Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 09:58 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
I am glad that Kenny Chesney isn't being blamed for this incident as some were inclined to do when it first was reported.

Chesney just wants to "spread the love" when he returns to Heinz Field this summer.
Yet there are many who have expressed that he shouldn't come because of it, yet acts of violence occur on a regular basis without a scapegoat.

Old 02-21-2016, 12:08 PM

5,802 posts, read 9,893,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
Are you certain that the above statements are all factually correct? Again, I did not see the video or read any of the report or trial history.

How do you KNOW that all five of the men did what you assert they did, above?
It was reported by both the PG and Trib, its pretty consistent to any paying attention without judgement. [/quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
I don't care about the suburbs or race; I do take issue with throwing the very serious 'racist' label at a public official (or using the current social justice term du jour of 'white privilege'- ironically coming from an upper middle class African American) when there was clearly nothing unique about this case supported by any actual facts which weren't invented by the original poster who is clearly trying to inflame some racial tension where none exists in this case.

The judge could throw all the guy in prison for life for all I care; but the plea deal that we have here is completely normal for anyone that knows anything about the criminal justice system.
Quote where I called Zappala racist .... However he did let 4 complicit Racist go without any type of punishment. As far as Zappala is concern I find his cavalier attitude towards this whole thing demeaning and appalling to the Victim..

Yes, White Privilege exist.... 4 racist white males, that targeted and harassed the victim solely on the basis of his skin color ... A FACT reported in the media..... goes home with a mere slap on the wrist.... Black folks would never have this kind of luxury. THIS IS WHITE PRIVILEGE ... You can deny all day long, it's the truth.

"No Racial Tension" in the case .... It has been established over and over again that they specifically targeted the victim on the bases of his Race, Called Him Racial Slurs before durning and after the beat. How on earth does one conclude that there was NO RACIAL Tension, the whole basis for the attack was the fact Victim was Black.

If this premeditated attack has nothing to do with the Victim being Black, then please tell me why this victim was targeted and harassed all the way from the North Side to Wood Street by 5 white thugs after a Kenny Chesney concert?

We're at a point in America where even flat out Racism and Bigotry are denied as just nonsensical conspiracies by minorities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
I always like to play the fact card, rather than the race card, which unfortunately gets used at the drop of a hat.
Yet you've consistently ignored the "Fact Card" when it call Race into question. Funny how that worked.... All one has to do is read the Papers, the Facts are all outlined right there.

Old 02-21-2016, 12:20 PM

Nothing short of the death penalty Or life sentence would make you happy no matter what is written in the paper or portrayed on the news.

Kyle has been sentenced to 8 years. Most every case no matter what race involves a plea bargain. The law is the law and the system is the system. You can accept it or complain about it...unless you want to do something to change it.

Old 02-21-2016, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Nothing short of the death penalty Or life sentence would make you happy no matter what is written in the paper or portrayed on the news.

Kyle has been sentenced to 8 years. Most every case no matter what race involves a plea bargain. The law is the law and the system is the system. You can accept it or complain about it...unless you want to do something to change it.
Is that what you said when OJ got off, the Law is the Law, blah blah blah .....

as I recall a lot of angry whites still like to bring that one up. btw I thought OJ did it from the beginning.

Btw I would have liked for more of show of empathy for the victim is what I would have like to seen happen. They could have gotten more of punishment for the other 4 as well.

4 black boys would NOT be sitting at home right now. Thinking about how to target there next white victim coming from their next Drake concert. This is what has me the most upset, WE ARE NOT ALL EQUAL IN THE EYES OF THE LAW.

Old 02-21-2016, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
Is that what you said when OJ got off, the Law is the Law, blah blah blah .....

as I recall a lot of angry whites still like to bring that one up. btw I thought OJ did it from the beginning.

Btw I would have liked for more of show of empathy for the victim is what I would have like to seen happen. They could have gotten more of punishment for the other 4 as well.

4 black boys would NOT be sitting at home right now. Thinking about how to target there next white victim coming from their next Drake concert. This is what has me the most upset, WE ARE NOT ALL EQUAL IN THE EYES OF THE LAW.
As it's often said, that's a strawman argument...but I wasn't the least bit surprised when OJ got off, nor do I harbor any resentment towards the verdict.

If that's the way you feel about equality, perhaps you should join an effort who feels the same and do something about it.

Old 02-21-2016, 12:44 PM

Quote:
As it's often said, that's a strawman argument...but I wasn't the least bit surprised when OJ got off, nor do I harbor any resentment towards the verdict.
How diplomatic of you .... However many of your fellow Whites do still harbor that resentment.

Quote:
If that's the way you feel about equality, perhaps you should join an effort who feels the same and do something about it.
How do you know I'm not already ....

Old 02-21-2016, 01:07 PM

Quote:
How diplomatic of you .... However many of your fellow Whites do still harbor that resentment.

How do you know I'm not already ....
Stereotyping is ridiculous along with assumptions as they're most often fiction rather than the fact that so many disdain.

I don't. Great if you are, but from your posts it doesn't sound like it's working or helping you.

Old 02-21-2016, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Stereotyping is ridiculous along with assumptions as they're most often fiction rather than the fact that so many disdain.
I agree .... Us Blacks know all about Stereotyping and its adverse effects on a single race of people.

Quote:
I don't. Great if you are, but from your posts it doesn't sound like it's working or helping you.
Why because of my outrage against what I and many other minorities see as injustice w/the system? Trust me I recognized these injustices long before this case came about, this case/situation just highlighted in plain sight for me what I always knew true under the surface.

The problem is so much bigger than this one case ... Like I told Uptown Kid, this is not a Pittsburgh specific problem... This is an American problem, whether some choose to ignore it or fake themselves into believing there's no there, there.

Old 02-21-2016, 01:26 PM

5,894 posts, read 6,881,186 times
Quote:
It was reported by both the PG and Trib, its pretty consistent to any paying attention without judgement.

Quote where I called Zappala racist .... However he did let 4 complicit Racist go without any type of punishment. As far as Zappala is concern I find his cavalier attitude towards this whole thing demeaning and appalling to the Victim..

Yes, White Privilege exist.... 4 racist white males, that targeted and harassed the victim solely on the basis of his skin color ... A FACT reported in the media..... goes home with a mere slap on the wrist.... Black folks would never have this kind of luxury. THIS IS WHITE PRIVILEGE ... You can deny all day long, it's the truth.

"No Racial Tension" in the case .... It has been established over and over again that they specifically targeted the victim on the bases of his Race, Called Him Racial Slurs before durning and after the beat. How on earth does one conclude that there was NO RACIAL Tension, the whole basis for the attack was the fact Victim was Black.

If this premeditated attack has nothing to do with the Victim being Black, then please tell me why this victim was targeted and harassed all the way from the North Side to Wood Street by 5 white thugs after a Kenny Chesney concert?

We're at a point in America where even flat out Racism and Bigotry are denied as just nonsensical conspiracies by minorities.

Yet you've consistently ignored the "Fact Card" when it call Race into question. Funny how that worked.... All one has to do is read the Papers, the Facts are all outlined right there.
Let's try this one last time, no is arguing that the guy got attacked more than likely because, at least in part, the color of his skin or that the thugs werent racists.

The entire point of your thread, however was, given what your first post said, was that the DA agreed to a lenient plea deal based on the skin color of the assailant & outrage that should occur as a result to the point that you hope it f*cks up the DA's career - this most certainly implies Zappala was motivated by race & by definition a racist.

Even though you have never admitted to ever being wrong regardless of facts presented to you otherwise, the punishment the men recieved (1 going to jail on a felony count, 3 others doing probation & paying restitution on a misdemeanor) is what one expects from such an incident regardless of skin color & not because of any so called privelage but rather what normally occurs in such plea bargaining to avoid expensive trials that have a great likelihood of the men getting an even lessor, if any punishment. Continuing to say otherwise shows your complete ignorance of how the justice system works & I suggest you spend time educating yourself on the matter rather than spouting off nonsense in the hopes of stirring up racial emotions against a public official.

And for the last time, people don't get sentenced to jail because their friend attacks someone while they stand watching.

Old 02-21-2016, 01:28 PM

BB, opinions vary. Everyone has one. Just because yours is different doesn't mean you're right. You can be outraged all you like but the law and system played out and they were sentenced. You don't like the sentence and think it would have gone differently if races were reversed. Just another assumption.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh