Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 10:19 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,727,826 times

Advertisements

25-year job growth trend in the Weirton/Steubenville MSA

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2015, 03:28 AM

3,298 posts, read 3,887,829 times
You have to understand that this board is very Butler County friendly. That explains a lot.

Old 06-29-2015, 07:38 AM

6,782 posts, read 9,588,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecarebear View Post
You have to understand that this board is very Butler County friendly. That explains a lot.
That's different. I know people who move to Butler County.

Old 06-29-2015, 08:23 AM

1,714 posts, read 2,358,013 times
I'm from the area. Lots of my friends and some family live there, so I'd go back for that reason. I can't see it if for someone that doesn't have ties, though. That said, I know lots of people that work in the airport area that have a great commute. I actually drove from there to the North Hills (Warrendale) for quite some time--can't recommend it though. About 50 minutes from where I was.

EDIT--although I can tell you for a fact that I can get from Wintersville to my old apartment on Mt Washington in 42 minutes. That's really not much longer than many of the more "traditional" Pittsburgh suburbs. I think people think it's further than it actually is because of the state line.

Old 06-30-2015, 06:56 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,797,066 times
I think he's talking about the people that built houses right on the border off of 22. I doubt you can pinpoint them to being from one general area but I wager there are some from Washington and Alleg. County. The land and taxes are cheaper and you're still only a half hour from downtown Pittsburgh. Pretty much everything is cheaper in WV and OH, except for car insurance in WV.

Last edited by wanderlust76; 06-30-2015 at 07:06 PM..

Old 07-05-2015, 09:57 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,137,897 times
The nice subdivion on the eastern edge of Weirton is home to local upper income residents (Drs etc)

Old 04-30-2018, 01:18 PM

5,044 posts, read 2,395,706 times
My husband works in Moon and we bought 4miles out of New Cumberland. So it isn't exactly Steubenville but I am sure we are pretty much a-typical of the demographic that buys in the northern panhandle. Considered buying north near Beaver Falls but didn't like being that close to a nuclear plant.

There are very scenic parts and very nasty industry on the border of both states.

The last air bnb I stayed at in Coraopolis the people were just doing air bnb to be able to afford taxes. $8,000 a year for a pretty nice house but come on, that's absurd. So some people like us came toPittsburgh for job relocations and ended up in WV across the line because it is a financial pin prick to do so and as such less risk should we ever want to leave.

Not sure where people in Pittsburgh that moved are from but presumably work in the Robinson area and you can see the Mcmansions scattered around every golf course (there are a lot of them) near the state border.

I only have spent a tiny period of time in Pittsburgh burbs. It will be less than 3 months by the time I move to WV, however I can't imagine my reasoning is much different than an old hands would be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh