Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 07:56 AM

3,733 posts, read 5,933,215 times

Advertisements

To my knowledge, the city and/or the police bureau never made an announcement about this, and it has not been covered in any other media, either broadcast, print or online. The story was evidently leaked by someone in the police bureau only to Marty Griffin for some reason, and he ran with it as an "exclusive."

The transgender person in training just wants a job. There are trans and gay officers in police departments all over the country. Pittsburgh and suburban departments already have gay officers. This story was meant to inflame passions and nothing else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2015, 08:11 AM

2,519 posts, read 2,073,289 times
Mart Griffin in his crusade against the LGBT community yet again. He's a pathetic human being.

Old 10-08-2015, 10:22 AM

144 posts, read 140,075 times
Just wanna throw out my support and well wishes to the new recruit. Hopefully all goes well!

Old 10-08-2015, 10:40 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,783,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeo View Post
I saw this on KDKA and Marty Griffin was literally salivating over it. The "investigative reporter" obviously had one of his "sources," someone within the police department, tip him off that there was a transgender recruit. Instead of leaving well enough alone and letting the person go through the training and get a job, ol' Marty stirred the pot, making a huge story out of it to fire up the old people who watch KDKA and pump up the ratings and his ego. I'm sure he's livid because he had to go with it in October rather than during November sweeps.

If you can even stand the vile remarks to this story, read the comments on the KDKA site and Facebook. They're disgusting and uneducated. And people wonder why minorities need legal protection.
This is what news is all about these days. Who gives a crap about such a story? It is like there isn't one gay person on a force or whatever in the US. A moron wrote it and morons will read in excitement. It is sure a sunny day. Might as well enjoy it. Soon clouds will roll in and not leave for 6-7 months. Enjoy!

Old 10-08-2015, 11:05 AM

1,776 posts, read 2,685,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
What would you suggest that the Delta people do to show support for this officer.
They could privately meet with the officer, ask what their real needs are, not blow up their spot publicly and turn a lot of bigots eyes on to the whole situation. Let them do their job in peace, help with what they can. What is the point of running this piece of press if you haven't even made contact with the person yet and don't know their feelings on it? Being sensitive to that is TRUE support. It's still very hard out there for transgendered people, and this is another tone deaf move by this organization. I wonder what Gary Van Horn has actually done for this person now that the article has run? My guess is jack ****.

Old 10-08-2015, 11:47 AM

831 posts, read 872,594 times
As long as they can do their job, who cares??

Old 10-08-2015, 12:52 PM

3,733 posts, read 5,933,215 times
I hope the time soon comes when news like this won't even be news. It's really unfair to the recruit and brings out the extremists blabbing about the use of restrooms.

Old 10-08-2015, 10:12 PM

480 posts, read 608,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronPGH View Post
Another example of Delta Foundation only caring about headlines and not the well-being of the people they're supposed to serve.
Delta Foundation...what a joke

Old 10-08-2015, 11:00 PM

419 posts, read 443,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciulli View Post
Just wanna throw out my support and well wishes to the new recruit. Hopefully all goes well!
Marty Griffin is darn lucky to have gorgeous Kristene Sorensen for a wife. That's all I know.

Old 10-09-2015, 08:58 AM

9,150 posts, read 10,828,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket88 View Post
Marty Griffin is darn lucky to have gorgeous Kristene Sorensen for a wife. That's all I know.
Every time I see her on TV, which, admittedly, is not very often, I think "Damn, he must have the biggest..."

'Cause why else would she have anything to do with someone who's that ugly, inside and out?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh