Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 01:55 PM

2,218 posts, read 1,945,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Again, funny stuff. Hasnt happened in 20+ years combined that I've been out of the city and county and the county has been 15+.

Funny thing after these hilarious suggestions is that when I moved out of the city, and then out of the County, and even after quite a few address changes, I never had to have Pittsburgh taken off my birth certificate.
Why did you leave a place you love so much that you continue to claim to live there even when you don't? That makes no sense to me. Don't you have any pride in where you live now? You're a resident of CRANBERRY. Scream it from the hills! Whisper it in the holler! It's nothing to be ashamed of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2015, 01:56 PM

4,240 posts, read 4,919,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merge View Post
Why did you leave a place you love so much that you continue to claim to live there even when you don't? That makes no sense to me. Don't you have any pride in where you live now? You're from CRANBERRY. Scream it from the hills! Whisper it in the holler! It's nothing to be ashamed of.
Yup because most people from Seattle know where Cranberry, PA is; or what a Township is at all. Dude get over it; Cranberry is part of the urban area that is centered around Pittsburgh.

Old 04-07-2015, 01:59 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Why did you leave a place you love so much that you continue to claim to live there even when you don't? That makes no sense to me. Don't you have any pride in where you live now? You're a resident of CRANBERRY. Scream it from the hills! Whisper it in the holler! It's nothing to be ashamed of.
Lol. My reason for leaving the City and County have been stated throughout threads, including this one.

When I talk to people who know where Cranberry is, like every time it may come up if/when I'm in the city I say Cranberry. For those that don't know where that is when I'm out of County or state, I say Pittsburgh.

I wouldn't pride myself in paying more to get less. That makes zero sense when the grass is much greener a foot across the County line.

Old 04-07-2015, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speagles84 View Post
Yup because most people from Seattle know where Cranberry, PA is; or what a Township is at all. Dude get over it; Cranberry is part of the urban area that is centered around Pittsburgh.
It's OK, "dude"... calm down, this isn't a Seattle forum. People here know what we're talking about. It's OK to discuss the entire region... even exurbs like Cranberry.

Old 04-07-2015, 02:33 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,894,540 times
Quote:
It's OK to discuss the entire region... even exurbs like Cranberry.
But 94 posts in, is it really all that interesting to anyone other than you and erie guy?

Old 04-07-2015, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
But by this point in the thread, is it really all that interesting to anyone, other than you and erie guy?
Fair point, Jay. I think you're right.

Old 04-07-2015, 03:00 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,546,779 times
Seriously, everyone should move to McCandless, we're getting a new Wal-Mart.

Old 04-07-2015, 03:03 PM

Location: Just East of the Southern Portion of the Western Part of PA
1,272 posts, read 3,707,961 times
I prefer the soul of Wexford, the McKnight Corridor, and Robinson. The strip malls seem to be so much more authentic and trendy there. I like to walk down McKnight Rd with my fam and go into all of the quaint mom and pop shops...

Old 04-07-2015, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Seriously, everyone should move to McCandless, we're getting a new Wal-Mart.
No thanks. It's 7% tax

Old 04-07-2015, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny C View Post
I prefer the soul of Wexford, the McKnight Corridor, and Robinson. The strip malls seem to be so much more authentic and trendy there. I like to walk down McKnight Rd with my fam and go into all of the quaint mom and pop shops...
Lmao.

I remember when there were only 2 stoplights in Wexford and they were about 200 yards apart. One at Rinamin Rd and the other at the northern end of Wexford Plaza. Very few on McKnight, also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh