Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 11:01 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times

Advertisements

A bit of an update, but I don't know if the police have much on these two.

Pair charged in ambush that killed 6 in Wilkinsburg to stand trial | WPXI
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2016, 11:12 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
A bit of an update, but I don't know if the police have much on these two.

Pair charged in ambush that killed 6 in Wilkinsburg to stand trial | WPXI
From reading all of the reports, I'll wager they have plenty. It's just a matter of making it stick.

Old 02-04-2020, 08:58 AM
gg

Well 1 of the 2 are released. Let's see if there are no charges on the one still standing trial or will everyone walk and another unsolved murder. Maybe these guys aren't the shooters? Who really knows I guess.

https://www.wpxi.com/news/woman-arre...I3OIJP5P4TDB4/

Old 02-14-2020, 03:18 PM
gg

Seems they didn't have the right two guys in this case. Hopefully a break in the case someday will help, but I guess we can mark this one unsolved.

https://triblive.com/local/pittsburg...mass-shooting/

Old 02-14-2020, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Seems they didn't have the right two guys in this case. Hopefully a break in the case someday will help, but I guess we can mark this one unsolved.

Doesn’t mean they didn’t have the right guys, just that they couldn’t make it stick if they did.

Old 02-15-2020, 01:56 AM

2,860 posts, read 1,900,493 times
Quote:

Wonder when there's going to be protests that call for witnesses from the community to come forward?? The day after never, probably.
Murder a half-dozen people and its crickets from the community in demanding justice.
A cop shoots a punk who just got done gang-banging and the city gets shut down by the outrage from the community demanding the cop be crucified.

Old 02-15-2020, 06:36 AM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
Wonder when there's going to be protests that call for witnesses from the community to come forward?? The day after never, probably.
Murder a half-dozen people and its crickets from the community in demanding justice.
A cop shoots a punk who just got done gang-banging and the city gets shut down by the outrage from the community demanding the cop be crucified.
Well, I honestly feel this is a time for learning for those of us that don't live there. I won't judge them at all. At this point I probably would agree with them to not come forward as a witness.

1. People know the shooters and their family and friends.
2. People are in fear of the shooters and family and friends and if they come forward they will be a target and fast.
3. People don't trust the police to help in any way, not because the police won't do their job, but they can't have a car outside a witness house for the rest of that witnesses life.

I honestly feel for people near this mass killing. I used to judge the people that wouldn't come forward, but I was ignorant. I can say now actually feel they might be doing the right thing by just keeping quiet. The risks are too high to be a witness. It makes me very sad to be honest, but I don't have an answer. I also have no problem reflecting back and realizing the wrongs I have done. How else would I learn to be a better person. To think about all of this situation is really mind numbing. The person that was accused of the shooting is still in jail, but he will get out. Then what? There are probably some that know what most likely will happen.

Is there any answer to this? I honestly don't think there is at this time. The people not coming forward are smart. It is their best way to survive. At least that is how I feel now. If you don't come forward in this situation, that says a lot and we need to step back and learn.

On the flip side, I feel Wendy Bell was treated very poorly because I understand she just had the feeling of hopelessness towards people living in such fear. There is no learning to attack her perspective like people did. No gain, just hate. To gain something, you would have to engage, not just kick a can down the street. The wrongs are all over the place unless you prefer to kick a can, which is what most everyone is doing.

Old 02-15-2020, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
Bingo

Old 02-18-2020, 09:56 PM

387 posts, read 408,592 times
I have a good friend/in who lives 2 blocks from where this happened...Disclaimer....This is from what I gathered/heard.

There is a 3rd person involved (female). The 2 guys who were locked up were just merely diversions. There's going to be a good deal of blowback from all of this.

I feel conflicted even mentioning this. I bounce in a "Hood Bar" on weekends so I hear(ear hustle) a lot of what's going on in the streets so to speak. Some people talk to others (and myself) a little bit to freely as far as their dealings and whatnot. And before anyone says bull$#!t in the last 3 yrs I've been maced, shot at and threatened to be killed(aside from having cops show up at my front door) where I work.

Old 02-19-2020, 03:43 AM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomchee View Post
I have a good friend/in who lives 2 blocks from where this happened...Disclaimer....This is from what I gathered/heard.

There is a 3rd person involved (female). The 2 guys who were locked up were just merely diversions. There's going to be a good deal of blowback from all of this.

I feel conflicted even mentioning this. I bounce in a "Hood Bar" on weekends so I hear(ear hustle) a lot of what's going on in the streets so to speak. Some people talk to others (and myself) a little bit to freely as far as their dealings and whatnot. And before anyone says bull$#!t in the last 3 yrs I've been maced, shot at and threatened to be killed(aside from having cops show up at my front door) where I work.
It wouldn't surprise me that a woman was involved and probably got this hole thing going. It seems to be pretty common that a woman will get a man or few to go after others and murder. That just happened the other night at that private club in Braddock.

https://www.wpxi.com/news/police-inv...e=cmg-tv-10080

So a woman started all this and someone was killed and she just kicks back and does no time in jail. Guess that is one way to get things done. I believe your story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh