Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2015, 11:16 AM

1,075 posts, read 1,692,798 times

Advertisements

While not available in our area yet, Amazon is entering the restaurant food delivery business: Amazon Brings Restaurant Delivery To L.A., Will Expand To All Prime Now Markets In U.S. | TechCrunch
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2015, 03:42 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,600,575 times
Just wanted to let you all know that as of a few hours ago Postmates just expanded its delivery radius to include Fox Chapel, parts of O'Hara Township, Sharpsburg, Aspinwall, Millvale, Etna, the Lower North Side of the city proper, South Side and the Slopes, Mt. Oliver, Carrick, Beltzhoover, Arlington, Allentown, Knoxville, Mt. Washington, parts of the West End, Munhall and Homestead. Now if you live in Millvale and want Chipotle delivered; live in the Mexican War Streets and want Starbucks delivered; or live in Mt. Washington and want Whole Foods delivered it's possible.

Old 12-08-2015, 04:02 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,891,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
Just wanted to let you all know that as of a few hours ago Postmates just expanded its delivery radius to include Fox Chapel, parts of O'Hara Township, Sharpsburg, Aspinwall, Millvale, Etna, the Lower North Side of the city proper, South Side and the Slopes, Mt. Oliver, Carrick, Beltzhoover, Arlington, Allentown, Knoxville, Mt. Washington, parts of the West End, Munhall and Homestead. Now if you live in Millvale and want Chipotle delivered; live in the Mexican War Streets and want Starbucks delivered; or live in Mt. Washington and want Whole Foods delivered it's possible.
Mmmm...and lasagne from Piccolo Forno. Hope this coupon works.

https://www.coupons.com/coupon-codes...50d3879&lbox=1

Old 12-08-2015, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
Mmmm...and lasagne from Piccolo Forno. Hope this coupon works.

https://www.coupons.com/coupon-codes...50d3879&lbox=1
Anybody who hasn't yet used the service can send me a message for a code for up to $10 off your delivery.

Old 12-08-2015, 05:32 PM

255 posts, read 284,707 times
Quote:
couriers
Now all we need is the microfusion cells and the power armor.
Moderator cut: As the huge nerd that I am, I approve this post. Yac.

Last edited by Yac; 12-09-2015 at 04:49 AM..

Old 12-09-2015, 07:31 AM

1,577 posts, read 1,282,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechCom View Post
Now all we need is the microfusion cells and the power armor.
Moderator cut: As the huge nerd that I am, I approve this post. Yac.
Johnny Guitarrrrr

Old 12-10-2015, 05:10 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,727,132 times
Hey hey, let's not let this thread wander off into off topic territory, ok ?

:P
Seriously though, not the time or place. There are 2 threads about fallout in the video games forum.
Yac.

Old 12-10-2015, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post
Hey hey, let's not let this thread wander off into off topic territory, ok ?

:P
Seriously though, not the time or place. There are 2 threads about fallout in the video games forum.
Yac.
There was an expansion about Pittsburgh though but I agree haha...

So does Postmates work directly with the restaurants or are they essentially just ordering takeout like a commoner would? I am just wondering about the integration with the order process and whether this would affect the overall experience.

Old 12-10-2015, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettert View Post
There was an expansion about Pittsburgh though but I agree haha...

So does Postmates work directly with the restaurants or are they essentially just ordering takeout like a commoner would? I am just wondering about the integration with the order process and whether this would affect the overall experience.
I'm a courier for them. I know this thread is borderline shameless self-promotion (what else is new from me?), but I thought it was a relevant topic since this is the first time people in the area can have virtually anything delivered on-demand in under an hour; the lack of delivery options came up on here from time to time as well.

Couriers are given a commercial fleet VISA credit card. Remote telephone representatives call the orders in like regular pick-ups/take-outs, and couriers arrive to pay for them with those cards and pick the orders up. For cash only places the courier fronts her or his cash for the order and is reimbursed via direct deposit the next business day. Couriers and customers can interact via masked telephone numbers. Customers and couriers rate each other on a 5-star scale, just like Uber/Lyft. This lets corporate know if any couriers need the axe (if your rating drops below 4.7), and permits couriers to inform corporate of potentially troublesome customers.

You can order if you reside/work within the newly-expanded zone, but restaurants/retailers (besides chains) won't be available in the new zone for probably the next week or so. I delivered Industry (Lawrenceville) last night to O'Hara Township; Chipotle to Mt. Washington; and Starbucks to the Mexican War Streets.

Old 12-10-2015, 08:24 AM

Quote:
I'm a courier for them. I know this thread is borderline shameless self-promotion (what else is new from me?), but I thought it was a relevant topic since this is the first time people in the area can have virtually anything delivered on-demand in under an hour; the lack of delivery options came up on here from time to time as well.

Couriers are given a commercial fleet VISA credit card. Remote telephone representatives call the orders in like regular pick-ups/take-outs, and couriers arrive to pay for them with those cards and pick the orders up. For cash only places the courier fronts her or his cash for the order and is reimbursed via direct deposit the next business day. Couriers and customers can interact via masked telephone numbers. Customers and couriers rate each other on a 5-star scale, just like Uber/Lyft. This lets corporate know if any couriers need the axe (if your rating drops below 4.7), and permits couriers to inform corporate of potentially troublesome customers.

You can order if you reside/work within the newly-expanded zone, but restaurants/retailers (besides chains) won't be available in the new zone for probably the next week or so. I delivered Industry (Lawrenceville) last night to O'Hara Township; Chipotle to Mt. Washington; and Starbucks to the Mexican War Streets.
That is great that these options are available. Kind of sad though when you pay to have Starbucks delivered to your house...ughhh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh