Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2015, 09:44 AM

2,218 posts, read 1,945,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
Mr. Negri apparently puts a high priority on his parenting duties. Besides he really didn't need to "talk with" city officials, he just needed them to clean up the area. A quick note from the city that they are on the case, and subsequent actual actions is all that is needed. Not a long meeting or phone call promising action or giving excuses.

Negri may or may not be a "nut", and he might be dead wrong as far as the safety of OH. If someone thinks so, if they have the money and restaurant experience- they should look to make an offer on the property, put their own eatery in the store front and prove the man wrong.
You are defending a hypocritical tax delinquent. The guy deserved everything he got for not paying for the city services he has so publicly demanded. He's worse than a nut.

Old 11-03-2015, 09:48 AM

2,401 posts, read 2,101,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merge View Post
You are defending a hypocritical tax delinquent. The guy deserved everything he got for not paying for the city services he has so publicly demanded. He's worse than a nut.
It's true, one can't lament that they are being treated unfairly and be a tax dodger at the same time. He's not paying his share and getting away with something most of us here would never do.

Old 11-03-2015, 09:54 AM

7,541 posts, read 10,260,125 times
Quote:

I'm not defending him at all, just suggesting he might have a point about the lack of safety in OH and City Hall's indifference.

If someone disagrees with Mr. Negri's assessment of the situation, they should open a business up there.

Old 11-03-2015, 10:34 AM

Quote:
I'm not defending him at all, just suggesting he might have a point about the lack of safety in OH and City Hall's indifference.

If someone disagrees with Mr. Negri's assessment of the situation, they should open a business up there.

Ridiculous. I hear this line of "argument" employed a lot on this board and it is an absolutely nonsensical response to criticism. There is no requirement, and no reasonable expectation of further action when applying criticism or expressing disagreement. That is an extremely lazy and intellectually-bankrupt position to take.

Old 11-03-2015, 10:36 AM

5,894 posts, read 6,882,782 times
Quote:
Ridiculous. I hear this line of "argument" employed a lot on this board and it is an absolutely nonsensical response to criticism. There is no requirement, and no reasonable expectation of further action when applying criticism or expressing disagreement. That is an extremely lazy and intellectually-bankrupt position to take.
Saying the owner/ employees deserved to be shot at & robbed because he owes hundreds in back taxes is even more intellectually bankrupt

Quote:
You are defending a hypocritical tax delinquent. The guy deserved everything he got for not paying for the city services

Old 11-03-2015, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
Saying the owner/ employees deserved to be shot at & robbed because he owes hundreds in back taxes is even more intellectually bankrupt
Quite obviously I was not saying that. The point is that instead of taking reasonable actions to ensure the safety/security of his business and employees, he wasted his energy in long whiny and public complaints about Peduto's administration, while at the same time neglecting his responsibility to fulfill his obligations in contributing to financing the government. It's morally indefensible.

Old 11-03-2015, 02:26 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,260,125 times
Quote:
Quite obviously I was not saying that. The point is that instead of taking reasonable actions to ensure the safety/security of his business and employees, he wasted his energy in long whiny and public complaints about Peduto's administration, while at the same time neglecting his responsibility to fulfill his obligations in contributing to financing the government. It's morally indefensible.
Actually, Negri did take reasonable action for the safety and security of the building and his employees.

He shortened his hours for a while, and then he closed the location, so the workers didn't have to go there any more.

He was losing his shirt and got behind in his bills- that doesn't make him "immoral".

Negri thought he could embarrass Peduto into cleaning up the neighborhood with his screed, and he was wrong.

Even though Negri was driven out of the neighborhood, it doesn't make it any better, but hopefully they'll be able to turn it around. If someone buys the Mandy's building, the taxes will be paid before the sale is final, so it isn't like the city is losing anything on this, they are just waiting.

Maybe they can get some higher end boutiques, cappuccino joints and foodie magnets to enter the community, maybe build some new condos, and that will gain the interest of the city fathers and the crime situation can be cleaned up.

Old 11-03-2015, 02:36 PM

2,401 posts, read 2,101,983 times
Quote:
Actually, Negri did take reasonable action for the safety and security of the building and his employees.

He shortened his hours for a while, and then he closed the location, so the workers didn't have to go there any more.

He was losing his shirt and got behind in his bills- that doesn't make him "immoral".

Negri thought he could embarrass Peduto into cleaning up the neighborhood with his screed, and he was wrong.

Even though Negri was driven out of the neighborhood, it doesn't make it any better, but hopefully they'll be able to turn it around. If someone buys the Mandy's building, the taxes will be paid before the sale is final, so it isn't like the city is losing anything on this, they are just waiting.

Maybe they can get some higher end boutiques, cappuccino joints and foodie magnets to enter the community, maybe build some new condos, and that will gain the interest of the city fathers and the crime situation can be cleaned up.
he wasn't driven out of the neighborhood. He threw in the towel for whatever his reasons are. It's not as if Mandy's is an Oasis in an otherwise deserted strip, there are numerous business, most just do not operate late at night with **** poor security plans.

Old 11-03-2015, 02:41 PM

Quote:

I hear you. Still, when people don't pay their taxes, they are leeching off the system that I pay into. I work hard and pay my taxes and I don't complain about it. This guy is not paying his obligations to society AND IN ADDITION... he's so self-righteous as to compose an incoherent, rambling rant just to whine about local government, and THEN he is so self-important that he sends it out as a press-release to "the city and media". Pathetic. Seriously. I'm glad he's left town... if that's even true. He's a parasite. And you are his apologist right here in this thread. So I guess we are at an impasse in this discussion.

Old 11-04-2015, 03:34 AM

436 posts, read 343,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
No. They don't. It's Pastoli's Pizzeria now. He's totally abandoned the city.
I'm still getting Mandy's pizza promotional emails
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh