Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 10:46 AM

2,860 posts, read 1,900,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkTransplant View Post
Isn't Peduto's office in the city-county building?
Yes, it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2016, 11:11 AM

1,901 posts, read 4,379,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdv8 View Post
The only shooting that matters? Dramatic much?

You seem pretty sure these brazen daylight shootings are going to continue and worsen. What advice do you have on how the police can help stop it? Or is it impossible to stop, and it needs to run its course?
One week since then
MALE SHOT IN SHERADEN
NON-FATAL HOMEWOOD SHOOTING UNDER INVESTIGATION (1/2 Homewood shootings)
‘I’m Tired’: Friends, Family Of Murdered Girl Speak Against Gun Violence (2/2 Homewood shootings)
4 people shot in California-Kirkbride neighborhood
Only one arrest (the Downtown shooting). At the moment there are three unsolved youth homicides and "on going investigations" of increasing numbers of shootings.
See edit.

I have no advise for the police, they know what their up against. Retaliation is ongoing. North, South, East, West its all connected. This concept is new to cities across America (such as Cincinnati and Philadelphia) due to housing project demolitions and inner city neighborhood gentrifications, 90's babies gang members don't have the same gang lines as their fathers, uncles, brothers, so on so forth. They also are either appearing to be losing their or don't have a moral code for at least trying to limit female/child by-standers causality when committing shootings. In other words, in the past mistaken identity, wearing the wrong color or being in the hail of gun fire could of got an innocent person killed. Now it appears to be anybody near the intended target get's shot too (not for witness reasons, but rather a cruel sense of revenge & capital punishment).

The question is if the newly imputed community-policing policy in place will help simmer things back down to the way they were for most of 2016.
See after most articles "Group Violence Intervention Unit" investigating. Now there's also the PIRC & local Ceasefire groups. Other non-law enforcement community based groups like the Pittsburgh MAD Dads, among others do tend to be some of the first responders in helping grieving families & counseling misguided youth. It was a joint effort that quelled gang violence for most of this year. Even when the shooting in Wilkinsburg happened (it was more isolated & allgedly involving older gang members enacting violence with an ex crew member of their clique/former friend with in the gang) the big youth gang beefs were mostly on "the internet" (social media). Now it seems things could get even more outta hand very quickly.

In the last several weeks: two 17 year olds have been murdered, another four wounded in broad daylight in the city of Pittsburgh.

Last edited by Uptown kid; 09-19-2016 at 12:00 PM..

Old 09-19-2016, 04:39 PM

69 posts, read 97,665 times
The wood street T stop...getting worse. I love going downtown but lately I'm rethinking it.

Old 09-19-2016, 07:05 PM

969 posts, read 772,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingHuman View Post
The wood street T stop...getting worse. I love going downtown but lately I'm rethinking it.
Right. When do you find yourself downtown?

Old 09-20-2016, 10:22 AM

346 posts, read 537,215 times
I'm downtown 5 days a week but rarely near the Wood Street station... It's crazy how isolated geographically all the "excitement"is. It seems to stay contained to that specific block. With most of the trouble happening in this very specific area at mostly the same time every day I feel it should be an easier problem to fix. I hope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh