Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 09:08 PM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,802,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Just because you're not a sports fan and you "think" it's not as big, doesn't make it fact.
I wouldn't expect you to understand. I am in the mix of who lives and is entering the city. It is way more international than you could imagine. That being said forget about it. Asians are moving in way more than you can even imagine. There is a need for math/computer minds and they are moving in. Do you think they care about sports? Nope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2016, 09:13 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,033,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I wouldn't expect you to understand. I am in the mix of who lives and is entering the city. It is way more international than you could imagine. That being said forget about it. Asians are moving in way more than you can even imagine. There is a need for math/computer minds and they are moving in. Do you think they care about sports? Nope.
Lol. Stillers season tix are sold for a generation, Pens are at 6 years, and even the Pirates are setting attendance records.

Not sure what Asians have to do with it as I suspect it's another crazy comparison like your poverty issue, but Asians love Kang. If you had any idea of the popularity of sports in da 'burgh, you'd know that. I suspect you haven't been to a 'burgh pro sporting event since the Bucs won a WS.

Old 03-08-2016, 09:17 PM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,802,562 times
Quote:
Lol. Stillers season tix are sold for a generation, Pens are at 6 years, and even the Pirates are setting attendance records.

Not sure what Asians have to do with it as I suspect it's another crazy comparison like your poverty issue, but Asians love Kang. If you had any idea of the popularity of sports in da 'burgh, you'd know that. I suspect you haven't been to a 'burgh pro sporting event since the Bucs won a WS.
WHO CARES????? How many people can fit into that dumb stadium? Hardly anyone in relation to how many people live in the area. It is meaningless! If the entire Northside had tickets then it would be sold out, What about the other 2 million people? Geez you need to at least have a grip on the simple statistics. 80,000 people is the size of NOTHING!

Old 03-08-2016, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
WHO CARES????? How many people can fit into that dumb stadium? Hardly anyone in relation to how many people live in the area. It is meaningless! If the entire Northside had tickets then it would be sold out, What about the other 2 million people? Geez you need to at least have a grip on the simple statistics. 80,000 people is the size of NOTHING!
A huge number of people care. That's why season tix are sold out and will be sold out forever. 65,000 people buying tix and spending $$$ plus the revenue of parking and patronizing businesses in the area is huge. You're out of the realm of reality with your idea of the sports world and 'burgh sports. It's/They're huge.

As to your idea of Asians not caring about sports.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baseball_in_South_Korea

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baseball_in_Japan

Last edited by erieguy; 03-08-2016 at 09:46 PM..

Old 03-09-2016, 08:05 AM

1,577 posts, read 1,273,794 times
Quote:
A huge number of people care. That's why season tix are sold out and will be sold out forever. 65,000 people buying tix and spending $$$ plus the revenue of parking and patronizing businesses in the area is huge. You're out of the realm of reality with your idea of the sports world and 'burgh sports. It's/They're huge.

I'm guessing he is referring to Indians. Who knows with this guy.

Old 03-09-2016, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul2421 View Post
I'm guessing he is referring to Indians. Who knows with this guy.
Non sports fans like to downplay the significance of sports, especially local sports that are so popular, but not to them...and even more so when it's a team they just plain don't like.

Last edited by erieguy; 03-09-2016 at 08:21 AM..

Old 03-12-2016, 10:36 AM

12,244 posts, read 6,406,718 times
Quote:

8 games. That`s all they play and tens of thousands of them are bringing their own food and drink which they brought with them from home. It`s unfortunate that the over the top 12 months of the year hype doesn`t turn into actual dollars. I can`t think of a worse use for a prime piece of real estate than Heinz Field. Eight (8) games....that`s it! Oh yeah, 5 poorly attended Pitt games too.

Old 03-12-2016, 10:47 AM

3,291 posts, read 2,743,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
8 games. That`s all they play and tens of thousands of them are bringing their own food and drink which they brought with them from home. It`s unfortunate that the over the top 12 months of the year hype doesn`t turn into actual dollars. I can`t think of a worse use for a prime piece of real estate than Heinz Field. Eight (8) games....that`s it! Oh yeah, 5 poorly attended Pitt games too.
Not quite, there are preseason and postseason games too, and occasional concerts and other events.

Old 03-12-2016, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
1000's of Bucs fans bring their own food and drink, also. It's called tailgating and it's done at every stadium across the nation.

As to only 13 football games a year, theres a good chance of playoffs, unlike in Buctober which took 20 years to get back on the calendar and where a playoff series hasn't been won since 1979, there's also other events that take place at Heinz Field. Kenny Chesney will even be there this year. Big $$$ brought in every year by that stadium.

Last edited by erieguy; 03-12-2016 at 11:18 AM..

Old 03-12-2016, 11:02 AM

1,705 posts, read 1,380,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Buster View Post
Not quite, there are preseason and postseason games too, and occasional concerts and other events.
For example, the Stone's concert last year. A local and regional draw of fans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
View detailed profiles of: