Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 10:57 AM

2,401 posts, read 2,100,231 times

Advertisements

Hey, slavery was a cultural thing here for 200 years. Doesn't make it right.

Old 08-26-2015, 11:01 AM

5,802 posts, read 9,890,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I highly doubt Roethlisberger is a rapist. The lynch mob was all over him and countless people would have loved to take him down, but he didn't get taken down. He was innocent of rape. Maybe did some dumb stuff, but not rape. Pro athletes have one big bullseye on their backs. They have money and everyone knows it. People are wanting that money and will do and say anything to pull it off. Consensual sex may happen, but if that star doesn't call the other person back, BOOM she has a case for rape. This is what happened really.
So I guess you doubt Bill Cosby accusers as well..... I mean the stories are eerily similar. Except Cosby it was nearly 50 women, and they're still coming out the woodwork. Vs. Ben's 2 accusers.

I find it AMAZING 50 or more women were able to keep this secret about 1 man for 3 decades, NOT Peep anywhere from any of them... Then after the Statute of Limitations runs out, they all miraculously decide to announce their revelations to the world.

Old 08-26-2015, 11:06 AM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
So I guess you doubt Bill Cosby accusers as well..... I mean the stories are eerily similar. Except Cosby it was nearly 50 women, and they're still coming out the woodwork. Vs. Ben's 2 accusers.

I find it AMAZING 50 or more women were able to keep this secret about 1 man for 3 decades, NOT Peep anywhere from any of them... Then after the Statute of Limitations runs out, they all miraculously decide to announce their revelations to the world.
How are the stories at all similar other than they're both men and stars?

Old 08-26-2015, 11:08 AM

3,110 posts, read 2,915,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
How are the stories at all similar other than they're both men and stars?
I dont know....two drunk people in the bathroom at a bar or a man who drugged women in order to sleep with them...it is hard to even see the difference...

Old 08-26-2015, 11:09 AM

697 posts, read 777,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post

Cosby accusers came out once one went public. I understand why victims of sexual violence have a hard time coming forward when it's a well-loved public person, as was for the case of Cosby and Rothlisberger.

Cosby is a serial victimizer. Ben's young so we'll have to see if/how that plays out.

Old 08-26-2015, 11:11 AM

1,519 posts, read 2,673,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyDaisy View Post
I think they're both horrible. I think the difference is that people can choose to not patronize the animal trophy killers and dislike them. With Vick, if you're a Steeler fan, he's now on the team so you're rooting for a team but you don't like one of the players (two for me since I'm not a Rothlisberger fan either). And you're mad at the team for choosing to bring him on the team. There wasn't any recent local rage about Michael Vick until there was talk of him becoming a Steeler. If the animal trophy killers got signed to the Steelers I think you'd see the same outrage.
Yep. Michael Vick served his time so he has a right to his freedom. I don't begrudge him that at all. He can do whatever he wants with his time now that he has served his debt to society. Doesn't mean that I have to like him, or be happy with his employer, or believe (which I don't) that he is changed. It doesn't magically erase what he did either. And I still find it abhorrent and evil and cannot abide by any defense of his actions. I don't personally believe that pedifiles can be rehabilitated either. If Jared gets a high profile gig once he gets out, I won't patronize whatever business employs him. And that's all that I can do. (I can't say that I won't watch TLC because of that Duggar monster, because I never did. That network is 100% garbage. As is he and his whole family.)

Old 08-26-2015, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PghYinzer View Post
I dont know....two drunk people in the bathroom at a bar or a man who drugged women in order to sleep with them...it is hard to even see the difference...
Considering the first description happens consensually on a regular basis in many bars/clubs, yeah there's a big difference in what Cosby has supposedly done. I do understand that the disdain for the Stillers by many can cloud the 2.

Old 08-26-2015, 11:26 AM

3,110 posts, read 2,915,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Considering the first description happens consensually on a regular basis in many bars/clubs, yeah there's a big difference in what Cosby has supposedly done. I do understand that the disdain for the Stillers by many can cloud the 2.
I should repost what I said in sarcasm font, because I intended to imply that they are so far from different situations that it is not even funny.

Old 08-26-2015, 11:30 AM

4,177 posts, read 2,954,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcider View Post
Hey, slavery was a cultural thing here for 200 years. Doesn't make it right.
Slavery has nothing to do with a dog or a cat.

Old 08-26-2015, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PghYinzer View Post
I should repost what I said in sarcasm font, because I intended to imply that they are so far from different situations that it is not even funny.
Agreed, but rest assured there are many that believe it's the same, and non Stiller fans will be at the front of the pack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh