Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 06:15 PM

1,075 posts, read 1,693,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfax View Post
Well now big busy places like Applebee's and Max and Erma's (where I used to work) have curbside carryout, and a full dining room can be upwards of 300 people. They have to have a dedicated person (or three) that is paid to take carryout orders only and that person is responsible for taking the order, placing it with the kitchen, collecting all of the items when they are ready and boxing them up. That person then has to have the order ready at the door to carry to the customer's car. They are usually kept very very busy during peak dining hours. Having been an expediter ,who had to deal with the dine in meals while also trying not to trip over the carry out person, I know just how hard those girls do have to work. A 10% tip is really appreciated and deserved. And as I said before a nice tip is a good way to ensure that in the future you receive their (and the kitchen's) best efforts.
I have never had curbside delivery, and the concept seems silly to me. Unless you are handicapped or have a sleeping infant in the car, I can't imagine not running in and picking up your own order.

On the few occasions where I have ordered take-out from a full service sit down restaurant, I have tipped at least a couple bucks. Since I don't place large orders, this would have worked out to about ten percent.

While waiting tables is good, honest work, I feel that sometimes the effort involved in the task is a bit exaggerated. For example, isn't "taking the order" and "placing the order with the kitchen" one step? In general, food tickets, complete with their substitutions and special requests, are submitted to the kitchen electronically. So, the customer calls, you plug their order into the computer, and the kitchen gets the message. Unless there is a food allergy involved or the customer amends their order after the ticket has already gone through, there is no need to communicate anything directly with the kitchen staff. If it is so taxing for the to-go girl toss the food in a styrofoam container, why not have the kitchen just plate it directly in the to-go box?

Again, I am not arguing that people should not tip. I am just suggesting that people be honest about the realities involved. Sometimes waiters are running around like chickens with their heads chopped off, not because too much is being asked of them, but rather, they are simply not very good at their job. Many waiters feel entitled to a full 20% tip, no matter what, losing sight that the tip is for services rendered. If the waiter does a good job, I tip 20%. It takes a lot for a waiter to fall below 15%, but it has happened once or twice, due to extremely poor service. In a cheap place, like a diner, I tip $5 or 20%, whichever is higher, if I have received good service.

Speaking of to-go boxes, while I do not bring leftovers home, sometimes others in my party do. What is the deal with the trend of waiters, even at upscale restaurants, simply handing the guest an empty to-go box? It seems tacky and awkward to expect the guest to box up his or her own food, especially considering there is rarely much room left on the table after a big meal. Why not clear the plates and box the desired leftovers elsewhere?

Last edited by Kippy; 07-10-2015 at 06:18 PM.. Reason: iPhone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2015, 08:09 AM

717 posts, read 1,058,387 times
Tipping in general is a bizarre practice. Food and drink markups tend to be pretty high (at times astronomical, depending on what you are ordering). You are already paying a high premium for things like containers and napkins and the privilege of having someone else make food for you. Nobody tips people at McDonald's or Chipotle even though they make lousy wages for high stress work that includes taking orders, preparing food, and packaging orders. We simply take it for granted that they are doing the job that they get paid to do, and they have accepted the wages that the employer offered them. Why should other types of food service be any different?

The expectation to tip in some situations but not others strikes me as arbitrary and, frankly, kind of offensive.

Old 07-11-2015, 08:56 AM

3,291 posts, read 2,772,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kippy View Post

Speaking of to-go boxes, while I do not bring leftovers home, sometimes others in my party do. What is the deal with the trend of waiters, even at upscale restaurants, simply handing the guest an empty to-go box? It seems tacky and awkward to expect the guest to box up his or her own food, especially considering there is rarely much room left on the table after a big meal. Why not clear the plates and box the desired leftovers elsewhere?
I actually like this trend, for some reason I was never comfortable with the staff boxing up my half-eaten food.

Old 07-11-2015, 09:35 AM

2,458 posts, read 4,204,019 times
Quote:
We simply take it for granted that they are doing the job that they get paid to
do, and they have accepted the wages that the employer offered them. Why should
other types of food service be any different?
Because in the case of waitstaff at actual sit-down-and-have-somebody-serve-you establishments, the wages they've agreed to can be as little as an hourly wage of $2.13 ($2.83 here in PA), plus whatever they can get in tips.

Essentially the business model of McDonalds and Chipotle accounts for the cost of the labor that goes into handing you the food, while the business model of full service restaurants puts the burden of making a decent living on the server and their ability to make you feel like paying them, without ever discussing their compensation or coming to terms in advance.

Actually, since I just bothered to go in search of the actual rates, I'm surprised there aren't more employers trying to get away with paying less than the normal minimum wage, because the tip threshold to pay the lower hourly rate is $30 in tips per month.

U.S. Department of Labor - Wage & Hour Divisions (WHD) - Minimum Wages for Tipped Employees

Old 07-11-2015, 11:54 AM

1,304 posts, read 3,035,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maroon197 View Post
Tipping in general is a bizarre practice. Food and drink markups tend to be pretty high (at times astronomical, depending on what you are ordering). You are already paying a high premium for things like containers and napkins and the privilege of having someone else make food for you. Nobody tips people at McDonald's or Chipotle even though they make lousy wages for high stress work that includes taking orders, preparing food, and packaging orders. We simply take it for granted that they are doing the job that they get paid to do, and they have accepted the wages that the employer offered them. Why should other types of food service be any different?

The expectation to tip in some situations but not others strikes me as arbitrary and, frankly, kind of offensive.

If the trend continues, I can foresee tip jars appearing in virtually all businesses. It is a very simple way to keep employee costs down. Its a win/win for the employer, too, as the onus of "unfair wages" shifts from him/her to the "lousy cheapskate customers" expecting any level of customer service. I can foresee it soon at my neighborhood Giant Eagle- a tip jar (or an employee with his/her hand out) in each area of the store! Is it that far of a reach to believe that those checking out your groceries, stocking store shelves, boxing your bakery goods, slicing the meats, bringing carts from the parking lot, or just greeting you at the door will not feel as entitled to extra compensation?

Sorry to SCR, and to others, choosing job paths that force you to expect that the store's customer is responsible for paying a significant part of your wages. It is beginning to become real old, real fast.

Old 07-11-2015, 09:33 PM

393 posts, read 306,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
Also, tip your delivery a minimum of $5 for good service. I don't care if you just had a $7.99 meatball sub delivered from Oakland to your office in Bloomfield.
If the meal is like twice that I agree, but not if the meal is $7.99. I would say $3 at most if the service was good. Anyone would be crazy to think they should get a $5 tip for one sandwich in my personal opinion. So if the customer would tip you $3, you would be pissed about it? That's 38% tip. You should be very happy with a $3 tip on one sandwich that was ordered as it comes when you deliver it to me. That would be the VERY MOST I'd tip on something that low and the service has to be OUTSTANDING to tip that much on something that low priced. You want more than half of what the sandwich cost, are you crazy?

Quote:
Tipping $0.80 or $1.60 is insulting when gas prices in Pittsburgh are among the highest in the nation.
When people that are in the service industry say this, it really makes me want to stiff you, because you don't **APPRECIATE*** ANYTHING! When I worked at a donut shop/diner back in 1998-2002 off and on a little over 2yrs worth, yes while I at least made min. wage plus tips, I NEVER ONCE thought **********************ANY************************* ******* amount of tip was insulting, NOT ANY. If someone left their little bit of change for a coffee like 13 cents, I was HAPPY they left me that. Yes this was a long time ago, but come on, even then 13 cents couldn't buy me anything alone, could it?

It just pisses me off that people like you don't appreciate the tip. While driving to bring someone a sandwich would suck getting only $1.60, I would rather that than get completely stiffed. I don't understand why you wouldn't, because if everyone left you an extra $1.60 to for example, to your $5 tip minimum tip standard you wanted, you do realize you'd make a good bit of money extra for every $1.60? If you don't have the $1.60 when you go to the store or McDonald's, you can't purchase that item, they aren't going to let you. So PLEASE STOP acting like you can't appreciate people.

I wouldn't leave that for good service myself, but that's me. I also wouldn't leave $5 on an almost $8 check either. I have left before when I had gone out by myself before at times for really good service on a $14 check for example $6 and $7 tips, but that's because I order a lot of stuff and ask for a lot of things. The thing is though, even if someone leaves you a dollar, that's one more dollar you didn't have before, it's at least something.

Quote:
The same policy goes for dining out. If we're at Ritter's and end up with a sub-$20 tab for breakfast, I still leave a $5 bill as tip for good service.
While my husband and I have done this before, it's ONLY been for good service. That's 25% though, so that's not NEARLY the same as paying 63% on one sandwich(let's say the customer ordered it exactly off the menu).

Do you realize you are asking for over 50% tip on a $7.99 sandwich delivery? Usually most places don't even deliver unless it's like $10 anyways.

This talk is also ONLY for good service. If it's not-so-good service or bad, none of what I said should apply I feel in my personal opinion.

Quote:
I think Pizza Hut charges $2 per delivery, and that DOES go to the driver,
Then you are getting a percentage of almost 50 cents EXTRA if the customer pays 20% from the tip part of the bill. You do realize for every $2.50 at 20%, you just made at least 50 cents more off of the tip by the customer taking that as the total. HOW THE HELL IS THAT FAIR, HUH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchdigger View Post
ESo, if I call ahead and they hand me the meal all bagged up and ready to carry to my car, they get a few bucks.
Honestly the only service that isn't fast food type of service like McDonald's is carrying it to your car part. The calling ahead is not service since you aren't "PHYSICALLY THERE" to receive ANY KIND of service what-so-ever.

I don't get it handed to my car unless I am at Sonic simply because I am just not that lazy. Why not just go in and pick it up. That way I save money by not tipping since I didn't receive any service other than something LESS than a McDonald's worker does for me for no tip.

I feel unless you have a hugely large order or you are getting it delivered to your car (which these both include ONLY if the service was good of course), THEN I'd tip for a take-out order, but ONLY those times. The reason is that typically at McDonald's you aren't going to order 20 items at once, while at a place like Applebee's, you might. Also, the delivering it to your car is to me like delivering it to your house except much closer and you aren't spending your gas money to do it, but are still going through the heat, cold, or rain to do it, so if I get good service, you would get 2 or 3 dollars depending on the order.

I am TRULY NOT UNDERSTANDING the "CALLING" part that you all feel it's tip worthy when you aren't physically there to receive any type of service, so HOW can you all call it "service" if you aren't there, huh?

It would be like me calling a Walmart electronic's department, asking about tv's or cell phones different details about them or the calling plans. Are they getting a tip for ANSWERING QUESTIONS? NO, it's not service. You can ask them all you want. They can't get a tip for that just talking to you on the phone just like the order taker at Domino's is not getting a tip when I get my food delivered to me. The DELIVERY DRIVER IS, WHY? HE is the person serving, NOT the order taker. The order taker is just that, the order taker.

I don't get why you all would EVER consider talking to someone on the phone as ANY KIND OF "TIPPABLE" service when you aren't there to receive a service? I don't care if you talk to them 5-10 minutes, you are at home or wherever, you aren't there, so it's 100% IMPOSSIBLE for that to count as a TIPPABLE service. Just like when you wait for a table, the hostess could be rude or refuse to seat you in the seat you want, so you are going to stiff your server for that? Of course not. WHY? Because the hostess wasn't your server, which wasn't your "SERVICE", isn't that right? If you agree, WHY are you all considering "talking on the phone" to tip for something you aren't PHYSICALLY THERE to receive? I just TRULY don't get that since it's not service. Answering the phone while that is "customer service", it's not a tippable service, it's just like calling your insurance company customer service reps. While they are providing you with info, that's not you tipping them. If no one else gets a tip for doing that action, WHY should ANYONE? Make tipping *FAIR* by tipping FAIRLY to ALL that do the SAME WORK.

Quote:
At minimum it is good practice to leave a 10% tip for a carryout order.
You should get a tip for a to-go order if it's a large order that is 100% correct or you are bringing it to my car that is 100% correct all in a timely fashion(meaning if let's say I saw you didn't even put in my order, then I know it's your fault, but if the kitchen people are still making it, then I won't penalize you).

Why should I pay you to ring me up and hand me a bag? The taking order put was done when I wasn't there over the phone, so that part isn't service. If you do anything like put things in boxes or something like that, all of that was done while I wasn't there, still not service.

Do you tip your delivery driver for the cooks making your food? NO, you tip your delivery driver because THEY delivered the food to you for their trouble and gas cost. So why should anyone care about what has happened while they weren't there as to label these things as service?

Quote:
The server fields many phone all at once and takes your order with a friendly attitude, usually after answering a dozen questions about what is on the menu. Then she has to communicate the information along with all of your changes and substitutions to the kitchen.
All of that is done over the phone while you are not physically at the restaurant just like the order taker you call at your local Papa John's to take your order isn't the person who receives the tip, your delivery driver is. So the taking the order part NO ONE ELSE GETS PAID FOR THAT out of a tip, WHY THE HELL SHOULD ANYONE? HOW IS THAT FAIR OR MORALLY RIGHT TO THINK YOU SHOULD GET PAID FOR THINGS THAT AREN'T IN SERVICE? I don't tip based on the hostess when I dine inside, so WHY should the take-out customer tip based on things prior to even walking inside the restaurant? They aren't receiving service to tip for. You call your store to ask them about prices on something let's say a cell phone store about different plans and phones, do they get a tip for an over the phone customer service conversation? Then WHY THE HELL SHOULD ANYONE? It's NOT FAIR, if they do it for no tip, WHY shouldn't EVERYONE? It's ONLY *******FAIR*******************! What your employer pays you per hour is your issue with that one. I mean you can't expect payment for ZERO SERVICE, CAN YOU REALLY HONESTLY? While it is customer service, it's not restaurant service. As I said before, I won't count off like for real one time the hostess wrote the wrong buzzer number down, we saw others getting seated that came after us and was wondering what went wrong. So we found out. I didn't stiff or gave a bad tip to our waitress because of the hostess's error. WHY? While the hostess was giving "customer service", that employee wasn't giving me what I was going in for which was to be served at a table. You don't tip the hostess, the server tips out the hostess out of sales in most restaurants, but the customer doesn't tip the hostess(or host). My point being, I am not counting people that are doing a customer service issue in my tipping since they aren't giving me more service than a McDonald's cashier does for no tip. I tip fairly, WHY NOT YOU?

Quote:
Usually this young person has to face several hot and angry stressed out line cooks who will be rather PO'ed at your special requests which will mess up their rhythm and slow down the whole line.
You sound lazy.

Quote:
Once the food is ready she has to gather up each component of your meal and package it up neatly along with the appropriate sides, sauces and utensils that go along with it.
McDonald's cashiers put condiments in cups for me, made me shakes, made me iced coffees, Frappacinos, when I order hotcakes and sausage the McDonald's cashier has to go to one box for the fork, one box for the knife, one box for some butters, one box for the syrups, and some jelly packs another box etc. for NO TIP, so HOW is that ANY DIFFERENT? If anything, the MCDONALD'S CASHIER has sometimes done MORE WORK for you and we can't tip them for you doing the SAME DAMN THING, HOW IS THAT FAIR, HUH?

Quote:
And after all of that she meets you at the front door, or even at your car,
Nobody meets you at the front door. I have already said if it's my car, I would tip if my order was 100% correct and I didn't wait forever for my food due to my server.

Quote:
If she manages to accomplish this at a peak time... she deserves a bigger tip. IMHO
I 100% TOTALLY DISAGREE, because it doesn't matter how many orders you have since no one is tipping one anyone else's services. I mean if it's taking a long time due to how busy it is, I won't count it against the server if I have either a large order 100% correct or it delivered to my car, but I sure don't tip more if it's busier. Sorry, that's not what the tip is for. The tip is for OUR SERVICE, NOT SOMEONE ELSE'S SERVICE. If anything, during a busier time, you wait longer, so why would someone really tip higher? Typically people are going to tip less if they have to wait longer, that's just human nature and common sense. During a peak time, NO, you shouldn't get more unless(if the order was delivered to your car or you have a large order) you actually DO MORE PHYSICAL LABOR such as my burger was put in right on my check, but let's say has pickles that I ordered none, so I send it back, then you have to come back. THEN you should get a bigger tip since that wasn't your fault since I wouldn't expect you to touch my food and the fact you went back and forth. Also, if I ordered something else afterwards so I sent you back from my car then yeah, but not just because it's busier should you get a bigger tip. You aren't doing anything "MORE" for me, so WHY should you get "PAID" more? HOW THE HELL IS THAT FAIR OR MORALLY RIGHT, HUH?

Quote:
Well now big busy places like Applebee's and Max and Erma's (where I used to work) have curbside carryout, and a full dining room can be upwards of 300 people. They have to have a dedicated person (or three) that is paid to take carryout orders only and that person is responsible for taking the order, placing it with the kitchen, collecting all of the items when they are ready and boxing them up. That person then has to have the order ready at the door to carry to the customer's car. They are usually kept very very busy during peak dining hours. Having been an expediter ,who had to deal with the dine in meals while also trying not to trip over the carry out person, I know just how hard those girls do have to work. A 10% tip is really appreciated and deserved. And as I said before a nice tip is a good way to ensure that in the future you receive their (and the kitchen's) best efforts.

10% is not deserved if I call my order in and go INSIDE MYSELF to pick it up. I don't see HOW unless I order a large order like 20 meals or something 100% CORRECT, simply because typically you aren't going to order 20 meals at Mcdonald's. I compare it to what other service people do the same job duties and if they make tips or not. I tip *FAIRLY* meaning if I can't tip you for that, I won't them for that kind of thing.

Last edited by Yac; 07-13-2015 at 07:26 AM.. Reason: 4 posts in a row merged

Old 07-11-2015, 10:29 PM

697 posts, read 778,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springs1 View Post
All of that is done over the phone while you are not physically at the restaurant just like the order taker you call at your local Papa John's to take your order isn't the person who receives the tip, your delivery driver is. So the taking the order part NO ONE ELSE GETS PAID FOR THAT out of a tip, WHY THE HELL SHOULD ANYONE? HOW IS THAT FAIR OR MORALLY RIGHT TO THINK YOU SHOULD GET PAID FOR THINGS THAT AREN'T IN SERVICE? I don't tip based on the hostess when I dine inside, so WHY should the take-out customer tip based on things prior to even walking inside the restaurant? They aren't receiving service to tip for. You call your store to ask them about prices on something let's say a cell phone store about different plans and phones, do they get a tip for an over the phone customer service conversation? Then WHY THE HELL SHOULD ANYONE? It's NOT FAIR, if they do it for no tip, WHY shouldn't EVERYONE? It's ONLY *******FAIR*******************! What your employer pays you per hour is your issue with that one. I mean you can't expect payment for ZERO SERVICE, CAN YOU REALLY HONESTLY? While it is customer service, it's not restaurant service. As I said before, I won't count off like for real one time the hostess wrote the wrong buzzer number down, we saw others getting seated that came after us and was wondering what went wrong. So we found out. I didn't stiff or gave a bad tip to our waitress because of the hostess's error. WHY? While the hostess was giving "customer service", that employee wasn't giving me what I was going in for which was to be served at a table. You don't tip the hostess, the server tips out the hostess out of sales in most restaurants, but the customer doesn't tip the hostess(or host). My point being, I am not counting people that are doing a customer service issue in my tipping since they aren't giving me more service than a McDonald's cashier does for no tip. I tip fairly, WHY NOT YOU?

You sound lazy.

McDonald's cashiers put condiments in cups for me, made me shakes, made me iced coffees, Frappacinos, when I order hotcakes and sausage the McDonald's cashier has to go to one box for the fork, one box for the knife, one box for some butters, one box for the syrups, and some jelly packs another box etc. for NO TIP, so HOW is that ANY DIFFERENT? If anything, the MCDONALD'S CASHIER has sometimes done MORE WORK for you and we can't tip them for you doing the SAME DAMN THING, HOW IS THAT FAIR, HUH?

HOW THE HELL IS THAT FAIR OR MORALLY RIGHT, HUH?
Deep breaths, through the nose. It's just an online forum and the topic is just tipping, nothing to get worked up over.

I usually tip 20% for table service or delivery. More for both if the restaurant is less expensive. But for take out, it really depends on the restaurant. I know at some, especially smaller, family owned and run places, one person usually takes the order, boxes it up and brings out. So, yep that person gets a tip but not $20%. But I don't usually tip if it's just picking up from a place where several people were likely involved.

Old 07-11-2015, 11:35 PM

393 posts, read 306,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyDaisy View Post
Deep breaths, through the nose. It's just an online forum and the topic is just tipping, nothing to get worked up over.

I usually tip 20% for table service or delivery. More for both if the restaurant is less expensive. But for take out, it really depends on the restaurant. I know at some, especially smaller, family owned and run places, one person usually takes the order, boxes it up and brings out. So, yep that person gets a tip but not $20%. But I don't usually tip if it's just picking up from a place where several people were likely involved.

It's just not fair to tip that way though, because it's not. As I said, at McDonald's, the cashier has to take my order IN PERSON(compared to if you call in the order at the non-fast food restaurant), as I said let's say I order the hotcakes and sausage, the cashier*THE CASHIER*(NOT THE KITCHEN STAFF) has to get some butters in one box, some syrups in another box, some jelly for my sausage in another box, a fork in one box, a knife in another box, napkins in my bag, ring me up and give me my change or credit card receipt. Let's say I order from Applebee's a pasta dish, Applebee's has an "ALL-IN-ONE" napkin, fork, knife, salt packet, and pepper packet plastic wrapped up(basically a cutlery packet). They take the order let's say over the phone. So I walk INSIDE the place, they ring me up with my credit card or cash, give me my credit card receipt or change. Tell me Why should I tip the Applebee's bartender for doing LESS WORK than the McDonald's cashier had to do as to how that can be FAIR? The only service I received was once I picked up my dish and was rung up, then given my credit card receipt or change. Taking the order I was not there for to count towards tippable type of service. When people make tips, they are physically in front of the person.

If one person boxed it up while I was not there, WHY would I tip on something I wasn't there for? It would be like tipping your server for cleaning the table that someone else left a mess before you got seated. You didn't make the mess, nor were you there to care what happened BEFORE you arrived, so WHY should you consider that as tippable?

At a pizza hut to-go, I have seen literally one guy doing everything, take orders over the phone and actually making the pizzas. I kind of felt sorry for him, but at the same time, he wasn't like making $2.13/hr, there's no way he wasn't making probably over min. wage. I didn't tip simply because he's not a person making $2.13/hr or the delivery person that is using their own vehicle and gas to bring it to my house. If he only made $2.13/hr, that would be different, but they wouldn't be paying a cook to do all of that for only that, because that would probably be illegal and NO WAY would ANYONE in their right mind accept such a job for that little pay knowing most to-go orders wouldn't get tipped and a lot of the orders would be delivery which means he'd for sure see no tip. That's about the only time I would tip if I would literally see the person was BY THEMSELF and they were only making $2.13/hr. Typically bartenders and to-go servers usually make more than $2.13/hr in general. I am not saying all, but most are making more than that.

In 2007 on some other website that no longer works, they had a person that said to-go servers at Chili's made $7.00/hr, no tip outs from other servers, just tips they made on the to-go orders. I don't know what state that's in either. Their server pay scale was $2.80/hr for servers, so it's not in the state I live in.

My point is, if the person is getting well compensated just like McDonald's through their employer, HOW is it fair if we can't tip McDonald's, but tip someone else making at least min. wage? Tipping should be *FAIR* down the entire way. For example, I used to tip sometimes at Starbuck's if I got an iced coffee or Frappacino, well, once McDonald's and others started to do the same for no tip, I NEVER tip at those places, NEVER. I was only tipping at those places since the work is the same as the bartender honestly. They are making a drink except one has alcohol, the other doesn't. Same kind of work involved or similar. The only reason I still tip bartenders is because they usually still don't make min. wage though and for bar drinks that's them making the drink, not just serving it. It's different than take-out where the bartender didn't make my burger or pasta dish to-go. If I get bar drinks to-go(we can in our state), I tip on that since it's the *BARTENDER* making the drinks, being that a bartender makes less than min. wage unlike your typical Starbuck's employee that gets more than min. wage and is not doing their job totally by themselves either, it's a team like one person takes my order, another person makes the drink.

Last edited by Springs1; 07-11-2015 at 11:45 PM..

Old 07-12-2015, 02:13 AM

2,458 posts, read 4,204,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyDaisy View Post
When a new voice, whose name I don't recognize as a regular poster, joins an ongoing discussion, I sometimes find it enlightening to check their posting history. Let's just say that I don't think your advice there is going to help much...

Old 07-12-2015, 06:49 AM

2,576 posts, read 3,093,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchdigger View Post
When a new voice, whose name I don't recognize as a regular poster, joins an ongoing discussion, I sometimes find it enlightening to check their posting history. Let's just say that I don't think your advice there is going to help much...
^^^Wise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh