Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 12:39 PM

675 posts, read 2,098,096 times

Advertisements

I just needed a second to vent...

I don't understand how this kid, who runs around constantly vandalizing people's property -- that they work hard to pay the mortgage on -- causing hundreds of thousands of dollars in damage, and all he ever gets is a slap on the hand. How is our judicial system so inept? How is there any way there is a judge out there that would not punish this little creep with every ounce of his ability? I don't understand how ANYONE can sympathize with this guy! I don't think he's been held accountable for anything he's done! He spends a few days in jail, and then goes right back on the street to vandalize some more people's property! Isn't it becoming obvious that this system is not working? If he refuses to stop spray-painting everyone's property, throw him in jail, for life if that's what it takes!

Ok, rant over... anyone else?

Last edited by gallacus; 01-24-2008 at 12:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2008, 05:48 PM

511 posts, read 1,936,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallacus View Post
Ok, rant over... anyone else?
Nope, jails are overcrowded to begin with.....lets see, a kid who murdered two RMU students and attempted to murder a third or a graffitti artist?

Old 01-24-2008, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwscottie View Post
Nope, jails are overcrowded to begin with.....lets see, a kid who murdered two RMU students and attempted to murder a third or a graffitti artist?
How about both?

Old 01-24-2008, 09:20 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,251,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallacus View Post
How about both?
I understand your frustration -- graffiti and tagging out here has gone CRAZY.... and we have WAY more than one Daniel.... and our Daniels carry WEAPONS...

What needs to be done is yes -- jail time. After a conviction, the homeowners affected and their insurance companies if they are paying out claims on this need to go after this little miscreant in civil court. Make him pay out cash money... he's got nothing? Well -- does he live at home and go to school -- do his mommy and daddy claim him as a tax deduction? Them's the pockets to dig into....

And if it's not that -- take him to small claims court over and over and over and over.... the only thing the little doo-doo head will learn from is if you all make his life a living hell....

Old 01-25-2008, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
I understand your frustration -- graffiti and tagging out here has gone CRAZY.... and we have WAY more than one Daniel.... and our Daniels carry WEAPONS...

What needs to be done is yes -- jail time. After a conviction, the homeowners affected and their insurance companies if they are paying out claims on this need to go after this little miscreant in civil court. Make him pay out cash money... he's got nothing? Well -- does he live at home and go to school -- do his mommy and daddy claim him as a tax deduction? Them's the pockets to dig into....

And if it's not that -- take him to small claims court over and over and over and over.... the only thing the little doo-doo head will learn from is if you all make his life a living hell....

That's exactly my point. Its obvious that throwing him in jail for a couple days isn't going to do anything. I can't believe people are okay with having nearly a million tax dollars spent on this little ****head. I understand that jails are overcrowded, and that is indeed a problem. But in my opinion, the answer is not to arrest less people. That's like saying if too many people are breaking the speed limit you needto raise the speed limit. I guess there is no easy answer to this problem, and problems like this, but I just wish our judicial system could figure something out. It seems like when you send a gangster to jail, he comes out 10 times worse!

Old 01-25-2008, 07:04 PM

84 posts, read 411,361 times
Why don't they do the same thing to him as that one country did to that kid that vandalized (gave him lashes with the cane) - I think it was that kid who did that vandalizing in Singapore. I think that would really teach someone a lesson.

Old 01-25-2008, 08:35 PM

511 posts, read 1,936,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowACityGirl View Post
Why don't they do the same thing to him as that one country did to that kid that vandalized (gave him lashes with the cane) - I think it was that kid who did that vandalizing in Singapore. I think that would really teach someone a lesson.
Now that's totally viable, isn't it? Come on......

Old 01-26-2008, 08:14 PM

84 posts, read 411,361 times
lol I guess I was being a little harsh. That post was my last attempt at sarcasm.

*blushes* In reality, I think that people who have real art talent like him (if that's the one they were talking about that had HUGE artistic skills) they should give him a really good job where he can actually utilize his skills instead of working them on the street.

Old 01-27-2008, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowACityGirl View Post
lol I guess I was being a little harsh. That post was my last attempt at sarcasm.

*blushes* In reality, I think that people who have real art talent like him (if that's the one they were talking about that had HUGE artistic skills) they should give him a really good job where he can actually utilize his skills instead of working them on the street.
Harsh? I think not... Is there graffiti in Singapore?

If you don't want to get caned, there's only one thing you have to do... QUIT SPRAY PAINTING PEOPLE'S PROPERTY!!!

In my opinion, there's no excuse what-so-ever to this kid running around tagging people's houses, and a job is the last thing we should give him. I don't think you want to give people the idea that in order to get an awesome job all you have to do is run around vandalising people's property.

Old 01-28-2008, 02:49 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,257,845 times
LOL....Just make his butt scrub it off. REAL graf artists dont do private property anyway.

Make the spoiled baby scrub his lame skills off that personal property.

A little wax on wax off shoulder killer will make everyone happy and him a sore little tool. Mwhahaha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh