Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 03:40 AM

436 posts, read 343,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
He has left town, you won't be hearing any more from him personally.
I don't know, he seems to be making a last stand on Facebook

Old 11-04-2015, 04:10 AM

7,541 posts, read 10,260,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8YearsinPittsburgh View Post
I don't know, he seems to be making a last stand on Facebook
Peduto did jab back at Negri yesterday on TV, telling Mandy's "good riddance", so you have to expect some kind of response from the pizza guy. But the story has basically reached the end of its natural life- I don't see much more that can be said about it.

The only side issue is what will be the future of the OH area, and what the plan is to reinvent the area and attract yuppie types out there.

Old 11-04-2015, 07:16 AM

144 posts, read 140,921 times
what did Peduto say?

haha I don't think "yuppie types" are coming to OH, or that's what anyone is trying to do. Yuppie types will always want to be much closer to the core of the city. Even if the OH business district added 5 great new businesses in the next year it wouldn't attract the "cool" crowd IMO.

I'm not sure what the plan of action should be but I guess we need more younger people who aren't necessarily "yuppies" but want to be engaged with the community and make it a better, more attractive place to live.

Old 11-04-2015, 07:18 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
Saying the owner/ employees deserved to be shot at & robbed because he owes hundreds in back taxes is even more intellectually bankrupt
No kidding. It is amazing how people can say, oh wait, he owes a few hundred dollars in taxes, so he deserves to be robbed countless times and have his place broken into frequently. Laughable! How about, maybe he isn't paying the taxes because he feels he isn't getting ANY service from he city other than being ignored.

As I stated before, I don't feel a business will get very good service in our city unless they hire an off duty cop, but that doesn't come cheap AND it is a clear conflict of interest which promotes corruption. Look at what happened to the Original when that thug ran down the road after the college grad. They had to hire an off duty police officer, so they aren't just paying the city for services, they have to pay an extortion. Can't people see that? If there are problems at that corner, how about cleaning it up so it becomes a safe area?

Old 11-04-2015, 07:31 AM

144 posts, read 140,921 times
gg, from what I understand, he owes ~$25k, not a few hundred. And the delinquency started 4 years ago which is long before these robberies started this past summer.

Old 11-04-2015, 07:37 AM

2,218 posts, read 1,945,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciulli View Post
gg, from what I understand, he owes ~$25k, not a few hundred. And the delinquency started 4 years ago which is long before these robberies started this past summer.
Good luck setting that poster straight. He doesn't bother with actually reading and absorbing the relevant thread information before chiming in with some ridiculous response. It's really not worth the effort in trying to correct him.

Old 11-04-2015, 07:41 AM

5,894 posts, read 6,882,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciulli View Post
Where does that number come from?

Old 11-04-2015, 07:44 AM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merge View Post
Good luck setting that poster straight. He doesn't bother with actually reading and absorbing the relevant thread information before chiming in with some ridiculous response. It's really not worth the effort in trying to correct him.
So it is irrelevant to discuss crime to all unless they are delinquent taxpayers? If delinquent they don't get any protection? Crime doesn't count because a business is delinquent? Okay, I guess you have absorbed this in your typical fashion. Nothing to see here, this business is delinquent, so rob and hold the place up as much as you like. Please don't respond to my posts. I really can't school you along all the time. It is too nice outside.

Old 11-04-2015, 07:47 AM

2,218 posts, read 1,945,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
So it is irrelevant to discuss crime to all unless they are delinquent taxpayers? If delinquent they don't get any protection? Crime doesn't count because a business is delinquent? Okay, I guess you have absorbed this in your typical fashion. Nothing to see here, this business is delinquent, so rob and hold the place up as much as you like. Please don't respond to my posts. I really can't school you along all the time. It is too nice outside.
In order to "school" someone, you would actually need insight, knowledge, and/or facts on the subject... which you so obviously lack. Hell... you don't even bother to read the posts you respond to.

Old 11-04-2015, 07:48 AM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
Where does that number come from?
You would have to add up all the Mandy's if it only started 4 years ago that they started to struggle. I would like to know where that number came from myself. Also, only a small portion of that number would be for local tax. You can't add school tax and county tax to paying for the police. What about income taxes? Are they up to date. On top of all this, are people using this as a smoke screen? So there is no problem being robbed at gunpoint and filing a complaint knowing who did it, yet not action taken by police? It smells like a smokescreen to me. "Duh, he didn't pay no taxes, so this crime don't matter none." Sounds about right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh