Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 03:28 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,900,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beavischipolte View Post
A certain segment of the population (26%) commits upwards of 80% of all homicides but you are not permitted to mention this.

A certain segment of the population has a huge out of wedlock birth rate (75%) with no father around but you are not permitted to mention this.

A certain segment of the population allows their children to run wild like a pack of rabid dogs and engage in flash mob crimes but you are not permitted to mention this.

The PC police have spoken.
Not that anything else in your post had any merit, but the bolded portion nullifies any pretense of objectivity or lack of bias you may have claimed.

You know who has high rates of children born out of wedlock, and commit a disproportionate percentage of violent crimes? The poor. A thinker might ask what factors contribute to these horrible conditions. A simpleton would just look at the faces of the poor and draw assumptions from there. I think I know which camp you fall into.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2015, 03:29 PM

1,044 posts, read 2,210,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeo View Post
I think the more fascinating aspect is that there are people who do nothing but listen to police scanners
+1

Guilty as charged! I retired around 40, so plenty of time to listen and relax. LOL.

Old 07-06-2015, 09:28 PM

38 posts, read 28,513 times
gladhands

You state that nothing in my post had merit......a statement that is actually quite common when uttered by people like yourself. That is, people who have an agenda and who go into convulsions when anyone brings up uncomfortable (but real) facts that reflect poorly on your chosen idea or person(s).

Grow up.

Old 07-06-2015, 10:35 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,900,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beavischipolte View Post
gladhands

You state that nothing in my post had merit......a statement that is actually quite common when uttered by people like yourself. That is, people who have an agenda and who go into convulsions when anyone brings up uncomfortable (but real) facts that reflect poorly on your chosen idea or person(s).

Grow up.
People like myself? I'm assuming you mean thoughtful, educated people who use things like context and reason as opposed to regurgitating shallow (and hollow) statistics. You are the worst kind of racist; the kind who lacks the courage of his convictions, afraid to explicitly state his beliefs. I'm done engaging with you because nothing I type will ever change your mind. You aren't concerned with facts, only talking points.

Old 07-06-2015, 11:09 PM

3,298 posts, read 3,857,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrowmint View Post
Either way, the attempted hysteria over this that night and the morning after was completely misplaced,
Depends. I know mothers with children that refuse to go to the park unless it is early in the day and during the week. I am not so sure they would want to even go to Kennywood after this shooting.

Old 07-06-2015, 11:38 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,783,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecarebear View Post
Depends. I know mothers with children that refuse to go to the park unless it is early in the day and during the week. I am not so sure they would want to even go to Kennywood after this shooting.
This is now one of a few shootings there, so to be honest, I don't have much of a desire to go there much anymore. Seems the hood has taken it over to some degree, so why bother? Getting too old to deal with the intercity garbage that is always going on and always will. Sort of what happened to the South Side. Too many hoods for me. No thanks. It was fun at one time though. I was a lucky man to enjoy Kennywood as a family park and the South Side and a really fun night out. The old saying, "all good things must come to an end" is pretty much true. Both places had a good run though. They lasted much longer than the East Hill Shopping Center that had a really nice Gimbels and Kaufmans. Oh well to it all. Enjoy the wonderful night.

Old 07-07-2015, 07:35 AM

373 posts, read 375,584 times
I'm supposed to go to Kennywood on Thursday with my girlfriend but the bulletproof vest I ordered isn't coming in until at least Friday. Help! What should I do? We really wanted to ride the Kangaroo and the Turtles but I'm afraid we'll be executed gangland style if we don't come properly prepared.

Old 07-07-2015, 10:28 AM

32,606 posts, read 77,287,663 times
Edgewood Towne Centre has had at least two high-profile shootings in the past few years, and every time I do a drive by (see what I did there?!) it's packed. I'm sure Kennywood will be fine.

Old 07-07-2015, 11:25 AM

1,044 posts, read 2,210,012 times
Good reading;

Police continue to investigate origin of bullet that injured woman at Kennywood | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Old 07-07-2015, 01:40 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,048,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
Edgewood Towne Centre has had at least two high-profile shootings in the past few years, and every time I do a drive by (see what I did there?!) it's packed. I'm sure Kennywood will be fine.

I don't know how high-profile a shooing can be when one idiot shoots at another one, but you are right, it hasn't really hurt business there. I can't understand how these problems have started at the same store, and management hasn't canceled their lease yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh