Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 08:10 PM

140 posts, read 166,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
If you don't care for the smell of money being made, stay away from Neville Island, Clairton or Springdale
Regarding Neville Island, I always thought the island itself is completely fine... The winds blow all the pollution toward Avalon.

Also, anyone know if Edgar Thompson Works is also a large contributor to the regions pollution? Love driving past that place... So interesting to look at +the rotten egg smell is actually quite pleasant...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2015, 11:27 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,743,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Velcoro View Post
Yeah we live in Ohio and the air is good here in Columbus. The article you posted was from 2011. Funny how Columbus Ohio is responsible for monitoring air in western pa.
You're the last person to chide anybody for using dated information. That was your modus operandi before you got banned a year and a half ago.

If the air in Pittsburgh is polluted, it's because you speak and it blows east.

Old 11-03-2015, 02:13 AM

7,541 posts, read 10,258,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMan_152 View Post
Regarding Neville Island, I always thought the island itself is completely fine... The winds blow all the pollution toward Avalon.

Also, anyone know if Edgar Thompson Works is also a large contributor to the regions pollution? Love driving past that place... So interesting to look at +the rotten egg smell is actually quite pleasant...

Its been a number of years, but I lived in Bellevue on Laurel Ave in the late 80's/early 90's- just above where the KFC is today not far from 65. I didn't notice the pollution, noticed it more if the wind shifted and got a whiff from the Alcosan.

The rotten egg smell does remind me of my youth. A young maintenance man at an apartment I lived in 10 years ago came in with sulfur to clear out a drain, warned me of the smell, didn't bother me in the least.

Old 11-03-2015, 05:14 AM

4,240 posts, read 4,918,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craziaskowboi View Post
You're the last person to chide anybody for using dated information. That was your modus operandi before you got banned a year and a half ago.

If the air in Pittsburgh is polluted, it's because you speak and it blows east.
It's no secret that Ohio is the worst offender in the nation when it comes to toxic pollution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh