execution we're talking about someone who got into a struggle with the police & in the case of Mr Brown tried to commandeer his service pistol. Should the police never be able to use deadly force ever? Because ever single time an officer do so they are doing such without a jury trial.

Deadly force was only used in one of these cases. In the other an obese criminal got into a struggle with police and his body was not able to handle it. Not much different than the occasional high school athlete who dies during a game. What the police did would not have been lethal to very many people his age.

Old 12-05-2014, 01:20 PM

281 posts, read 340,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
One of my drivers was delayed the other evening due to the protesters shutting down Fifth Avenue in Oakland. We don't receive an hourly wage. We're paid by the order. This delay caused him to do one fewer order than he otherwise would have done, and he took a hit to the pocketbook so some "activists" could revolt against the police. Are the protesters going to band together to donate money to him for the income they cost him?

I too was delayed by the protestors in that same traffic mess, heading from one workplace to another. When I learned later what the traffic jam was about, I was glad.

Being dead is the ultimate inconvenience.

Old 12-05-2014, 01:21 PM

6,782 posts, read 9,592,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
So do you have evidence that shows that this officer should have been indicted? If so, what is it?
The medical examiner's report says his death was a homicide caused by the police officers. The video shows that the police officer used a hold that was prohibited. That's enough for an indictment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh