Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 10:22 AM

385 posts, read 309,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Any links or pics to that?
It was 2013, and why would I be taking pictures of people I don't know on the train? That's creepy.

My wife and I had decided to head down to the strip that day, and the trains inbound were packed with people carrying coolers full of beer (or just cases of beer) at 11:30 AM. We ended up being delayed by over an hour going home because they were running eight or nine blues to one red (instead of the usual 2-1 ratio).

Old 10-29-2015, 10:26 AM

7,541 posts, read 10,257,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merge View Post
This demographic has shown repeatedly that it is incapable of treating the city and its facilities with the basic respect needed to maintain a proper environment for an event of such size. The violence and disgusting habits of these folks has been displayed again and again. I don't care what others feel the venue was built for... it wasn't built to attract this kind of behavior and it shouldn't be tolerated, regardless of the color/culture of its perpetrators. If this type of thing happened at a rap concert, it would be in the news for weeks and there would be incessant rants throughout the media about "inner city culture" (read: black people). But the fact that it is white people from outside the city somehow mitigates the damage? I don't think so.

Young people have always acted out at concerts, when I was a young man it was no different. The June 76 concert at 3 Rivers with ZZ Top and Aerosmith was particularly notorious.

In any event, when they negotiated the stadium deal with the Rooney family, the city fathers knew what they were approving when they told them they could control the stadium concerts over there.

Concerts at the stadium are here to stay, when the next stadiums get built, maybe they'll be out in the burbs and you won't get into a tizzy about keeping the stadium areas pristine.

Old 10-29-2015, 10:28 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPizzaHutFan View Post
It was 2013, and why would I be taking pictures of people I don't know on the train? That's creepy.

My wife and I had decided to head down to the strip that day, and the trains inbound were packed with people carrying coolers full of beer (or just cases of beer) at 11:30 AM. We ended up being delayed by over an hour going home because they were running eight or nine blues to one red (instead of the usual 2-1 ratio).
So really not much of a difference than tailgating for other large concert and sporting events.

Old 10-29-2015, 10:30 AM

The stadiums will never be built out in the suburbs. There is no advantage to it for the people doing it and it would damage businesses in the city.

I can't think of anything uglier than Dodgers stadium: no view except for acres of parking lots and a clogged freeway. There's a reason PNC Park is considered the most beautiful stadium in baseball, and most of that reason is location.

Old 10-29-2015, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
So really not much of a difference than tailgating for other large concert and sporting events.
Actually, as a person who rides the T every day, there was a massive difference between the KC concert and a Steelers or Pirates game.

Old 10-29-2015, 10:37 AM

2,218 posts, read 1,945,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
Young people have always acted out at concerts, when I was a young man it was no different. The June 76 concert at 3 Rivers with ZZ Top and Aerosmith was particularly notorious.

In any event, when they negotiated the stadium deal with the Rooney family, the city fathers knew what they were approving when they told them they could control the stadium concerts over there.

Concerts at the stadium are here to stay, when the next stadiums get built, maybe they'll be out in the burbs and you won't get into a tizzy about keeping the stadium areas pristine.
Perhaps you should take a closer look at the responses here. You seem to be completely missing the fact that we are complaining of a repeated pattern of criminal behavior. We're not just talking about trash.

Old 10-29-2015, 10:40 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,969,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
Quick fyi, pretty sure that's not Pittsburgh...
I was hoping to find a picture to encapsulate the quintessential Chesney fan. How did I do? Kind of spot on with the rebel flag and rolling coal all in one picture. Gotta love it! Merica!

Old 10-29-2015, 10:41 AM

5,894 posts, read 6,881,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPizzaHutFan View Post
If only you had a car to use & could avoid the unwashed masses who use public transit

Old 10-29-2015, 10:47 AM

2,401 posts, read 2,101,337 times
I was in West Park the day of one of the last pop country shows and the difference between that and a Steelers game day was noticeable. Lots of young people in cowboy boots and hats drinking openly and leaving their empties all over the grass. Disgusting that they think it's OK to drive in from west of nowhere and can treat the city like a frat party.

Old 10-29-2015, 10:55 AM

5,894 posts, read 6,881,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I was hoping to find a picture to encapsulate the quintessential Chesney fan. How did I do? Kind of spot on with the rebel flag and rolling coal all in one picture. Gotta love it! Merica!
I dunno, I always thought the main draw was girls wearing daisy dukes, halter tops & cowboy boots
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh