Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 12:15 PM

831 posts, read 879,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merge View Post
I think the same thing of many evangelists who take money from senior citizens and other suckers.
Agreed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2015, 03:27 PM

385 posts, read 309,762 times
Good news, OP. A reputable psychic has detected the ethereal disturbances caused by your post, and will be contacting you via ESP very shortly. Don't go anywhere, just wait for your mental summons.

Old 11-16-2015, 03:30 PM

1,134 posts, read 1,124,758 times
SoulVisions, Carole J. Obley, psychic, intuitive, medium, spiritual healer, and teacher available for private consultations, healings and other services... Services

She's in Murrysville and she's a medium. She's expensive, but well worth it. I knew my son's spirit was here with me. She told me things that that were right on the money and things I didn't even know about until after I got home and talked to my family.

I got much comfort from what she told me and she didn't want me asking questions. Regardless of what a lot of these people are saying, there are people given this gift in life.

I was blown away with the details of my son's life she gave. Only my family would have known the things she told me.

Old 11-17-2015, 03:44 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,729,877 times
Right. I feel I have to remind you that if you can't help the op, you actually don't have to post. Shocking, I know.
Yac.

Old 11-17-2015, 07:17 AM

994 posts, read 901,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam1957 View Post

I got much comfort from what she told me and she didn't want me asking questions.
Now why would she tell you that? Because it interferes with her ruse, perhaps?

Old 11-17-2015, 07:26 AM

2,218 posts, read 1,945,914 times
Why is it ok to demean the OP's faith? I wonder if the condescension demonstrated by these posters is backed up by their complete commitment to science and rationality, or if they engage in pursuits of faith themselves. Are these critics willing also to take on this society's dominant paradigm of faith, or are they opportunists grasping at what they see as the low-hanging fruit?

Old 11-18-2015, 05:17 AM

1,134 posts, read 1,124,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post
Right. I feel I have to remind you that if you can't help the op, you actually don't have to post. Shocking, I know.
Yac.
Thank you. I don't understand why it's so hard for some people to just not read a thread and feel the need to bash the OP. I know I think twice before posting now because of the people that get off on making others feel inferior to themselves because they don't agree. The OP wasn't asking for thoughts on the subject, therefore I find the bashing offensive and off topic. They should start their own thread regarding the topic.

I'll choose to ignore the basher and not waste my time responding to such rudeness.

Old 11-19-2015, 05:54 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,729,877 times
Ok, play time is over.
It seems I was stupid enough to assume that you guys, as a whole, are a mature enough group to get the message, that I only had to nudge you in the right direction.
15 deleted completely off topic posts later it turns out, I was very mistaken. So there, I've learned my lesson.
let me make it as clear as I can:
The op asks specific questions. If you decide to post in the thread, you should try to answer them, or maybe add more context, ask for specifics etc. What you should not do, and what I think I'm going to actually punish people for doing, is:
- discuss mod actions - it is specifically addressed in the tos as something that is not ok. Contact me in private, I'm always open for dialog and don't punish people for having a different opinion.
- treat the topic as an invitation to rant about something either irrelevant or only vaguely connected. For example, teh OP is looking for a psychic, not your personal stories about faith or the lack of faith, or how you don't like psychics because whatever.
-treat the topic as an invitation to discuss private matters with another member, completely off topic.
- discuss things like faith and religion in general - there's a separate forum for that.

I personally wouldn't know what advice give to the op as I don't believe in psychics and am not religious. What would I do ? I'd ignore the thread.
Try it next time. Or not and enjoy a vacation from the forum. It's your choice.
Yac.

Old 11-23-2015, 05:01 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
YAC is right, the OP didn't ask if you believed in psychics, just if you knew of one. If you don't have anything worthwhile to add, then you are simply being rude and derailing the thread.

I was as big of a skeptic as a lot of you, but about 35 years ago I was wrestling with a tough time in my career and had to make some serious decisions. A young lady I worked with came from a very affluent family, her Dad was a very powerful, wealthy Attorney. I was telling her I wasn't clear on what I should do and she suggested that I visit a psychic that she knew.

At first, I scoffed at the idea, but she told me this lady was the real deal and amazing. She said a lot of Attorneys would not go to trial until they consulted her, and that she only took people who were recommended by clients, she would not take just any one. I was desperate, so I figured what the hell and she called the lady and got me an appointment about a month later.

Now, you have to understand that the young lady who worked for me and I had a very close relationship and I trusted her completely. When she told me that she only gave the lady my name and nothing more, I know that is 100% the truth. She and I were good friends and if she said that, there is no question it is what she told her.

I went to my appointment on a Saturday, somewhere in one of the little towns around Pittsburgh (I forget now which one) and was met by a nice , old, Italian lady and we sat down at her dining room table. She gave me 3 sheets of paper and a pen and told me to take as many notes as I wanted. She said she would not give me any really bad information (like if I were going to die tomorrow) and asked if there were any areas I wanted off limits.......I said "No, anything is fine."

She began with (I think) Tarot cards and as she began to speak it was as if she was reading from a book, she kept spilling out details of my life. She would say things like " I see you have two children, then she would turn another card and say "Oh, they are TWINS !" When I asked how she knew that, she showed me a card and said "They were born 9 minutes apart !" She continued on and named names that she could not have known from my past, and gave me intimate details only I knew. She said "Do not put any more money in your house, you are going to sell it and make a nice profit. (We didn't even have to list it, a neighbor bought it for her daughter, and we did make good money on it.....a few months later)

At the conclusion, she said, "I see you with palm trees" (and we lived in Pittsburgh ! ) I paid her something like $35 and left. When I got home I read the notes to my wife and told her the only thing the lady screwed up on was the time our Sons were born. (we always said it was 11 minutes, not 9) Then my wife said to me, "No, we were wrong. I just looked at their birth certificates recently, and they were born 9 minutes apart !"

Long story short, I quit my job and took another job that came up, in California. One day as I was driving to work, I looked up and there I saw them.........damn PALM TREES ! In 3 pages of notes, the lady was 100% accurate on every detail, and she named names, dates, and only little things that no one in the world knew but me. She did not give general statements , but very specific statements like a persons first name and specific events.

A few years later, we moved back to Pa and I looked her up, but she had died. There is no question in my mind that she had some gift none of us can understand. I am smart enough to know there are a lot of fakes out there, but this lady was not one of them. I hope the OP is able to find one, like I did.

Don

Last edited by don1945; 11-23-2015 at 05:10 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh