Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2015, 10:26 PM

14,169 posts, read 22,574,016 times

Advertisements

I figure with all the different business districts in the city of Pittsburgh, and all the malls in the suburbs, maybe there should be a topic dedicated specifically to discussion of retail. Part of what inspired me to do this is the news that Ross Park Mall and The Mall at Robinson will both be adding new stores. Ross Park Mall will add Panera Bread, Hanna Andersson and Zumiez this summer, to go along with Tory Burch and Alter'd State that will be opening very soon. The Mall at Robinson will be adding Charlotte Russe, Bella Vita and Kolor-N-Kiln, as well as a family-owned business in the food court called A Lil' Taste of Chicago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2015, 08:20 AM

697 posts, read 773,244 times
Great thread idea Crazias. I think Ross Park Mall has a good location to draw from the city as well as Cranberry and beyond.
Woo hoo, Nordstrom Rack is confirmed for fall 2016.
The company officially announced today that it plans to put a Nordstrom Rack, one of its off-price stores, at the 470,000-square-foot shopping center to be called The Block Northway.

I do think Nordstrom in Ross Park really started the movement for the higher end retail. And I'm glad the Rack is coming - nice stuff at lower prices.

Old 04-07-2015, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyDaisy View Post
Great thread idea Crazias. I think Ross Park Mall has a good location to draw from the city as well as Cranberry and beyond.
Woo hoo, Nordstrom Rack is confirmed for fall 2016.
The company officially announced today that it plans to put a Nordstrom Rack, one of its off-price stores, at the 470,000-square-foot shopping center to be called The Block Northway.

I do think Nordstrom in Ross Park really started the movement for the higher end retail. And I'm glad the Rack is coming - nice stuff at lower prices.
Glad to see Nordstrom Rack making it official. As I've said elsewhere, the opening of Nordstrom at Ross Park Mall unleashed a lot of pent-up demand for upscale shopping, and Pittsburgh is no longer the last major metropolitan area of its size to get new upscale retail options anymore.

Old 04-07-2015, 10:19 AM

4,172 posts, read 2,911,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craziaskowboi View Post
Glad to see Nordstrom Rack making it official. As I've said elsewhere, the opening of Nordstrom at Ross Park Mall unleashed a lot of pent-up demand for upscale shopping, and Pittsburgh is no longer the last major metropolitan area of its size to get new upscale retail options anymore.

YAY!! We no longer have to travel to DC and Dallas for the Nordstrom outlet. My wife prefers the Nordstrom outlet over all others because of the shoe selection.

Old 04-07-2015, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
YAY!! We no longer have to travel to DC and Dallas for the Nordstrom outlet. My wife prefers the Nordstrom outlet over all others because of the shoe selection.
Dallas?

Old 04-07-2015, 01:45 PM

3,733 posts, read 5,928,590 times
Didn't I see a rendering somewhere that included some type of Neiman Marcus outlet in that development, too?

Old 04-07-2015, 03:54 PM

419 posts, read 442,810 times
I guess this is all good news if it blows your dress up. I won't be shopping at most of these places because I'm not waiflike. A lot of these places consider an XL male shirt to fit a man that weighs no more than 150 pounds. I'm about one hundred pounds heavier than that. I'm not turning vegan just so I can fit into an overpriced garment made in Asia. It does show that the region is growing and retailers see a population with the income that can afford to shop and max out the credit card. So as a whole it good news, just not geared towards me personally.

Old 04-08-2015, 08:23 PM

4,172 posts, read 2,911,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craziaskowboi View Post
Dallas?
Lol. We travel to Dallas to visit family. We enjoy the shopping while there.

I looked up the Container Store. I looks like Ikea type stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh