Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2016, 07:29 PM

5,802 posts, read 9,895,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Not upset in the least.....
Not Surprised in the least .... Curtis, you with your "Random Violence in this Black Neighborhood" threads would be last person I'd expect to get upset about a poor black man get bludgeoned by 5 white thugs.

We'll see your outrage when its Mr McFeely getting beaten by 5 "Straight Outta Compton" misfits.

Old 02-18-2016, 07:34 PM

5,894 posts, read 6,882,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
Not Surprised in the least .... Curtis, you with your "Random Violence in this Black Neighborhood" threads would be last person I'd expect to get upset about a poor black man get bludgeoned by 5 white thugs.

We'll see your outrage when its Mr McFeely getting beaten by 5 "Straight Outta Compton" misfits.
Purposefully exaggerating the actual incident only clouds the issue

Old 02-18-2016, 07:34 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:

Nobody is ever surprised by what you've described. Way too much violence and hopefully the revolving door gets closed.

Last edited by erieguy; 02-18-2016 at 07:44 PM..

Old 02-18-2016, 08:31 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
This^^^^

I certainly didn't read anything about 5 guys using a club.

Old 02-19-2016, 03:09 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,728,669 times
Right..
I can see this is a very emotional issue to many, and with good reason. I'm also aware of the controversial nature of the issues.
Having said that, I have to ask you to remain calm and respectful. I would really hate to be forced to hand out infractions for posts that I agree with, but that are simply too angry and/or personal.
Yac.

Old 02-19-2016, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Where was the exaggeration in my statement exactly? The term 5 white thugs? how would you describe them, just innocent young men who know not what the do when drunk?

Or my using the term Bludgeoned, here let me look up the definition.

bludg·eon
ˈbləjən/Submit
verb
past tense: bludgeoned; past participle: bludgeoned
beat (someone) repeatedly with a bludgeon or other heavy object.
synonyms: batter, cudgel, club, beat, thrash; More
force or bully (someone) to do something.
"she was determined not to be bludgeoned into submission"
make one's way by brute force.

This makes me feel a little bit better ... knowing this issue will NOT be swept under the rug and just go away, because Zappala has deemed himself "Satisfied" ..... Keep the heat on, make this an issue during the primary, I hope his challengers will play this for all its worth.

The Hubris of it all is Amazing.

Quote:
It’s really important that a district attorney fights for justice for all of us, not just those who are wealthy or white,” Ms. Johnson said. “The man at the T station — he’s not getting justice now.”

New Voices is not a partisan group and doesn’t specifically advocate on behalf of (or against) political candidates, Ms. Johnson said, but it does voter registration and other efforts.

“We’re making sure people are holding accountable our elected officials.”

On Thursday, Mr. Zappala stood by the plea, calling it consistent with what could be proved by the videotaped evidence.

“I’ve never made a decision on a political basis,” Mr. Zappala said. “We don’t plead cases unless the victim is on board. This issue was discussed at length.”

Mr. Madonna said attorney general races are typically decided on larger issues, such as prosecutorial experience and temperament, not specific cases. But the Black Lives Matter campaign may change the dynamic, especially for Democrats.

Sentences in T station assault are questioned | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Old 02-19-2016, 04:25 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,583,548 times
Quote:
This excuse doesn't pass the smell test either... Ever heard of Aiding and Abetting ... The bystanders were completely complicit in the victims attack as well ... not directly but indirectly.
I'm just going by what I read in this thread. Is it true that only one man attacked and battered the victim? Did the other three men hold the victim or otherwise attack or assault the victim? A person who aids and abets actually participates in the commission of a crime by performing some Overt Act or by giving advice or encouragement. That other person must also share the criminal intent of the person who actually commits the crime, but it is not necessary for the aider and abettor to be physically present at the scene of the crime. Did the other three men advise or encourage the one man who actually battered the victim?

You need to know the facts before you can successfully charge the other three guys of aiding and abetting in this crime.

If those other guys are not guilty of aiding and abetting, you arguing that people should be legally obligated to physically come to the defense of others in a battery situation, and that if they fail to do so, they should be subject to criminal sanction.

You might want to think about the implications of that.

Last edited by Salmonburgher; 02-19-2016 at 04:38 AM..

Old 02-19-2016, 04:57 AM

2,401 posts, read 2,101,983 times
It is all about color and it's the green color of money.

Old 02-19-2016, 05:39 AM

5,894 posts, read 6,882,782 times
Quote:
Where was the exaggeration in my statement exactly? .
I highlighted your exaggeration. Five repulsive men indeed whom by all accounts are terrible human beings but only one physical attacker (bludgeoner if you will) & that man is going to jail. You are looking for a racial injustice of the law where none exists as the punishments recieved are in line with the norm.
If anything you have an issue with our criminal justice system being too lenient in general since this result is what you normally get regardless of race.

Old 02-19-2016, 08:06 AM

Quote:
I highlighted your exaggeration. Five repulsive men indeed whom by all accounts are terrible human beings but only one physical attacker (bludgeoner if you will) & that man is going to jail. You are looking for a racial injustice of the law where none exists as the punishments recieved are in line with the norm.
If anything you have an issue with our criminal justice system being too lenient in general since this result is what you normally get regardless of race.
See here's the disconnect ... This is an absolute BS statement you just brought yourself to make .... if they were Young Black males, all 5 would be in Jail. And you'd be here making proclamations as to why it was justifiably so...

The law is NOT equal in the eyes of Race, and we all damn well know that whether we can bring ourselves to admitting or not.

So the term "Thugs" can only be used in cases of AA's being the perpetrators. Whites are just "Terrible Human Beings"? ...... Sorry wont work ... They're THUGS!, WHITE THUGS.

I love the attempts as justifying letting 4 thugs go free because again their white and privileged. Sickens me what this country is turning into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
I'm just going by what I read in this thread. Is it true that only one man attacked and battered the victim? Did the other three men hold the victim or otherwise attack or assault the victim? A person who aids and abets actually participates in the commission of a crime by performing some Overt Act or by giving advice or encouragement. That other person must also share the criminal intent of the person who actually commits the crime, but it is not necessary for the aider and abettor to be physically present at the scene of the crime. Did the other three men advise or encourage the one man who actually battered the victim?

You need to know the facts before you can successfully charge the other three guys of aiding and abetting in this crime.

If those other guys are not guilty of aiding and abetting, you arguing that people should be legally obligated to physically come to the defense of others in a battery situation, and that if they fail to do so, they should be subject to criminal sanction.

You might want to think about the implications of that.
All 5 Targeted this Man with the intentions of Stealing his cooler, all 5 men were constantly harassing the man on the Train, causing him to miss his stop which was Gateway Center, not Wood Street. 4 of the men knew what the other 1 was planning to do once he got off the train, and they simply allowed it to happen.

This is aiding and abetting .... if 5 men case a bank but only 1 actually robs it .... All 5 would still go to Jail .... If even one simply provided stakeout for the bank robbers knowing that they were planning to rob the bank, that person would be found to be complicit in the crime due to act of knowing ones intent was to rob the bank.

Your summation that all needed to be directly involved in the attack to have Zappala throw the book at them all ... Is misguided and sorry attempt at finding justification in letting them off.

Ok, I'm done with this ...Yac can close it down or whatever.

Last edited by Blackbeauty212; 02-19-2016 at 08:16 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh