Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 02:02 PM

1 posts, read 5,976 times

Advertisements

I used to live in Chicago. I also used to be cool with a few guys who clicked with BGD. I can't really say I was friends with them, but there no problems from either me or them. I agree that "gangs" in western Pa are no where near as organized. They are all "toys", or "toy gangsta's" as they would be called by someone who has made this life basically their career. Even if you research real gang members, a lot of the real hardcore gangsters who have went to prison wake up. They realize that there are other choices, and other roads to take. These toys around here need to do the same. I would love to take any one of them to the south side of Chicago for a few days and see if they make it out alive. If they did, I'm positive they'd have a different view upon life here.

Old 05-11-2008, 05:37 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
I don't understand the apparent belief that a lack of organization is a good thing with regard to gang activity, when in fact it is a lack of organization that often leads to higher crime rates because there's no leadership structure to rein in the young knuckleheads who make it harder for a more organized gang to do business.

You Pittsburghers dismiss the gang problem at your own peril. You may not think your gangs are "real" or "serious" but the guns they use and the murders they commit with them are very real and very serious. Your violent crime rate is just as high or higher than several major cities including New York, L.A. and Chicago. The difference between Homewood in Pittsburgh and, say, Austin in Chicago is one of scale more than substance.

Old 05-15-2008, 10:22 AM

13 posts, read 51,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVman222 View Post
I used to live in Chicago. I also used to be cool with a few guys who clicked with BGD. I can't really say I was friends with them, but there no problems from either me or them. I agree that "gangs" in western Pa are no where near as organized. They are all "toys", or "toy gangsta's" as they would be called by someone who has made this life basically their career. Even if you research real gang members, a lot of the real hardcore gangsters who have went to prison wake up. They realize that there are other choices, and other roads to take. These toys around here need to do the same. I would love to take any one of them to the south side of Chicago for a few days and see if they make it out alive. If they did, I'm positive they'd have a different view upon life here.
And if they survive that then let them play in Gary Indiana for a day or two, that would surely swallow them up

Old 05-29-2008, 02:57 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times
Miss Shona is correct, I have liveed on the "HILL" for over 20 years and have NEVER had to deal with any gang bangers. Now there was time a young knucklehead tried to rob me and a friend with an AK47, but got beat down pretty bad. The worst thing happened to him came from the "Hustlers" who put him in the hospital for making thier block "hot".

Old 07-16-2008, 10:56 PM

4 posts, read 153,278 times
I used to go all over da burgh wearing blue even the hill district and I have lived to tell about it in fact i went right down Centre from the igloo to Shady hell I even walk through oakland w/o a problem and that is at ent time day or night

Old 08-02-2008, 04:49 PM

5 posts, read 18,450 times
listen ppl, the gangs in pittsburgh are very loosely structured, unorganized, and not on a level such as gangs like the gangster disciplez in chicago. but that doesn't mean act like itz not real. though the gangz in pittsburgh are mainly cliques of freindz that hang 2gether, there still iz a general gang 4 each neighborhood, nd the cliques of freindz are sort of like setz. the list below will list the gangz of pittsburgh as well az the neighborhoodz that fall under that gang

Bloodz:
East Hillz Projectz
The Hill District
Garfield
Partz of McKeesport

Cripz:
Homewood
Lincoln
Hazelwood
Southside neighborhoodz(3)
Northview Heightz
Hoodtown(don't know exact neighborhood)
Rankin(including Hawkinz Village)
Braddock
Partz of Dusquene
Homestead
Crawford(McKeesport)

O.G.z:
Manchester
Perry

Convictz:
West side of pittsburgh(green way, sheraden etc.

L.A.W.:
Wilkinsburg
Larimer

These are the main gangz of pittsburgh, within each neighborhood, there are cliques and groupz with their on namez usually their street namez combined with their gang, but they still claim allegiance to the general gang.

Examples:
M.O.B.z, Flame Gang, V-click. . .etc- East Hills- Bloodz

So icey boyz, R.S.C or Race Street Cripz,. . . etc-Homewood- Cripz

Old 08-02-2008, 05:22 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
Do you get a bonus for every gratuitous use of the letter "z" or something?

Old 08-02-2008, 05:49 PM

632 posts, read 1,739,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Do you get a bonus for every gratuitous use of the letter "z" or something?
I waz wondering why certain placez didn't rate the "z" dezignation. I didn't want any wordz to feel left out of the "z" fun. Zo I fixed them. To wit:

Eazt
Diztrict
McKeezport
Zouthzide
Homeztead
Manchezter
Wezt Zide
Zheraden
Wilkinzburg

and let uz not forget the mozt important word: Pittzburgh

Alzo, what about Hazelwood? That already haz a "z". Zo zhould I make it an "s" inztead? Haselwood?

Thiz pozt brought to you by the letter "z".

(In all zeriouznezz...er...I mean seriousness, it was actually a rather informative post. I had no idea that the Crips patrolled the Southside. I thought it was controlled by roving packs of sorority girls or something. The "z" thing kind of took away from the informational stuff, though. I'm just saying...)

Old 08-02-2008, 06:25 PM

69 posts, read 295,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysiple23 View Post
listen ppl, the gangs in pittsburgh are very loosely structured, unorganized, and not on a level such as gangs like the gangster disciplez in chicago. but that doesn't mean act like itz not real. though the gangz in pittsburgh are mainly cliques of freindz that hang 2gether, there still iz a general gang 4 each neighborhood, nd the cliques of freindz are sort of like setz. the list below will list the gangz of pittsburgh as well az the neighborhoodz that fall under that gang

Bloodz:
East Hillz Projectz
The Hill District
Garfield
Partz of McKeesport

Cripz:
Homewood
Lincoln
Hazelwood
Southside neighborhoodz(3)
Northview Heightz
Hoodtown(don't know exact neighborhood)
Rankin(including Hawkinz Village)
Braddock
Partz of Dusquene
Homestead
Crawford(McKeesport)

O.G.z:
Manchester
Perry

Convictz:
West side of pittsburgh(green way, sheraden etc.

L.A.W.:
Wilkinsburg
Larimer

These are the main gangz of pittsburgh, within each neighborhood, there are cliques and groupz with their on namez usually their street namez combined with their gang, but they still claim allegiance to the general gang.

Examples:
M.O.B.z, Flame Gang, V-click. . .etc- East Hills- Bloodz

So icey boyz, R.S.C or Race Street Cripz,. . . etc-Homewood- Cripz
duquesne nor homestead does not have any gangs

Old 08-02-2008, 06:53 PM

374 posts, read 1,284,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrayyBall View Post
duquesne nor homestead does not have any gangs

Actually they did. The guy who posted that list is correct. Only thing I could and is in Homestead it either east or west. Don't really see kids running around with rags though. The whole gang thing is mainly isolated to street clix. Also Homewood its Dallas Park Crips, Uptown Crips ( include nlc ) RSC, SQv crips. MPC. there is a bunch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh