Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2015, 10:36 AM

5 posts, read 54,921 times

Advertisements

So it looks like we will be able to be married at Allegheny County Courthouse after all. We had intended for it to be just the two of us, but it seems that our immediate family members really want to witness the ceremony, so we may have about 10 people total.

We were thinking of going out for lunch after and I'm looking for suggestions. We would want somewhere that isn't extremely fancy, but still nice. We will be dressed up, not in full-on wedding attire, but a dress and shirt/tie. But our guests will probably be dressed more like business casual or casual.

Downtown would be convenient, but we aren't limiting it to that if there are better options in other areas of the city. We will also be traveling south afterwards to go away for a couple of nights, so I guess we would prefer not to go anywhere too far north of the city.

Lastly, I guess we would want to try to spend somewhere around $200 or so? Is that reasonable for lunch for 10 people at some place that meets the above criteria?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2015, 10:58 AM

598 posts, read 748,081 times
Lot's of good lunch places downtown along Penn Ave.

Six Penn kitchen, Bravo Franco, Nine on nine, Sharp Edge Bistro, Eleven.

Old 06-02-2015, 11:03 AM

4,359 posts, read 7,529,977 times
The place in the new Kimpton Hotel is pretty neat. However, it may be above your budget.

Pittsburgh Restaurants - The Commoner | Hotel Monaco Pittsburgh

I recommend this since it is sort of close to the Courthouse. Also, you could always eat in the William Penn Hotel which is also close.

Old 06-02-2015, 11:05 AM

9,150 posts, read 10,892,991 times
My favorite not-too-expensive restaurant, Legends of the North Shore, which specializes in the best Italian-American food I have eaten in Pgh, might be just right. It's right next to Allegheny General Hospital, and parking has never been an issue. http://www.legendsatthenorthshore.com/#!/page_lunch

You might enjoy The Porch at Schenley if you're getting married when schools are out, as it's right near Pitt (between the libraries). The Porch at Schenley | Serving Pittsburgh's Oakland Neighborhood

If pizza would do -- good pizza -- try Pizza Taglio in East Liberty, though parking there can be a PITA for a bunch of cars arriving simultaneously. https://www.facebook.com/tagliopgh

Last edited by jay5835; 06-02-2015 at 11:16 AM..

Old 06-02-2015, 11:08 AM

6,601 posts, read 8,981,085 times
Bistro Soul (E. Ohio street) has great food and I think it would be right around the max for your price range. The big plus is that you could try to reserve their private room.

Old 06-02-2015, 11:28 AM

2,576 posts, read 3,093,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arvay44 View Post
So it looks like we will be able to be married at Allegheny County Courthouse after all. We had intended for it to be just the two of us, but it seems that our immediate family members really want to witness the ceremony, so we may have about 10 people total.

We were thinking of going out for lunch after and I'm looking for suggestions. We would want somewhere that isn't extremely fancy, but still nice. We will be dressed up, not in full-on wedding attire, but a dress and shirt/tie. But our guests will probably be dressed more like business casual or casual.

Downtown would be convenient, but we aren't limiting it to that if there are better options in other areas of the city. We will also be traveling south afterwards to go away for a couple of nights, so I guess we would prefer not to go anywhere too far north of the city.

Lastly, I guess we would want to try to spend somewhere around $200 or so? Is that reasonable for lunch for 10 people at some place that meets the above criteria?
Will you be getting married at the Allegheny County Courthouse on Grant Street, or Pittsburgh Municipal Court on First Avenue - we ended up there because there wasn't anyone available at the County Courthouse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh