Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 01:09 PM

32,617 posts, read 77,614,858 times

Advertisements

I'm a "local" to the North Shore, considering I live within walking distance, and while I don't frequent the establishments there I've had some good times at Tilted Kilt and am thinking of having my upcoming birthday dinner at the new Burgatory location there. If there was a Skyline Chili or a MELT on the North Shore I'd be at either location once per month. I don't have many vices---non-smoker; no marijuana; non-drinker; don't wear flashy clothes; drive a Honda; etc. However, I DO splurge on eating out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2015, 01:11 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,260,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPizzaHutFan View Post
I'm not a big fan of watching drunk men old enough to be my father sexually harass twenty year olds, but to each their own.
I've never been to the TK, and I'm sure that's your view of what happens there. But I bet others have a different point of view, and a lot of the patrons like the beer and food they serve there and don't go there to sexually harass anyone.

Old 10-13-2015, 01:11 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
I'm not a big fan of watching drunk men old enough to be my father sexually harass twenty year olds, but to each their own.
Pretty sure you're not in the Tilted Kilt's demographic...and I rarely ever see older people at the TK.

Old 10-13-2015, 01:13 PM

385 posts, read 309,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Pretty sure you're not in the Tilted Kilt's demographic.
I am not a drunk fifty year old man looking to sexually harass a twenty year old, no.

Old 10-13-2015, 01:17 PM

Quote:
I am not a drunk fifty year old man looking to sexually harass a twenty year old, no.
Yeah, you certainly don't frequent the TK, if ever, to know otherwise. Haven't heard or seen any harassing going on any time I've been in any location. Same with any Hooter's, and there's barely a difference in the staff. They're also not targeting the older demographic you're speaking of. Nor is that demographic going there.

Old 10-13-2015, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Yeah, you certainly don't frequent the TK, if ever, to know otherwise. Haven't heard or seen any harassing going on any time I've been in any location. Same with any Hooter's, and there's barely a difference in the staff.
Hmm. Opinions differ.

Old 10-13-2015, 01:19 PM

419 posts, read 446,104 times
Quote:
We were talking about where locals go, not where fans go. At some point in the middle of the conversation, you stopped talking about locals and started talking about fans.

You said that the trashy hillbillies at The Tilted Kilt on non game days are locals. I, as a local, am asserting they aren't. You can believe what you'd like, but I spend a lot more time there than you do and I know what I see.
This is true. I know a guy that frequent's the Tilted Kilt pretty often. He is not a Hillbilly. He is a River Rat from Ambridge.

Old 10-13-2015, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Hmm. Opinions differ.
Tough to have a valid opinion if you don't frequent the establishments. They're a lot of fun if you like to have a good time before and after a game.

Old 10-13-2015, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Tough to have a valid opinion if you don't frequent the establishments. They're a lot of fun if you like to have a good time before and after a game.
Like I said, they're tourist traps. You're driving far enough to be considered a tourist and I'm glad you're visiting to spend money at our tourist traps. Personally, I'll go elsewhere.

Old 10-13-2015, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Like I said, they're tourist traps. You're driving far enough to be considered a tourist and I'm glad you're visiting to spend money at our tourist traps. Personally, I'll go elsewhere.
Sounds good. Someday I might even try Doubleday's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh