Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 10:38 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJFathead View Post
We're buying a historic building in which we're converting office space to a restaurant. I realize there are going to be some setbacks and difficulties with getting permits from Pittsburgh administration. It seems as though Peduto's administration wants to make changes to these processes to make things move faster, but they also seemingly have a long way to go. I plan on reaching out to the Urban Redevelopment Authority and some specific people in the government including Henry Pyatt (small business and redevelopment manager), but I was wondering if anyone has any tips on who to contact and what to do to get started and streamline this process. We're basically putting up all the money we have to get the business started, so I'm trying to be up and running as soon as possible so I can actually start paying myself. We're also looking into applying for historic restoration grants. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Hire someone who has actual restaurant operation experience. The bolded tells me you don't have much experience yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2015, 11:12 AM

338 posts, read 446,983 times
What Neighborhood if you do not mind me asking?

Old 05-18-2015, 11:28 AM

35 posts, read 34,476 times
Southside, on Carson.

Old 05-18-2015, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Hire someone who has actual restaurant operation experience. The bolded tells me you don't have much experience yourself.
I've been running these stores for three years. Not saying that's a ton of experience, but I know what I'm doing.

Old 05-21-2015, 08:57 AM

440 posts, read 549,681 times
Are you able to give us any previews of what we can be expected, in the soon to be future.. Always great to the inside scoop on new places

Old 05-21-2015, 08:54 PM

We do 28 inch pizzas, so we sell mostly by the slice. Inspired by hole in the wall places in north jersey/nyc. We'll be open until 3 am and usually are in college towns/bar neighborhoods. The owner of the first stores is my cousin, we're both from north jersey. I helped him run stores in Virginia for the past few years. The menu is just pizza.

Old 05-21-2015, 09:12 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Great luck to you! Always interested in trying another pizza shop.

Old 05-23-2015, 12:03 PM

440 posts, read 549,681 times
Quote:
We do 28 inch pizzas, so we sell mostly by the slice. Inspired by hole in the wall places in north jersey/nyc. We'll be open until 3 am and usually are in college towns/bar neighborhoods. The owner of the first stores is my cousin, we're both from north jersey. I helped him run stores in Virginia for the past few years. The menu is just pizza.

Wish you the best of Luck!! Not many quality Pizza by the Slice options in the city ( especially now with no more Pizza Sola) ... For whatever reason Pizza joints in PIttsburgh that actually do serve pizza by the slice, is either tiny or tastes NOTHING like their regular pie.

Old 05-23-2015, 05:11 PM

5,652 posts, read 6,987,846 times
Quote:
Hard to lose money around here on pizza, especially if you're doing something different. Nothing like a good old folding slice!

Old 05-24-2015, 06:42 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,260,125 times
Quote:
Southside, on Carson.
You should think about getting a liquor license. The South Side needs someplace that residents and visitors alike can wet their whistles on a silver bullet or other quality brews.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
View detailed profiles of: